Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerry Collins Retires

John Waylon

Jake Locker prolly just soiled himself knowing he'll have to go up against Freeney and Mathis (And maybe Hughes?) all alone this season...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/07/kerry-collins-retires/

Huge blow to the Titans IMO. Chris Johnson is going to hold out, and even he, as good as he is, can't carry the whole load, so they're going to need their QB to step it up, and I'm not sure if Locker can do it...

Collins was pretty underrated. You never heard much about him, but he certainly knew how to play QB well. If I'm not mistaken, he was a Polian draft pick.

In Buffalo or Carolina? Buffalo I think?

Edit:

Nope. My bad Carolina. Search engines are great!

Really, you guys are surprised at this huh? I was watching the Titans-Dolphins game last year and when I saw Collins hurt his Achilles or whatever it was with no contact I said "Old man's got nothing left, that should rap up his career." And if Brett wants to come back (PLEASE don't let that happen) then my guess it would be that he would sign with the Titans for a year. Jake Locker is going to be a gunslinger, so why not learn from the best for a year?

People here in TN are in a state of PANIC! :panic: Well, except for us Colts fans. :cheer:

Good, I hope they are panicking all season long! Personally, I'd have preferred Kerry to have played another year. This would have brought indecision, chop and change, and a great deal of uncertainty within the offense as a whole.

Well, at least we'll see what Locker has in his locker.

I knew they would transition to Locker quickly, but I thought Collins would stick around for one more season to mentor, start and then be backup. If the kid gets hurt, they are in trouble.

I guess they are going to be signing fast as soon as the CBA is done or whenever FA opens. However all that is working at the moment.

Too bad, love Collins, such a great QB, one of the best to never win a SB. Anyways, now the Titans have a rookie QB at the helm which is good news for us.

one of the best to never win a super bowl??? we are talking about kerry collins right? the guy that played at penn st?

Heard on the radio today that the Titans are interested in bringing in a veteran QB now.

God I hope Favre goes to Ten. The rumors of him coming back are getting under my skin again. I think Freeney and Mathis need to remind him he's too old to play in the NFL :wink:

Jake Locker prolly just soiled himself knowing he'll have to go up against Freeney and Mathis (And maybe Hughes?) all alone this season...

lol he's laughing in a jail cell right now. Although, with that 1st round money of his, bail is cheap.

• 4 months later...

http://profootballta...ollins-retires/

Huge blow to the Titans IMO. Chris Johnson is going to hold out, and even he, as good as he is, can't carry the whole load, so they're going to need their QB to step it up, and I'm not sure if Locker can do it...

wait....what?