Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forrest Lamp tears ACL

Steamboat_Shaun

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Totally mauled to the max man

:rock:

Hardcore hot mess in the injury department dude.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Did Tom Telesco take the Midwest Colts to the West with his training staff? :scratch:

You might be onto something. 

On 8/2/2017 at 6:59 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

And we thought we had bad luck with injuries...

Far from it. An injury to Arthur Jones, Laron Landry, Dwayne Allen, or Trent Cole would be disappointing...

An injury to Jordy Nelson or LeVeon Bell would be devastating.

On 8/2/2017 at 6:59 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

And we thought we had bad luck with injuries...

I'm not sure that we necessarily have worst luck with injuries then the average NFL team.  In fact I thought last year was a good year for us injury wise.  

The chargers have been for the past 2 or 3 years having some of the worst luck when it comes to injuries.  Rivers has been fine but everyone around him gets hurt and goes on IR. 

Last year some talking head postulated that Rivers' arm was going because the first half of the season he was "player of the year" level and second half throwing interceptions.  I just looked for a rock wall to hit my head against for relief from the idiocy.  

First half of the year, amazing talent to work with and at least large bodies to stand in front of him.

Second half of the year, some guys they picked up off the waiver wire to throw to who turn left when they were supposed to turn right and the front office was calling, asking if I wanted to try out for Offensive lineman *smacking my head!*

21 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Last year some talking head postulated that Rivers' arm was going because the first half of the season he was "player of the year" level and second half throwing interceptions.  I just looked for a rock wall to hit my head against for relief from the idiocy.  

First half of the year, amazing talent to work with and at least large bodies to stand in front of him.

Second half of the year, some guys they picked up off the waiver wire to throw to who turn left when they were supposed to turn right and the front office was calling, asking if I wanted to try out for Offensive lineman *smacking my head!*

How is keenan Allen coming along?

On 8/3/2017 at 3:40 PM, jvan1973 said:

Training personnel can't prevent ligament tears

They cannot prevent them but they can develop exercises that increase the strength and flexibility of tendons and ligaments, they can come up with diet plans that that include nutrients needed by the ligaments/tendons healthy.  If a team has a lot of a certain type of injury, many times they can look at either the training staff or the individual training done in the off season.  With ligament tears it can often be traced to a strength program that focuses too much on developing fast twitch muscles very quickly, without additional training and time for the ligaments to catch up.  So players have muscles that are applying torque to ligaments/tendons and joints that are not prepared for the extra stress.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

They cannot prevent them but they can develop exercises that increase the strength and flexibility of tendons and ligaments, they can come up with diet plans that that include nutrients needed by the ligaments/tendons healthy.  If a team has a lot of a certain type of injury, many times they can look at either the training staff or the individual training done in the off season.  With ligament tears it can often be traced to a strength program that focuses too much on developing fast twitch muscles very quickly, without additional training and time for the ligaments to catch up.  So players have muscles that are applying torque to ligaments/tendons and joints that are not prepared for the extra stress.

I'm with CD on this one.

I recently turned 45, and although I'm obviously not a professional athlete, I still do quite a bit of mountaineering. At one point it's how I made my living, so it's a fairly serious thing for me. I recently started doing some different things from a training perspective. I met someone who runs a program geared toward the modern athlete, with equal focus on building strength, stability, and flexibility. I've noticed a HUGE difference with my own battered 45-year-old body, lol... 

Anyway, point being, some schools of thought are geared more toward lengthening and building strength, which is sort of the stuff that Brady is into that he swears by. 

19 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I'm with CD on this one.

I recently turned 45, and although I'm obviously not a professional athlete, I still do quite a bit of mountaineering. At one point it's how I made my living, so it's a fairly serious thing for me. I recently started doing some different things from a training perspective. I met someone who runs a program geared toward the modern athlete, with equal focus on building strength, stability, and flexibility. I've noticed a HUGE difference with my own battered 45-year-old body, lol... 

Anyway, point being, some schools of thought are geared more toward lengthening and building strength, which is sort of the stuff that Brady is into that he swears by. 

I just want to say that is so cool.

16 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I just want to say that is so cool.

LOL, thanks man... 

It's really been eye-opening. For years (decades really) I thought I was doing all the right stuff, but in reality I was over-working certain parts of the body and under-working others. I started this program almost a year ago. This is the best I've felt physically since my 20s, and before various injuries/surgeries. 

25 minutes ago, GoPats said:

LOL, thanks man... 

It's really been eye-opening. For years (decades really) I thought I was doing all the right stuff, but in reality I was over-working certain parts of the body and under-working others. I started this program almost a year ago. This is the best I've felt physically since my 20s, and before various injuries/surgeries. 

Anytime someone can earn their living doing something they do for fun is awesome.  When that something is mountaineering that seems even better.

I'm glad you are able to keep doing it.

41 minutes ago, GoPats said:

LOL, thanks man... 

I love hearing stories like these, I am in my 40's too and need to start jogging again and watching my diet. Congrats man.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Anytime someone can earn their living doing something they do for fun is awesome.  When that something is mountaineering that seems even better.

I'm glad you are able to keep doing it.

I got to do that for about five years, it was terrific. Tough way to make a living (you certainly aren't going to get rich) but so very rewarding. Not just for my own pursuits... guiding can be very satisfying. It's great to introduce people to something new and to see them test and push themselves. On the other hand, not all clients were a walk in the park, lol... haha

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love hearing stories like these, I am in my 40's too and need to start jogging again and watching my diet. Congrats man.

It doesn't get any easier huh? Haha... we're good though, I hear 50 is the new 30. :lol: