Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Olympic Sprinter

TKnight24

I haven't seen anything on here about the signing but we signed WR Marvin Bracy who was an Olympic sprinter and 3 time national champ at 60 meters. He's not just a sprinter. He was an all-american football player and played for Florida State as a freshman before deciding to become a professional sprinter. I say he's the fastest I'm the NFL because a Tennessee sprinter who has almost identical times in the 60 meter sprint ran a 4.12 40 so it makes sense that Bracy can run something similar. What are the chances he makes the team?

On 8/8/2017 at 1:28 AM, SteelCityColt said:

To be fair I think most teams do the bottom end churning of the roster, especially now. The problem with Grigson was that there was no top end.

It's not that.  Grigson had a thing for fast WR's.  

Question. . . what is the 40 time of the slowest wide receiver that Ryan Grigson drafted??

Answer: Donte Moncrief - 4.40 

Grigson never drafted a big body WR.  Instead he always seemed to prefer pure speed.  At least in the draft.  

16 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

It's not that.  Grigson had a thing for fast WR's.  

Question. . . what is the 40 time of the slowest wide receiver that Ryan Grigson drafted??

Answer: Donte Moncrief - 4.40 

Grigson never drafted a big body WR.  Instead he always seemed to prefer pure speed.  At least in the draft.  

Kinda talking about different things here, I was talking more about low end roster churn without being position specific and not really about drafting guys. 

I do agree though that he loved physical measurables (Adongo!) over proven talent. However he's not exactly the only GM guilty of this.