Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck could miss 6 games

ColtsArmy84

49 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This or something similar is what Luck is doing under supervision of the medical team. 

http://drwaltlowe.com/media/files/page/Interval-Throwing-Program-Football_1.pdf

My guesstimate  is still that he'll be off the PUP and doing team drills within about 4 weeks.  That doesn't give him much time to practice the playbook throws in team drills before the first game of the season.  Not sure he gets any pre-season game action at all.  We'll see shortly enough.

Where'd you track down that document? Nice work!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

When will it be acceptable to smash the panic button? 

Tough to say, this story came out pretty shortly after the La Canfora piece, & it says pretty much the complete opposite...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/01/report-colts-still-expect-luck-to-emerge-from-pup-before-week-one/amp/

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope he plays opening day, if not we will lose.

Week 1 with THIS team always makes me nervous regardless. Luck or no Luck.

But with that being said........the Rams had maybe the worst offense in the league last year so if our defense can't show up for this game then uh oh.

Many point to the Rams defense, it wasn't that great last year. I think Wade can be a miracle worker but does he have enough to work with on this current Rams team?

I don't follow the Rams closely enough btw outside of knowing how puke they have been and yes despite puke qualities it's week 1 in their house so it's nerve wracking.

My hunch has been the Colts win a close ugly week 1 game. But if Luck is not there or he looks rusty as hell week 1 then I don't know........

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Somewhere, Wade Philips, Gregg Williams, and Arians' DC are licking their chops if Luck does not play for the first 3 games.

Did you guys realize that even though it may be the Rams and Browns, we will be playing 3 aggressive DCs in the first 3 games?

Even if he don't miss 3 games, these DC's are famous for heavy blitzes and they could easily injure him. 

27 minutes ago, Jules said:

Week 1 with THIS team always makes me nervous regardless. Luck or no Luck.

But with that being said........the Rams had maybe the worst offense in the league last year so if our defense can't show up for this game then uh oh.

Many point to the Rams defense, it wasn't that great last year. I think Wade can be a miracle worker but does he have enough to work with on this current Rams team?

I don't follow the Rams closely enough btw outside of knowing how puke they have been and yes despite puke qualities it's week 1 in their house so it's nerve wracking.

My hunch has been the Colts win a close ugly week 1 game. But if Luck is not there or he looks rusty as hell week 1 then I don't know........

They finished in the top 10. 

10th against the pass, 16th against the rush. 

Their main problem on defense was turnovers and sacks, ranking 24th in sacks and at 28th in turnovers. 

A decent defensive unit hidden in terms of value thanks to a horrible offense that couldn't do anything. The Rams defense was effective enough to keep them in close games in 5 of their 12 losses. 

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If Luck actually misses around 6 games this season, that might as well be the nail in the coffin for Pagano's tenure in Indy after this season. They would most likely miss the playoffs for a 3rd straight year.

And why would it be Pagano's fault?

Why should he take the fall for that?

19 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Even if he don't miss 3 games, these DC's are famous for heavy blitzes and they could easily injure him. 

Thats what I am afraid of too, that he could get hurt again. It's going to be nerve wracking. :pokerface:

I don't think Andrew Luck's discussions this week sound anything like he thinks he'll miss 6 games. His comments about not getting too upset lead me to this belief. He sounded nothing like someone who had recent setbacks. I'd bet barring future injury he would start the season active. 

5 minutes ago, bleevit said:

I don't think Andrew Luck's discussions this week sound anything like he thinks he'll miss 6 games. His comments about not getting too upset lead me to this belief. He sounded nothing like someone who had recent setbacks. I'd bet barring future injury he would start the season active. 

He is on lots of painkillers and happy pills so thats why he sounds the way he does. He is clearly drugged up and high. He doesn't know what he is saying right now.

Just kidding btw.

But at this point it's best to have this thread go full steam ahead into DOOOOM land. lmao 

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

He is on lots of painkillers and happy pills so thats why he sounds the way he does. He is clearly drugged up and high. He doesn't know what he is saying right now.

Just kidding btw.

But at this point it's best to have this thread go full steam ahead into DOOOOM land. lmao 

We are screwed, where's Hass at when you need him :sarcasm:

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

I remember hearing someone speculate Manning would miss the entire season. It was an article I read via Bleacher Report. That season we also didn’t know Manning had two surgeries. 

What happened is he had surgery in May, rehabbed, came off PUP during camp and started practicing. He started experiencing more pain, and they decided in September to do the spinal fusion. The hope all along was that he'd be ready for the start of the season. It wasn't until the fusion that they knew he wouldn't. 

To imply that the team hid Manning's second operation until some reporter finally broke the story is entirely false.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

What happened is he had surgery in May, rehabbed, came off PUP during camp and started practicing. He started experiencing more pain, and they decided in September to do the spinal fusion. The hope all along was that he'd be ready for the start of the season. It wasn't until the fusion that they knew he wouldn't. 

To imply that the team hid Manning's second operation until some reporter finally broke the story is entirely false.

