Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garrett Sickels

CR91

Garrett Sickels

To be perfectly honest I didn’t pay much attention to Sickels through most of Tuesday’s practice. He looked aggressive and I’d look down to see who wore the number and thought “good, he’s solid” but thought little else about it. But, that changed in the latter half of practice.

He was matched up against Good in the pass rushing drills and simply abused him. I took notice and watched his next few reps. Sickels continued to look good, strong and quick matching up against tackles and guards giving them all they could handle.  

Big fan of sickels and I hope he makes the roster

13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Garrett Sickels

To be perfectly honest I didn’t pay much attention to Sickels through most of Tuesday’s practice. He looked aggressive and I’d look down to see who wore the number and thought “good, he’s solid” but thought little else about it. But, that changed in the latter half of practice.

He was matched up against Good in the pass rushing drills and simply abused him. I took notice and watched his next few reps. Sickels continued to look good, strong and quick matching up against tackles and guards giving them all they could handle.  

Big fan of sickels and I hope he makes the roster

I watched him play at Penn State and thought his play resembled Henry Anderson. 

42 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Depth at LB is going to be pretty decent. Can't wait to see them in a real game.  

I have the feeling that with Tolzein playing QB, we'll see the #1 D on the field a lot in the preseason. 

The goal is to have a better than average running game am I right?

15 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The goal is to have a better than average running game am I right?

A Goal.  It's hard to run if the D has no fear of your passing game.  

Most teams don't gameplan in the preseason though, so they probably won't stack the box.  

42 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Most teams don't gameplan in the preseason though, so they probably won't stack the box.  

If the running game is better than last year I won't complain

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Tolzien has been a much better passer than Morris and the other guy. I don't think he's as bad as advertised, just no Andrew Luck

14 hours ago, neug3246 said:

I liked the UDFA of sickels, I watched his game tape and was surprised that he didn't get drafted. Hope he makes the roster bc if not he will defiantly be picked up by someone else.

It's going to be tough for Sickels to make the 53 man IMO. We more than likely keep 5. I think we all agree Simon Sheard and  Basham  get 3 of those spots. 

That leaves Ayers Mingo Mount and Sickels fighting for 2 spots. I think Ayers gets a spot because he's the best all around player of the 4.  

That leaves 3. Mingo has some versatility can play some inside and is proven on special teams. I think Mount will prove to be the best pass rusher of the 3 giving him the best shot at beating Mingo for the last spot. 

I don't understand why you think Sickels won't clear waivers. That's exactly what I see for him a spot on the PS. I would not rule out bringing in help at OLB after cuts. 

I think this season might end our streak of an UDFA making the roster. We appear to be looking for way to keep Rhodes without using  an ILB spot.  If Hennessy doesn't make it then who is the UDFA?  I really like Giraham but it'll be tough at S too. Guys like Sickels Graham. Thomas Blackmon and Howard all would be good canadites in recent years.. It'll be tough this year. That says a lot about how much Ballard has improved our depth. . 

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, akcolt said:

It's going to be tough for Sickels to make the 53 man IMO. We more than likely keep 5. I think we all agree Simon Sheard and  Basham  get 3 of those spots. 

That leaves Ayers Mingo Mount and Sickels fighting for 2 spots. I think Ayers gets a spot because he's the best all around player of the 4.  

That leaves 3. Mingo has some versatility can play some inside and is proven on special teams. I think Mount will prove to be the best pass rusher of the 3 giving him the best shot at beating Mingo for the last spot. 

I don't understand why you think Sickels won't clear waivers. That's exactly what I see for him a spot on the PS. I would not rule out bringing in help at OLB after cuts. 

I think this season might end our streak of an UDFA making the roster. We appear to be looking for way to keep Rhodes without using  an ILB spot.  If Hennessy doesn't make it then who is the UDFA?  I really like Giraham but it'll be tough at S too. Guys like Sickels Graham. Thomas Blackmon and Howard all would be good canadites in recent years.. It'll be tough this year. That says a lot about how much Ballard has improved our depth. . 

I think we should keep 6 OLB's personally. We have a lot of possibilities, though. I like Sickels, but I also wanna see Mingo and Ayers on the roster. Both are versatile, Mingo and Ayers both could play ILB. And maybe Mingo can finally put it all together with us. Who knows. Then like you said Mount seems like he could be a pretty good pass rusher, so I like him as well. We'll just have to see. I just hope we roll with 6.