Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you still be a Colts fan if they moved to another city?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Inb4someonesaystheyalreadydidthat

But seriously, if the modern day Colts moved to another city, would you still be a fan of them?

Me? I would be. Its the team I grew up with. 

Same here. That has been my favorite team since they moved to Indy so I don't think it would change now as I am getting older.

Well I'll be the first to vote not only NO but h e double hockey sticks NO!!!  

Yes i I realize the Colts came here from Baltimore but the circumstances lead to that with eminent domain trying to be used. The recent moves by San Diego(now LA) Chargers, the raiders and rams annoy the heck out of me and really turn me off as a fan towards ever watching them. I get that the NFL is a business first but it's getting to the point where they are taking their fans for granted and searching only for money. After the tax payers of this city footed the bill for not one but TWO new stadiums for the Colts, I'd be beyond angered if they even thought about moving.

I'm old, prehistoric but surely not a living treasure!  I go back to names as Donovan, Gino, Mutz, The Horse, Johnny U, Vogel and Moore!  Why would I switch loyalties just for another Mayflower move.  Nope then I'd have to remodel my Colts Corner!  I bleed blue, been a Colts fan before many of you were born!  I'm married for life!  Oh and I wish it was only 2/3 hour drive to Indy.

Indianapolis is not Baltimore. Unless some heinous potential eminent domain chicanery were taking place that could force the team to have no other recourse but to seek a new home, unless some situation like that existed (which it does not now exist), I would feel hurt and betrayed were the Colts to leave Indianapolis. I would likely not continue to feel the same affection for the organization if that were to happen.

I can't say for sure, but I'd probably be too bummed to be a Colts fan anymore... If another franchise moved here after, I'd be tempted to root for them...

I would definitely stay a Colts fan if I moved out of Indiana, myself...

I definitely wouldn't be able to be a fan of an L.A. Colts team... Part of the charm of the Colts, for me, is at least the pretense of a Midwestern work ethic and emphasis on character, despite how incompatible that image is with reality at times.

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

But seriously, if the modern day Colts moved to another city, would you still be a fan of them?

You said the London Colts are here? 

3 hours ago, colts2dasuperbowl said:

I am an asian dude living in Cali. I never lived in nor visited anywhere near Indy, but I am Indy fan since Marshall Faulk days. I'm an Indy fan for life! haha

Same, except I am a white dude from Oregon.

But, if Portland got a team that would change. I would be a fan of both teams but develop more of a connection with the Portland team over time. 

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I would be...

I've always liked the Colts style of play as well as their personell, the QB tradition

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good question..I;ve been a raiders fan from way back and I'll stay with them in Sin City

2 hours ago, 100GFB said:

I'm old, prehistoric but surely not a living treasure!  I go back to names as Donovan, Gino, Mutz, The Horse, Johnny U, Vogel and Moore!  Why would I switch loyalties just for another Mayflower move.  Nope then I'd have to remodel my Colts Corner!  I bleed blue, been a Colts fan before many of you were born!  I'm married for life!  Oh and I wish it was only 2/3 hour drive to Indy.

I became a Colts fan when my favorite Ohio State player joined them.  Tom Matte.  That's how ancient I am. So yeah, I'd follow the laundry again.

I became a Colts fan when they drafted Peyton Manning, and I live in Colorado. So I've had a lot of good memories and wouldn't leave them. The city doesn't matter too much unless they moved to California or New York (the two states I really don't like). If I wanted to root for someone else, I would root for the Broncos, and I remained with the Colts, even when Peyton got signed by them (only rooted for them in the SB for Peyton).

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I became a Colts fan when my favorite Ohio State player joined them.  Tom Matte.  That's how ancient I am. So yeah, I'd follow the laundry again.

Yes Tom Matte.  The Garbage Man!  That was no disrespect to him but a true compliment!  He was always there for the scheduled pick up; did his job and didn't complain; actually did more as he was an emergency QB think during the playoffs game with plays on a wrist band; yes and a garbage truck cost more and last longer than your luxury car, it ain't pretty but gets the job done... Yes smonroe Tom Matte was the man!

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I already answered this question ... with their move from Baltimore.