Colts Training Camp 8/4/17

Bluefire4

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Wells ESPN Staff Writer 

Overheard at Colts training camp Day 4: Running back Frank Gore as he made his way off the field at the end of practice: "Our defense is a lot tougher to compete against." Gore isn't one to just pass praise, so that's good news for the Colts if true. Change had to be made on the defense after it finished 30th in the NFL last season. GM Chris Ballard spent the offseason replacing the older players on the Colts defense with younger more aggressive players on the unit. There could be as many as seven new starters on defense this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Stephen Holder @HolderStephen

Antonio Morrison is out here head hunting. Just lit up T.Y. Hilton over the middle. He pulled up and didn't lay him out, obviously, but man.

8/4/2017, 8:47:42 AM

I think Morrison is going to surprise people. He got a bit too much flak from Colts fans last year, IMO. I thought he looked very solid at times. Not great against the pass, but he was pretty good against the run. I think Morrison can be a more physical version of DQ.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I think Morrison is going to surprise people. He got a bit too much flak from Colts fans last year, IMO. I thought he looked very solid at times. Not great against the pass, but he was pretty good against the run. I think Morrison can be a more physical version of DQ.

Seems like he's gotten better.  Always liked him against the run and I still think he's a 2 down guy but I am interested to see where his game is at live.  Hopefully I can catch a couple of the preseason games.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Seems like he's gotten better.  Always liked him against the run and I still think he's a 2 down guy but I am interested to see where his game is at live.  Hopefully I can catch a couple of the preseason games.

Totally possible hes improved against the pass, but I don't think I've read about how his coverage has been.

Great plays by the defense! That's outstanding! 

I'm a novice when it comes to analyzing defense, should I take it for what it's worth that the picks were from back up quarterbacks? Definitely not trying to take away what the defense did by any means, just asking. 

1 minute ago, TDewar1987 said:

Great plays by the defense! That's outstanding! 

I'm a novice when it comes to analyzing defense, should I take it for what it's worth that the picks were from back up quarterbacks? Definitely not trying to take away what the defense did by any means, just asking. 

I would say yes and no.  Our D seems to be improving and having CB's jump routes and show skills is always good but against a 4th string might water it down a little.

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I would say yes and no.  Our D seems to be improving and having CB's jump routes and show skills is always good but against a 4th string might water it down a little.

Yeah that's what I figured. I definitely love how our defense is doing so far. Makes my mornings at work a little more bearable because I can read all of the updates haha

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Havent heard anything about John Simon but I'm sure he's getting it in.

2 minutes ago, jet1968 said:

I dont believe I have heard anything about him the whole training camp

He had an interview on like Day 1, then went MIA.

But no news is good news so I'll take it seeing as how he's probably a locked roster spot