Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Secondary

TKnight24

Give the keys to the kids. 

1) We're not going to win it all this year anyway.

2) We're not playing many teams with pass first game plans

3) We can always reduce them to situational duty if they struggle

I trust Chuck and Ted, but at this early stage of camp I want to see them trained like they're day one starters.

They also look to be pretty hard to run on with the new additions. Bostic, Morrison, Sheard, Simon, Hankins, Woods, et all. Could add a couple yards to 3rd down which brings us to the back end. Like the man said, "younger, faster, stronger". 

I'm curious to see how they use Butler and Hooker at the same time. They're both ideally deep safeties and I'd much rather let Hooker develop there and see how Butler looks in the box. He's small but he's a good zone back and I think he would be alright playing the short middle, trying to jump routes. 

Not sure if they're trying more cover 2 looks with them. 

9 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

I'm curious to see how they use Butler and Hooker at the same time. They're both ideally deep safeties and I'd much rather let Hooker develop there and see how Butler looks in the box. He's small but he's a good zone back and I think he would be alright playing the short middle, trying to jump routes. 

Love to see butler and hooker on field on 3rd and long. Good int chance

20 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Love to see butler and hooker on field on 3rd and long. Good int chance

Yeah I've rethought it. I think Butler should play SS and in a Cover 3 look should jump down in the box and play the flat. He's always been a slot corner so that would be his natural fit at safety. The flat is where he seemed to make most of his plays last year. Malik plays the Ed Reed center field role. Man I wish Geathers was healthy though. 

11 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

I was looking forward to seeing Butler as our 5th DB playing the middle zone, with Geathers playing te's and Hooker deep.

It is plan B for now. I KNOW we will be better.   :thmup:

22 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Sure, I could be wrong, but I still don't see us beating Brady.

Nobody sees themselves beating Bradicheck but if you don't believe your already defeated!  Let's give the train a chance before derailing is all I'm asking.  Rise Colts Nation

9 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Nobody sees themselves beating Bradicheck but if you don't believe your already defeated!  Let's give the train a chance before derailing is all I'm asking.  Rise Colts Nation

If Andrew is healthy and our Defense improves which I think it will, anything is possible. Not 1 person in here picked the Falcons to go to the SB and they actually could've won that, they choked. Falcons Defense wasn't ranked all that high and Andrew is in the same class as Matt Ryan is.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

uh!  Because our path to that game was a HISTORIC level JOKE?

I will never understand why some people don't give us credit for winning in MileHigh during that run. Yeah Peyton was playing a little dinged up but he still played and actually got Denver the lead 7-0. Thomas was healthy and Von Miller was 100% healthy as well and their Defense was solid. MileHigh is a place where the Pats hardly ever even win at. Tom Brady lost to Jake Plummer there in the 2005 Playoffs. Denver beat the Pats just a year later and Peyton was a shell of himself. To poo poo our win at MileHigh during that run is ridiculous IMO. That was Andrew Luck's best win of his career and it's not even debatable beating Peyton and that Defense at that place.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will never understand why some people don't give us credit for winning in MileHigh during that run. Yeah Peyton was playing a little dinged up but he still played and actually got Denver the lead 7-0. Thomas was healthy and Von Miller was 100% healthy as well and their Defense was solid. MileHigh is a place where the Pats hardly ever even win at. Tom Brady lost to Jake Plummer there in the 2005 Playoffs. Denver beat the Pats just a year later and Peyton was a shell of himself. To poo poo our win at MileHigh during that run is ridiculous IMO.

It's pretty east to understand. There are some who don't want to give any positive credit to the Colts even when they deserve it. They just want to hand pick the negative issues to point their finger at Pagano as a bad coach.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's pretty east to understand. There are some who don't want to give any positive credit to the Colts even when they deserve it. They just want to hand pick the negative issues to point their finger at Pagano as a bad coach.

Yeah to poo poo that win is silly. Denver was like an 8 point favorite. Nobody picked us to win that game.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Another win that never gets brought up is when the Colts beat Seattle. Andrew 1 Wilson 0. Seattle was loaded and healthy and we still beat them in 2013.

On 8/4/2017 at 7:15 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

Give the keys to the kids. 

1) We're not going to win it all this year anyway.

2) We're not playing many teams with pass first game plans

3) We can always reduce them to situational duty if they struggle

I trust Chuck and Ted, but at this early stage of camp I want to see them trained like they're day one starters.

I dont agree with the not going to win this year statement but give the keys to the kids

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Another win that never gets brought up is when the Colts beat Seattle. Andrew 1 Wilson 0. Seattle was loaded and healthy and we still beat them in 2013.

