Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/5/17 (Night Practice)

TKnight24

Takeaways from open practise. Bug Howard is a huge target and looked very good. He did have one drop but had alot of passes thrown his way and stood out. TY and Aiken had a couple nice catches.Tolzein was bad,  if Luck misses any games were in trouble. The defense as a whole out performed the O. Jon Bostic was making all the calls, leading the D and is an un-questioned starter as of now. Al Woods looked good and is 1 huge dude, he demanded double teams. O- line was pretty bad imo without Haeg and Mewhort. Mathis ran almost every drill with the pass rushers which was really fun to see. Hankins may miss some time. He tried to go back in but had a noticeable limp. Same goes for Swoope, he also had a noticeable limp and didn't want any part of discussing his injury during autograph session (can't blame him). Joe Haeg looked fine and told me he was just resting due to some minor bruising. Mewhort appeared to be ok as well, he was very active on the side line during his non-team drills. Kelly missed a couple snaps while a trainer was stretching out his shoulder,  hopefully that was nothing. I talked with Luck and Doyle for a few minutes, they are both as advertized. Very down to earth good guys. Mack looked bigger than 6' to me, he seemed fairly tall for a rb. He was also a good chat,  he is humble and hungry. Overall the D looked like they wanted to play some what physical and  put on a show for the fans. Not so much for the O with the back up QB's.