Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams DT Dominique Easley out for season

ColtsBlitz

Significant loss of depth for the Rams but DL can be found later in the season after cuts as well, IMO, and made to contribute in roles.

Heck, they may go after Kendall Reyes or someone like that who will fit Wade's 1-gap 3-4.

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

should be ok as long as luck plays

if he doesnt we lose

Have you seen footage of Jared Goff? He is bad...Very bad. Could be the biggest bust since Russell in Oakland. 

The Colts should be able to win even without Luck, this QB is that bad.  

19 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Have you seen footage of Jared Goff? He is bad...Very bad. Could be the biggest bust since Russell in Oakland. 

He is very bad and I agree if our defense should be able to have a good game it's week 1. Either we win and we SHOULD win. Or we flounder around helplessly at some point in the game and blow it.

I agree though, losing to Goff and making him look GOOD would be the worst thing around. Last thing the Colts need is to make Jared Goff look good. But if Tolzien is starting the Rams would say the same thing about our offense......

19 hours ago, Synthetic said:

I don't think the coaching staff did him any favours.  Now that he's the full time starter and he's being given practice/training camp reps as such, I think he'll improve.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't think the coaching staff did him any favours.  Now that he's the full time starter and he's being given practice/training camp reps as such, I think he'll improve.

He may improve but I don't think he is anywhere near comfortable yet or even ever will be.  As I heard someone put it... he sees 15 defenders not eleven.  

My bet is he will never be a good NFL QB, let alone a great one and will eventually fade away.  He was an available option when drafted.  That doesn't make him a good option.

Thats what I heard anyway, lol.

19 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

He may improve but I don't think he is anywhere near comfortable yet or even ever will be.  As I heard someone put it... he sees 15 defenders not eleven.  

My bet is he will never be a good NFL QB, let alone a great one and will eventually fade away.  He was an available option when drafted.  That doesn't make him a good option.

Thats what I heard anyway, lol.

He may be bad, but I don't even know what that means.  :lol:

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

He may be bad, but I don't even know what that means.  :lol:

Lol, I guess maybe the game moves too fast for him and he sees more people than are there which translates to not being able to divide the confusion and the pace well enough, or at least fast enough, to make a good decision while going through his reads. 

It makes sense to me.  

It was an analyst that made the comment and I am just repeating it.... 

Regardless, he sucks - pretty much. lmao

On 8/4/2017 at 5:44 PM, Jules said:

He is very bad and I agree if our defense should be able to have a good game it's week 1. Either we win and we SHOULD win. Or we flounder around helplessly at some point in the game and blow it.

I agree though, losing to Goff and making him look GOOD would be the worst thing around. Last thing the Colts need is to make Jared Goff look good. But if Tolzien is starting the Rams would say the same thing about our offense......

Your team BETTER beat the Rams cause oh mah gawd, Jared Goff could be the biggest bust we've seen since Jamarcus Russell. 

You have to really watch some tape of him from last year to see how BAD he is...His throwing motion and just his body movement in the act of passing is really bad. I'm left in shock just at the fact the Rams threw so much at him in the first round and whoever thought he was a plausible 1st round pick. 

Goff is BAD...I hope to hell the Colts don't lose to him. 

On 8/4/2017 at 6:37 PM, 21isSuperman said:

While this is true, from watching the Hard Knocks, I do not get why the Rams drafted him so high and traded away so much for him. He was so clueless in that training camp, I don't get what told them he was a first round pick besides him being good looking and the hometown L.A. thing. 

I don't think he's going to improve. You have to watch some tape of him last year. He was very, very bad...He had arguably his best game vs the Saints and even in that game, he looked bad. Goff's biggest issue is his throwing motion. He does not throw the football like normal QB's. There's not enough zip on his passes. 

Even worse, his pocket presence clearly shows a QB that can't handle pressure and is scared to take hits. When he's rushed, he takes his eyes off down field and panics and his body language tenses up. The highlight of Vic Beasley slinging him down with just one hand is as hilarious as it is sad.