That game was at home and we had to come from behind

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was one of my favorite games of the Luck era. A back and forth game, it was very entertaining.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

That game was at home and we had to come from behind

Yeah but we won and they were a great team that year. They won the SB that year. I guess the point of my last 2 Posts are, some people act like we haven't accomplished anything in the Luck era. We have had some great wins actually in this era. Yeah we haven't won the SB but it took Peyton 9 years to do it. In Luck's 5 years he is 46-30 as a starter and made a Championship Game. He has the Rookie record for most Passing Yards and is only 1 of 8 different QB's to throw for 40 or more TD's in a season. He has also beat Russell Wilson and has beat Aaron Rodgers twice LOL, once in Lambeau which was last year with a Bad Defense. We also have owned the Chiefs and many people always have them as a Top 6 or 7 team in the league.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but we won and they were a great team that year. They won the SB that year. I guess the point of my last 2 Posts are, some people act like we haven't accomplished anything in the Luck era. We have had some great wins actually in this era. Yeah we haven't won the SB but it took Peyton 9 years to do it. In Luck's 5 years he is 46-30 as a starter and made a Championship Game. He has the Rookie record for most Passing Yards and is only 1 of 8 different QB's to throw for 40 or more TD's in a season. He has also beat Russell Wilson and has beat Aaron Rodgers twice LOL, once in Lambeau which was last year with a Bad Defense. We also have owned the Chiefs and many people always have them as a Top 6 or 7 team in the league.

We haven't done the three things that matter. Beat the steelers. Beat the patriots and win super bowl.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

We haven't done the three things that matter. Beat the steelers. Beat the patriots and win super bowl.

True but hardly nobody has. The Patriots are just on a different level by themselves. Only Denver has beat them in the last 3 years and they had a Great Defense and Peyton playing very smart to do so.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but hardly nobody has. The Patriots are just on a different level by themselves. Only Denver has beat them in the last 3 years and they had a Great Defense and Peyton playing very smart to do so.

Everytime we see the steelers lately we arent at full strength

Just now, Stephen said:

Everytime we see the steelers lately we arent at full strength

That too. They do have our number though. It's strange how we can usually beat the Broncos and Chiefs but cant beat the Steelers or Patriots. I get not beating the Patriots but you would think we could get a couple from the Steelers at times.

8 hours ago, NDcolt said:

Disagree with "we're not gonna win it all this yr" quotes!!!  Why not, just 3 yrs ago we were in the AFCC???  Improved OL, Improved D, added talent, WHY not us?

Yeah I’m with you on this. If our defense true has improved I can see us in the playoffs this season. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too if Andrew is healthy. If we can start like 2-0 and get confidence and Andrew is in there, 10-6 is real feasible and Division Title.

I think we’ll win more than 10 games. The schedule we have it’s possible. Again we know what our offense can do. It’s the defense that we need to have figured out. If slightly improved then we’ll be in the playoffs.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We owned the Chiefs right up until last year....

Amd then we got dominated by them.     We were not even very competitive in a bad loss to a very good KC team.

Things change....

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We owned the Chiefs right up until last year....

Amd then we got dominated by them.     We were not even very competitive in a bad loss to a very good KC team.

Things change....

True but for the most part in the Luck era we have owned them. That 2013 Playoff Game was a classic. We have to figure out a way to beat the Pats and Steelers. I am hoping the Defense and the Secondary become solid, Hooker has Great potential.

Luck or not for the first few games I'm calling 11-5 this year and we win the division. 

I think the regime change at GM will have done wonders especially for Pagano. I don't have any doubt that Pagano and staff will be limited by the front office anymore in any shape or way this season. It's a no holds bar on the field and I believe our guys get us at a minimum to the divisional round. I think our early round picks will surprise us.

Sure, ...., I could be wrong, I suppose......NAH...i ain't!

Either way it's just this one fans opinion.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think all predictions of a winning season should be put on hold until we know FOR SURE that Luck will be starting week 1 and that's he's up to speed.

Right now,  I think that's a HUGE assumption.........

Tolzien didn't look too bad today. That along with his performance vs the Steelers defense last year (and it wasn't his fault we lost anyway) gives me confidence in Tolzien to always give us a chance. He isn't an Andrew Luck though so I understand your caution before declaring a winning season. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Andrew is healthy and our Defense improves which I think it will, anything is possible. Not 1 person in here picked the Falcons to go to the SB and they actually could've won that, they choked. Falcons Defense wasn't ranked all that high and Andrew is in the same class as Matt Ryan is.

On the other hand they had a run game with great backs not a older barley 1000 yard rb

A lot of "if" when predicting a 10-6 or even 11-5 season. Since we hired Ballard, it feels like there's an optimistic mood around the colts. Like everybody, not just the fans, is fired up. There's the hope and the feeling to get something big started in the near future. To carry that over to the season and get off to a strong start will be important on how this season will develop. And even if we don't make the playoffs, it's important to see improvement on the defensive side of the ball and keep the optimistic mood alive.  Developing a top tier def will take us minimum one more draft and offseason. We shouldn't be impatient and bet on a deep playoff run right now. But handing the keys to our young players or rookies on defense is the key to a bright future for our franchise.