OLD FAN MAN

best vs worst

16 posts in this topic

what does anyone think will be our best strength and our worst weakness

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to catch the emotion of the forum lately...

 

Strength: Andrew Luck if healthy and plays most of the season

Weakness: QB if not!

 

If Dreaming...

 

O-line

Punter  (all due respect to the Boomstick, least important position of a starter)

 

In reality, too early to say!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weaknesses=  Punter, KR/PR

 

Strengths= WR, QB, K, DL, OL

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strength: I'll go with Marlon Mack over T.Y. because not sure how many games Luck will be there to throw to him.

 

 

Weakness: I'll say  our ILB's will be  more shaky over our thin, in-experienced secondary. I think Hooker may be able to raise the unit all by himself.

There are other areas of concern like our RT, group of TE's, and of course we can't forget coach pagano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our strength now, IMO, is our D-Line. With Henry Anderson back, Johnathon Hankins anchoring the middle, and a host of new faces (including Basham), I think this unit arguably turns from our biggest weakness to our biggest strength. I would say O-Line, but I want to see a little more from Haeg and Clark first. It's also too early for the secondary, despite the high picks and strong camp performances thus far.

 

Our Biggest weakness, IMO, is the ILBers. Any one of them could start and do well, or they could all be terrible. We just have to hope there's someone in the bunch that can succeed as a starter for us. As of now, it's our weakness. It could improve though if there's a standout.

 

Obviously QB and WR is a bigger strength if Luck is 100%, but that's a big IF right now. Going on what I know right now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Our strength now, IMO, is our D-Line. With Henry Anderson back, Johnathon Hankins anchoring the middle, and a host of new faces (including Basham), I think this unit arguably turns from our biggest weakness to our biggest strength. I would say O-Line, but I want to see a little more from Haeg and Clark first. It's also too early for the secondary, despite the high picks and strong camp performances thus far.

 

Our Biggest weakness, IMO, is the ILBers. Any one of them could start and do well, or they could all be terrible. We just have to hope there's someone in the bunch that can succeed as a starter for us. As of now, it's our weakness. It could improve though if there's a standout.

 

Obviously QB and WR is a bigger strength if Luck is 100%, but that's a big IF right now. Going on what I know right now.

i agree on paper our d-line looks great, worried about pass rush and secondary and inside lb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weakness - Running game/red zone

 

Strength - 3rd down defense

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That Guy said:

Weakness - Running game/red zone

 

Strength - 3rd down defense

 

 weakness

 I would go with our inside between the guards run game because of our tall thin guards.

But, Haeg will add some real dimension to our outside running game, his pulls right, and we should be

much better with screens to his side.

 Very high expectations for our front seven after they play together 8 games or so. :strong:

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i agree on paper our d-line looks great, worried about pass rush and secondary and inside lb

I have hopes that our D-line becomes a run stopper and provides enough pressure that Sheard and Simon get hurries and sacks.  The Sack stat gets you paid but lets not forget that valuable hurries column.  Make them feel pressure and not able to set the feet is all I ask.

 

ILB I agree and see as a weakness.  Secondary if healthy is good but right now might be a weakness because of health and youth.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strengths:

QB and WR's

D-Line

 

 

Weaknesses:

Linebackers - There is some potential there but no one stands out as being a strong starter.

Running back.

Secondary Depth

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strengths

Receiving corps (incl. TEs)

QB

DL

Starting OL

 

Weaknesses

OL depth

OLB

Secondary Experience

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strengths -  WR, OL, DB's

Weaknesses -  Rookie starters, familiarity among new players, Pagano 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be different here once again

 

Strengths- Andrew Luck, Playing Titains, having the ball last when down 6 points or less. Leading the league with most attempts and catches 20+ yards downfield.

 

Weaknesses- 4:00 game time starts, Playing Pitt, going to Cin (for some strange reason) coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that no one mentioned that we have 53 players on our roster that wasn't here last year

folk's that rebuilding anyway you cut it . Don't expect too much yet. It's going to take awhile to gel.

The main thing is don't rush Andrew back too soon. We need him healthy for the future. we don't

need him beat up every week. This could be a blessing in disguise him being out until the team

starts to improve line wise.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defense

Strength = D-Line (best mix of talent, speed, strength & experience)

Neutral = LB's (decent mix of talent, speed, strength & experience)

Weakest = Secondary (unbalanced mix of youth & experience, talent level undefined)

 

Offense

Strength = Ball Handlers (decent mix of youth & experience, talent level above average)

Weakness = O-Line (unbalanced mix of youth & experience, talent level below average)

 

Special Teams

Strength = Skill Positions (proven vets)

Weakness = Other Specialists (experience, youth, talent & continuity undefined) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Douzer said:

Defense

Strength = D-Line (best mix of talent, speed, strength & experience)

Neutral = LB's (decent mix of talent, speed, strength & experience)

Weakest = Secondary (unbalanced mix of youth & experience, talent level undefined)

 

Offense

Strength = Ball Handlers (decent mix of youth & experience, talent level above average)

Weakness = O-Line (unbalanced mix of youth & experience, talent level below average)

 

Special Teams

Strength = Skill Positions (proven vets)

Weakness = Other Specialists (experience, youth, talent & continuity undefined) 

i agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • What is up with the Umps and Zobrist, that ticked Maddon off! God glad we won this game, this is one game had we lost I would've really been mad about. Huge win too. Up 1.5 over Brewers and 2.5 over Cards now.
    • Cubs win 7-6! I guess the Reds didn't want to Pitch to MVP . A win on a Wild Pitch! I'll take it, I felt good with Bryant being up there.
    • Yeah baby!!!! nonsense call on Zobrist and Maddens ejection, but they get the win anyway!!!!!!! GoCubsGo!!!!!!    
    •               Can you find me just one mainstream media outlet that said right after the draft that Green shouldn't have been drafted at all.      Just one media outlet.   I said it in another post,  but perhaps it's worth repeating....    Green isn't being moved because he's not cutting it at Safety.      He's being moved because the need became greater at corner.        And the people that say that are Chuck Pagano and Ted Monachino....      here are the comments.     As he enters his second NFL season, he’s drawn praise from Pagano and defensive coordinator Ted Monachino, who have said the game has noticeably started to slow down for Green, a wide receiver his freshman season at Clemson before making the move to safety the following year.

      But with some injuries at cornerback, Pagano said he just thought it was time to gauge the 6-foot-3, 211-pound Green’s interest in beginning to learn the position with three preseason games still left before the Colts open up the regular season Sept. 10 against the Los Angeles Rams.

      “We’re missing some guys in the backfield — we’ve got a couple corners out — and we’ve got a tall, fast guy that’s a good football player,” Pagano said of Green at cornerback. “And at the end of the day, we’re going to find the best four guys (in the secondary).”
  • Welcome New Members

  • Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.