Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Bowen let go by Colts

TKnight24

if you're reading this Kevin, thank you so much for all your tweets, info, & everything else you've done to help me help keep this forum informed for those who aren't able to get to the practices or whatever the case may be. Good luck in your future, thanks for everything. You will be missed :colts:

:scoregood:

Kevin.....

If you're reading this......

I can tell you that as a member of the Los Angeles news media for 30 years, who covered the Rams and Raiders in the 80's and 90's,  you did great work here that was greatly appreciated by your readers.

You've got a great start on your resume and have exceptional work to show on your next job interview.    Some media outlet is going to be lucky to hire you.

The other thng to tell you is your dismissal is wrong.     Just flat out wrong.      This is the dark side of the industry that few know about,  but it's very much real.

Good luck to you....

I'll be reaching out to your e-mail address....    thanks so much for providing it....

Best of Luck.....   (Andrew or otherwise....)

Michael Forrest

NewColtsFan

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

if you're reading this Kevin, thank you so much for all your tweets, info, & everything else you've done to help me help keep this forum informed for those who aren't able to get to the practices or whatever the case may be. Good luck in your future, thanks for everything. You will be missed :colts:

:scoregood:

Thank you Kevin Bowen Good luck in the future.

My favorite Colts writer. I will follow whatever else he does next, providing its media related. I would devour a weekly Kevin Bowen podcast on the Colts (hint, hint). We will miss you, Mr. Bowen. 

Really hope he doesn't get replaced by Matt Dalaney (sp?). His articles are ok, but I can hardly stand to listen to him stumble over and butcher the English language on his podcasts. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely horrible news. Probably the best Colts writer there is. No idea why this happened. You could literally fire anyone else at random, and it'd be a better decision than this.

Best of luck in the future Kevin.

He must have said something they didn't like or something,

12 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

My favorite Colts writer. I will follow whatever else he does next, providing its media related. I would devour a weekly Kevin Bowen podcast on the Colts (hint, hint). We will miss you, Mr. Bowen. 

Really hope he doesn't get replaced by Matt Dalaney (sp?). His articles are ok, but I can hardly stand to listen to him stumble over and butcher the English language on his podcasts. 

Maybe they're planning on bringing in Rick Venturi.

His articles were engaging and well put together, you could tell. It was not like just a compilation of stats or memories for the sake of those, the context was well presented pretty much every time. 

Good luck Kevin!!! I am certain you will do real well at your next gig, whatever it is. 

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

:thmdown: This sux! 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely horrible news. Probably the best Colts writer there is. No idea why this happened. You could literally fire anyone else at random, and it'd be a better decision than this.

Best of luck in the future Kevin.

31 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Surprising. Kevin was really good. 

29 minutes ago, life long said:

Why?!?! Who made this call?

Completely agree, wth.  It's not like their business has suffered a downturn so they are forced to let good employees go.  SMH.

He spoke (wrote) his mind.  A homer, but an honest one.   Informative always.  

If they replace him him with a shill, they'll be doing a disservice to their fans.  

Good luck KB, I know you'll come out better for this.  

It's surprising because Steve Andress was let go around a year ago, who also seemed like he did a pretty good job. I thought maybe the Colts were just looking for a female reporter (Caroline Cann) to pair with Bowen, but it looks like they're simply doing whatever they want. 

I don't necessarily know that Bowen was the best writer out there, but he did a pretty admirable job of covering the team from all angles and seemed pretty personable to both fans and fellow media personnel alike. 

16 minutes ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

It's surprising because Steve Andress was let go around a year ago, who also seemed like he did a pretty good job. I thought maybe the Colts were just looking for a female reporter (Caroline Cann) to pair with Bowen, but it looks like they're simply doing whatever they want. 

I don't necessarily know that Bowen was the best writer out there, but he did a pretty admirable job of covering the team from all angles and seemed pretty personable to both fans and fellow media personnel alike. 

Andress had some not so kind words about the organization on Twitter when the news about Kevin broke today.

Something must have happened behind the scenes. Maybe he was revealed to be the 'reliable source' behind the leaking of some sensible news. Or he just gave away too much information in his articles and mailbags. But it also might be that he was unrespectful toward Ms Caroline Cann who is obviously the protegee of someone important.

Anyway, unless he's done something illegal I strongly disapprove this move. Nowdays we see all too many arrogant executives and dictators that seek to silence all reasonable voice around them.