Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have "easiest" 2017 Schedule

TKnight24

A big positive is that a lot of the games that would be deemed to be "easy" are towards the start of the schedule. 

If we get off to a good start we could build momentum into a strong campaign, compared to recent 0-2 starts we have had to go through. 

Also means Luck is phased in easier than coming up against the Pittsburgh's of this world early on.

Well to get a tougher schedule like the Manning days, we need to win and become dominant again. I don't mind easy schedules, and given the fact teams get better in the off season, like we hope the Colts did, you never know from year to year. That's why they play the games. Easy schedules are ok, but if you win on those terms, you get a false sense of getting better. But like Ballard says, he wants to be the team people prepare hard for instead of the team that has to do the preparing. I love this approach and along with his competition at every position mentality, I think we are on the right track. I cant wait for this season, and even the Pre Season is going to be fun to watch with all the changes and really wanting to see and expecting good things from the new guys we have. I think we had a good draft to build on and this Ballard guy is getting us going in the right direction.  

I don't put much stock into easier or tougher schedules. Every season is different and relying on last years schedules as a measuring block is a huge mistake. We have teams every season who over achieve what some say they are going to do just like having teams who fall off the anticipated places suggested.

It makes no difference this season what anyone did last season.

We have the easiest schedule every year according to many "sources". It's all a bunch of crap really. NOBODY has any clue on how a team is going to do unless they are an absolute dumpster fire. The Colts are nowhere near atrocious as what other fans may think. We had an injured QB and went 8-8 twice, that's what happens. Now, it's time to step it up and kick some of this "easy" schedule butt.

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That whole SOS thing goes out the window if we don't have Luck.

Actually it becomes very important if we don't have Luck. SOS is used as tie breakers for draft picks. God forbid it if we are without luck for any large length of time, SOS could be the difference between 1st pick and 5th in theory