Why in God's green earth would the Colts place him on the season opening PUP ? If there were any chance at all they thought he could play in game 4 or even game 5 , they would not place him on this list save a roster spot. IMO , Jason La Confora did a horrible job reporting something as unlikely as this.

23 minutes ago, Jules said:

Just kidding btw.

Maybe we can call Charlie Whitehurst up. :thmup:

38 minutes ago, Jules said:

Just kidding btw.

Already has for some.haha

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about Orlovsky? haha. Ok that wasn't funny because you top me with Painter.

We go after Kevin Love to play QB and tell him to leave the NBA since they can't beat the Warriors.

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understrand that.....    glad that you do too....

Was just curious about my friend B Proland and his view....   

My argument is basically what life long said. Another poor season from Pagano and Ballard will have a good opportunity to bring in his own HC. 

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

We go after Kevin Love to play QB and tell him to leave the NBA since they can't beat the Warriors.

I dont see anyone doing it but I would love to see the Warriors lose next season. OKC has the best shot IMO with Westbrook, PG, Adams, and Kanter. If LeBron joined OKC that would be a Superteam but it cant happen until 2019

27 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Why in God's green earth would the Colts place him on the season opening PUP ? If there were any chance at all they thought he could play in game 4 or even game 5 , they would not place him on this list save a roster spot. IMO , Jason La Confora did a horrible job reporting something as unlikely as this.

La Canfora just said some sensationalist nonsense for clicks. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hell the Pacers should've just took Kevin Love for PG. He is a Very Good player. Was Great in Minny.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I dont see anyone doing it but I would love to see the Warriors lose next season. OKC has the best shot IMO with Westbrook, PG, Adams, and Kanter. If LeBron joined OKC that would be a Superteam but it cant happen until 2019

Oh my Gawd here we go again, NBA in a thread about our doomed beaten down and broken up in a million pieces poor Andrew Luck. lmao We are addicts with the NBA at times, I try to move on from it myself and somehow I am thinking about Kevin Love right now in a Luck thread.:lol:

Okay sorry guys we won't delve into the NBA more and go OT. (but I agree I would have taken Love on the Pacers AND yes please to someone/anyone beating the Warriors.)

ANDREW. Get healthy. Be back soon. We need you. Bad. 

Hopefully Luck is OK and just doing his normal rehab thing and will be back on schedule and is on schedule. Problem is with this franchise a player on schedule to play could mean anything from "he really is close to playing or "he is close to death."

I remember Marvin Harrison in 2007. When he went down I think Polian said like every week "Marvin is close to returning."

Chances are Luck should be OK. Right? I mean he is a big healthy young man........

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Oh my Gawd here we go again, NBA in a thread about our doomed beaten down and broken up in a million pieces poor Andrew Luck. lmao We are addicts with the NBA at times, I try to move on from it myself and somehow I am thinking about Kevin Love right now in a Luck thread.:lol:

Okay sorry guys we won't delve into the NBA more and go OT. (but I agree I would have taken Love on the Pacers AND yes please to someone/anyone beating the Warriors.)

ANDREW. Get healthy. Be back soon. We need you. Bad. 

Hopefully Luck is OK and just doing his normal rehab thing and will be back on schedule and is on schedule. Problem is with this franchise a player on schedule to play could mean anything from "he really is close to playing or "he is close to death."

I remember Marvin Harrison in 2007. When he went down I think Polian said like every week "Marvin is close to returning."

Chances are Luck should be OK. Right? I mean he is a big healthy young man........

Yeah here we go again, that was a Whitesnake wasn't it? Everyone knows Andrew is our main concern. I am even getting a little worried that he may miss opening day.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah here we go again, that was a Whitesnake wasn't it? Everyone knows Andrew is our main concern. I am even getting a little worried that he may miss opening day.

Yeah that was the old Whitesnake song with the woman dancing on the car. lmao Hilariously I used to even think of that song for the Colts cause of the line "here I go again on my own" as if our QBs are often seriously ON THEIR OWN.

lmao 

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Maybe the D can actually win a game or two???  *If he does miss some time.  Is that asking for too much???!!!!

Thats my latest argument, if the D can't show up week 1 against maybe the worst offensive team in the league in the Rams then what the hell. 

The early season schedule is not loaded with any sort of power offenses for us to play against. 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Thats my latest argument, if the D can't show up week 1 against maybe the worst offensive team in the league in the Rams then what the hell. 

The early season schedule is not loaded with any sort of power offenses for us to play against. 

Yep, cant always be a 1 man team. If we are actually any good at all, we should beat Rams with Defense and Running game.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The huge key to remember is if we maintain without Luck, lets say he misses 4 games and we are 2-2, we get him back so we have hope to do big things still. Patience

Yeah, hopefully this is just stir the pot material and no one but Luck and co really knows if he will play or not.

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah, hopefully this is just stir the pot material and no one but Luck and co really knows if he will play or not.

I cant wait to see how our Defense is actually. Lets say Luck misses opening day, if the D steps up and we win I will feel real good at that point. As long as Luck comes back.