Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which rookie are you eager to see?

oldunclemark

The off-season has been way too long.  I want to see the exhibitions to get a look at the new rookies...

My first interest.: Christian McCaffrey

I know that every No.1 draft choice is all-pro and they all play the game 'the right way'

.....but reports from Carolina say that this boy is hard to tackle in the open field

Cam may not play in the pre-season but 'Mac' will.  He's always been 'that guy'.  Anxious to see if its real

Edited by oldunclemark

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with Mark, McCaffrey has me intrigued and he's with Cam now. That guy may be unstoppable. For us it's Mack and Hooker of course.

I should have said.....other than Colts guys..

I'm looking for ward to a seeing all the Colts rookies...especially on defense.

I am intrigued by Mitch Trubisky..I think it was a mistake to draft him...but I want to see him anyway...

he's played so little nobody really knows

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I should have said.....other than Colts guys..

I'm looking for ward to a seeing all the Colts rookies...especially on defense.

I am intrigued by Mitch Trubisky..I think it was a mistake to draft him...but I want to see him anyway...

he's played so little nobody really knows

I heard earlier today that Mitch is 3rd string. Not good for someone drafted so high IMO.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

He's behind Mark Sanchez?

You're right...not a ringing endorsement...

I was listening to a sports show earlier and that's what they said. 

Its still early of course and Mitch may turn out great, but the Bears gave up an awful lot for a guy who is 3rd string right now. That's a bad look.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bears are a cluster fruck

You cant be playing Mark Sanchez a lot in the pre-season....Nobody wants to see that

.Trubisky's got to play..he needs to play...good or bad....they play Denver Thursday..Trubisky's got to play a half

You cant be playing Mark Sanchez a lot in the pre-season....Nobody wants to see that

.Trubisky's got to play..he needs to play...good or bad....they play Denver Thursday..Trubisky's got to play a half

I see them at 4-12. I have friends and relatives that are Bears fans and they are dreading the season.

I don't want to admit to watching the Browns

but Myles Garrett and Jabril Peppers...those boys could charge up that defense if they're as good as folks say

Garrett will be a stud IMO. Hes been beating up on Joe Thomas in practice I read the other day. And we all know how good Joe Thomas is.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see them at 4-12. I have friends and relatives that are Bears fans and they are dreading the season.

I'm hoping for .500 and they rebuilt the secondary ..but LBs and pass rushers are questions

..and they start with Atlanta, Tampa, Pittsburgh and Green Bay, Minnesota and Baltimore.

That road goes nowhere

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Browns and Jacksonville have to be better, dont they?

They just have to be?

..with all the players they've added....they cannot continue to live in the basement

can they?

Jacks I have at 6-10 so they will be better. Some of these teams I can pick before the pre-season even starts. I will wait on us because I want to see what Andrew's status is.

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver has 2...a defensive end..DeMarcus Walker...a really good pass rusher

..and a WR...Carlos Henderson.........much needed sped and open field running

I will track all the big names. I am an Irish fan so I keep up with our players. Technically  he was a rookie last year but Jaylon Smith is the guy I most want to see. I will  watch him. Kizer will be easy to follow on SC. 

Onwuala and Cole both UDFA's from ND i was hoping we might look at. I'll keep. an eye out for them.

Then I will keep an eye on guys I was looking at for us  day 3. Guys like Johnson G Elder Kazee King CB's, Lawson Carraway OLB  McNichols Hop and Jones RB then Blair and Gedeon ILB. Those are names off the top of my head I thought Gedeon was a real sleeper on that Michigan D. 

Jaylon is the guy I want to see He didn't play in the HOF game 

4 hours ago, akcolt said:

I will track all the big names. I am an Irish fan so I keep up with our players. Technically  he was a rookie last year but Jaylon Smith is the guy I most want to see. I will  watch him. Kizer will be easy to follow on SC. 

Onwuala and Cole both UDFA's from ND i was hoping we might look at. I'll keep. an eye out for them.

Then I will keep an eye on guys I was looking at for us  day 3. Guys like Johnson G Elder Kazee King CB's, Lawson Carraway OLB  McNichols Hop and Jones RB then Blair and Gedeon ILB. Those are names off the top of my head I thought Gedeon was a real sleeper on that Michigan D. 

