Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/3/17

TKnight24

7 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

So who is the nickel back then?  I figured Hooker as FS and Butler as Nickel?  I guess not.

yeah butler is a safety now apparently

my guess is melvin ends up at nickel back with wilson being the #2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, aaron11 said:

with geathers out we dont seem to have a strong safety type guy on the active roster

i guess that could be green, but he still seems more like a free safety to me if anything

I have not heard much on Green at all so far.  I have heard Farley and Powell playing that role over Green.  Has anyone heard anything?

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I have not heard much on Green at all so far.  I have heard Farley and Powell playing that role over Green.  Has anyone heard anything?

Don't think Powell is a box safety.   He's more of a FS or Corner as he's not all that physical.  Don't know who is going to end up there.   Think it will be between Farley and Green.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yeah but that was week 1 at Buffalo during his rookie year, seems like a small sample size. I'd like to see him another look back there.

They don't seem to want him there.  Not giving him any opportunities.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Don't think Powell is a box safety.   He's more of a FS or Corner as he's not all that physical.  Don't know who is going to end up there.   Think it will be between Farley and Green.

So far it is looking like Farley's job to lose.  I have not heard one thing about Green and that is not a good sign.  Well at least they are not saying how bad he looks I guess.  

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

So far it is looking like Farley's job to lose.  I have not heard one thing about Green and that is not a good sign.  Well at least they are not saying how bad he looks I guess.  

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I'm staying neutral until I see a couple preseason games and more practices. It's only been 3 practices.   Lot more to evaluate.

4 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Sounds like Morrison is having an incredible camp. From what ive read he is playing faster and reacting instead of thinking. I like this he was tenacious against the run.

You mean to tell me that players sometimes actually improve after their rookie season?

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Deiontrez Mount is another guy I mentioned previously as somebody to watch in the preseason.   Was a pretty good rusher at Louisville.  Love the size at 6'5" and he runs a 4.6.  I felt they must like him if they kept him on the roster and got rid of Curt Maggitt.   Will be watching Sickels as well.

I actually wondered that earlier, if Keefer was just mistaken on Swoope's weight. He was already really big last season, would've been surprised if he managed to put on 5-10 lbs of good weight.

Really exicted for him though, he already seemed like a matchup problem for some guys. More speed should help with that.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I actually wondered that earlier, if Keefer was just mistaken on Swoope's weight. He was already really big last season, would've been surprised if he managed to put on 5-10 lbs of good weight.

Really exicted for him though, he already seemed like a matchup problem for some guys. More speed should help with that.

Exactly my thoughts. He was able to get separation with dbs last year. With more speed, could be even scarier for them. 

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Interesting they have Hankins as the 3-tech DT. Was thinking he was going to be the nose. Is it more to do with Langford out or Woods' good form, or both?

Hankins said he could play anywhere on the line.