Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you still be a Colts fan if they moved to another city?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 100GFB said:

I'm old, prehistoric but surely not a living treasure!  I go back to names as Donovan, Gino, Mutz, The Horse, Johnny U, Vogel and Moore!  Why would I switch loyalties just for another Mayflower move.  Nope then I'd have to remodel my Colts Corner!  I bleed blue, been a Colts fan before many of you were born!  I'm married for life!  Oh and I wish it was only 2/3 hour drive to Indy.

Prehistoric you say. Nah, that just means your invested & that longterm commitment doesn't scare you  buddy. Only your reflection in the mirror when you first get up in the morning. Just joking 100GFB. 

So, if you bleed cobalt, can I call you Blueberry man? All kidding aside, I would never dream of questioning your horseshoe loyalty. It's admirable & very impressive. 

Me? This is my team & should they relocate again SW1 is going to follow them regardless of their zip code or state boundaries. 

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Inb4someonesaystheyalreadydidthat

But seriously, if the modern day Colts moved to another city, would you still be a fan of them?

Me? I would be. Its the team I grew up with. 

Me too. But I grew up with them in Baltimore.  Watched them since 58, on a 9" black and white RCA tv in a Huge console. I moved here in 1980, and expected them to move to Phoenix, so I've already lived with them moving...

I'm in Canada, and the only place I could really accept the Colts moving to would be if they somehow came to Toronto haha. Even then, I would hate it if they left Indy. It's the city in the US I've spent the most time in (hence why I'm a Colts fan). 

But even if they moved to the other side of the world, I'd still be a Colts fan. I love Indy, but I love the Colts too, and I can't honestly picture myself cheering for any other franchise. 

Now here's counter question, what if Indy did a Cleveland Browns? As in, what if the Colts changed cities and names, but then a few years later, a new franchise in Indianapolis was established called the 'Colts'. Would you cheer for the "old Colts" or the new ones? 

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol I've never been to Indy, I've been a fan for 13 years now. I think in the age of bleacher report and nfl ticket. Being a local fan isn't really.. needed I guess? Like it was 50 years ago. 

If they moved I'd still be a fan

You are really underestimating the percentage of the fan base that is made up of locals. Saying they aren't needed is just ridiculous.

My answer is no. I would probably just stop watching the NFL and find something better to do with my Sundays.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

I have no ties to Indy, besides being a fan of the Colts. I'd feel bad for you locals, but assuming they didn't overtly dog the locals out, I would continue being a fan. 

We just built them an unbelievable stadium......I would say if they leave us anytime soon they did us pretty dirty.

13 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

We just built them an unbelievable stadium......I would say if they leave us anytime soon they did us pretty dirty.

This Thread was pretty much a hypothetical I am sure. I don't think we are going anywhere for a long time with Lucas Oil Stadium only being 9 years old and the winning tradition we have had over the last 2 decades. Andrew Luck (if healthy) will be here for at least 10 more years as well. I think we are safe. We sell out every game too.

6 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

You are really underestimating the percentage of the fan base that is made up of locals. Saying they aren't needed is just ridiculous.

Local fan base is needed. Or the stadiums would be empty.. But the TV views would still be large. Maybe I didn't make myself clear.. I didn't grow up in a world where I only knew the local team and only heard about the local team. The social media world has really expanded all of sports. 

I'm from Indy and most likely yeah I would still root for the Colts.  It depends though.  If either the Colts or Indy tried to bend the other over a barrel, I'd take issue with that.  Or if they move to LA, especially to share a stadium with another team.  :scorebad:

Or if they end up being a major rival to the new Indy team in like 25 years, I could start rooting against them.  There were probably folks in Baltimore who didn't like how the city handled the situation with the Colts, and remained fans of the Colts up until the Ravens and Colts developed a sort-of-rivalry, and they started rooting for their hometown Ravens against the Colts.

I think as long as the Colts keep selling out games, Indy is willing to build/improve a stadium, there is revenue-sharing in the NFL, and the Colts have a decent team with a superstar QB to attract a national audience, then it will all be sunshine and rainbows.

15 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol I've never been to Indy, I've been a fan for 13 years now. I think in the age of bleacher report and nfl ticket. Being a local fan isn't really.. needed I guess? Like it was 50 years ago. 

If they moved I'd still be a fan

Are you from NY?

I used to live in Indy and was a Colts fan from the start. For the last 12 years, I've lived only about 30 minutes from the stadium where another AFC South team plays, and yet still a die-hard Colts fan. It would suck if they left Indy, but I suppose I'd still be a fan. 

There is a documentary about the Colts leaving Baltimore that every sports fan should watch. Sorry I can't recall the title but it emphasizes the incredible love some of those fans held for their Colts. On the flip side Johnny Unitas said,"screw them, I have never been to Indiana nd have no plans of going." Safe to say he became a Ravens fan.

31 minutes ago, King Colt said:

There is a documentary about the Colts leaving Baltimore that every sports fan should watch. Sorry I can't recall the title but it emphasizes the incredible love some of those fans held for their Colts. On the flip side Johnny Unitas said,"screw them, I have never been to Indiana nd have no plans of going." Safe to say he became a Ravens fan.

ive seen that.  it was pretty interesting

ive always lived in indy, and was born around the time the colts moved here.  i would feel like they did if the colts left here

21 hours ago, 100GFB said:

I'm old, prehistoric but surely not a living treasure!  I go back to names as Donovan, Gino, Mutz, The Horse, Johnny U, Vogel and Moore!  Why would I switch loyalties just for another Mayflower move.  Nope then I'd have to remodel my Colts Corner!  I bleed blue, been a Colts fan before many of you were born!  I'm married for life!  Oh and I wish it was only 2/3 hour drive to Indy.

Hehe!  We survived the last move and it is safe to say that I would survive another, as long as the team records and uniforms went with the move.

If they move, they better move to California :rock:

Yes, I would still be a Colts fan no matter where they move.  Been a fan for over 20 years so I don't see myself switching just because they move elsewhere.  I'm a Diehard Colts fan for life!

I am a Colts fan.  Not an Indianapolis fan. It has become a lot easier to follow whatever team you want regardless of the city they consider home. It's not like when Baltimore was the home of the colts. I could care less which city they called home. It's nice that they're an hour away from me though. 

I don't think I would but I'm not for certain.  

Honestly I think if the Colts moved or something I'd probably just become a Packer's fan (because I like their ownership model) or I'd stop following the NFL until a new team moved into Indy.