Jaylon is the guy I want to see He didn't play in the HOF game 

Do you think Jaylon Smith is OK and ready to play, ak..?

I dont understand why he didn't play in the Hall-of-Fame game.

I know they don't want to risk further injury but that risk has to be taken in the pre-season...

They need to see if he's the same player he was at ND...

I was very surprised he did not play

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Do you think Jaylon Smith is OK and ready to play, ak..?

I dont understand why he didn't play in the Hall-of-Fame game.

I know they don't want to risk further injury but that risk has to be taken in the pre-season...

They need to see if he's the same player he was at ND...

I was very surprised he did not play

I don't follow the Cowboys that closely but Sean Lee said he looks great more importantly Jaylon said he feels 100%. Jerry said he is ready to use a 1st round pick on him. I also read a report saying his nerve was back to 80%. Rotoworld maybbe? 

I wasn't concerned about him not playing more disappointed.  They are doing it right taking it slow He hasn't played football in over a year.  I'm not sure how' many practices he's had in full pads. It can't be more than a couple. I'd think he's having mandatory days off the dreaded  pitch count etc. 

I think it's a good sign he didn't start on the PUP. There is no rush. He still has a month I'd use every day.  He needs contact in practice before playing in a game The Boys have 4 more preseason games. He wil need to get his feet wet before week 1.

I wouldn't expect to see a lot of him before the regular season. The preseason games aren't going to improve his health. He's. not fighting to make the roster.

Everything sounds good. The nerve is regenerating that was the biggest concern I thought. That being said I don't think we get the real Jaylon this season. He shows flashes, makes highlight  plays here and there.

I think if he can make through this year without any issues  next year he really tears it up.

Of course, I am looking forward to all my team's rookies, especially Dalvin Cook.

In addition, I am intersted to see:

Stanford players Solomon Thomas and Christian McCaffrey. 

Alvin Kamara

Evan Engram

Adoree Jackson

Deshaun Watson

Jabrill Peppers

Cooper Kupp

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's better than Brock so I am worried. Maybe not much better but he is.

We could trot one of the cheerleaders out there and they would be better than Brock lol. But have you heard the news? He's starting the first preseason game in Cleveland. Maybe a career resurgence is in motion...haha

1 minute ago, Qwiz said:

We could trot one of the cheerleaders out there and they would be better than Brock lol. But have you heard the news? He's starting the first preseason game in Cleveland. Maybe a career resurgence is in motion...haha

You have to be excited about the great JJ coming back this season. I would be, One of the greats!

3 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

If I was picking an ALL AFC South team, Luck would be 1, JJ would be 2, after that who cares. That is a 2 man domination on each side.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was picking an ALL AFC South team, Luck would be 1, JJ would be 2, after that who cares. That is a 2 man domination on each side.

I love that we get to see them facing each other twice a year. Throw JD in the mix too and it's even more fun. :rock:

7 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Brock will probably give Cleveland some hope, maybe 6 wins? They will be partying in the street for weeks to come.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:52 PM, NFLfan said:

Of course, I am looking forward to all my team's rookies, especially Dalvin Cook.

In addition, I am intersted to see:

Stanford players Solomon Thomas and Christian McCaffrey. 

Alvin Kamara

Evan Engram

Adoree Jackson

Deshaun Watson

Jabrill Peppers

Cooper Kupp

McCaffrey is going to be a stud IMO. Hes like a swiss army knife as an NFL player.

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

McCaffrey is going to be a stud IMO. Hes like a swiss army knife as an NFL player.

I got home too late to see McCaffrey play this evening. But I did see a lot of Deshaun Watson. I like the kid. He looks so poised. Yes, I know, it is preseason but he looks better than Brock did. 

Which Colts players are you most interested to see? I would like to see Tarell Basham.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I got home too late to see McCaffrey play this evening. But I did see a lot of Deshaun Watson. I like the kid. He looks so poised. Yes, I know, it is preseason but he looks better than Brock did. 

Which Colts players are you most interested to see? I would like to see Tarell Basham.

I missed most of the game tonight unfortunately...

But probably Marlon Mack. Have a feeling hes gonna be a good one.

22 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I missed most of the game tonight unfortunately...

But probably Marlon Mack. Have a feeling hes gonna be a good one.

Mack is a good player. On the Colts Forum Mock Draft earlier this year, I drafted him for the Vikings. :)