Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck could miss 6 games

ColtsArmy84

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a non story, non event, non sourced bunch of nonsense. 

If Luck is placed on the PUP reserve list at cutdown day, he'll miss six weeks. Other than that, any timeline regarding his return is purely speculative, at best. At worst, it's pot stirring sensationalism. 

Edit: By the way, no knock on OP, sorry if it came across that way. 

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

If Luck is placed on the PUP reserve list at cutdown day, he'll miss six weeks. Other than that, any timeline regarding his return is purely speculative, at best. At worst, it's pot stirring sensationalism. 

Agreed.  That said, it seems like any "news" we get regarding Luck's recovery is not overly optimistic (from a timeline perspective; quality of recovery seems to be on-target).

3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Agreed.  That said, it seems like any "news" we get regarding Luck's recovery is not overly optimistic (from a timeline perspective; quality of recovery seems to be on-target).

It's all been tempered and reserved. The only guy really pumping anyone up about Luck's return has been Irsay, who is a) selling tickets, and b) the furthest removed from the day to day details of Luck's recovery. But there's been no indication that anything is going wrong. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Luck miss games, but unless he has a setback, I doubt they'll PUP him, because then he can't practice at all. If he's still just not ready, they'll activate him and take it week by week. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

It's all been tempered and reserved. The only guy really pumping anyone up about Luck's return has been Irsay, who is a) selling tickets, and b) the furthest removed from the day to day details of Luck's recovery. But there's been no indication that anything is going wrong. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Luck miss games, but unless he has a setback, I doubt they'll PUP him, because then he can't practice at all. If he's still just not ready, they'll activate him and take it week by week. 

Excellent points.  In the unlikely event that the Colts *do* PUP Luck, do you think the Colts will roll with Tolzien and Morris?

Somewhere, Wade Philips, Gregg Williams, and Arians' DC are licking their chops if Luck does not play for the first 3 games.

Did you guys realize that even though it may be the Rams and Browns, we will be playing 3 aggressive DCs in the first 3 games?

39 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

If he was going to miss 6 games, they would have brought a veteran in for insurance.

That's my opinion too. I think if the front office thought he was going to miss some games they would have at least brought in a QB just in case one of our backups got hurt in camp or pre season.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Somewhere, Wade Philips, Gregg Williams, and Arians' DC are licking their chops if Luck does not play for the first 3 games.

Did you guys realize that even though it may be the Rams and Browns, we will be playing 3 aggressive DCs in the first 3 games?

Thus why I'm not understanding those who are basically booking the Rams game as a win 

This schedule is no cake walk at all. We're an average team ourselves, no one except Tennessee fears us 

11 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Thus why I'm not understanding those who are basically booking the Rams game as a win 

This schedule is no cake walk at all. We're an average team ourselves, no one except Tennessee fears us 

That's cool. But you must also know that the other coaches have a keen eye on the moves and progress that is happening.

Our team is no different with their guys watching and talking with each other about what is going on with other teams. This is the NFL, every week there is one team who rises up as an underdog and wins.

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

Excellent points.  In the unlikely event that the Colts *do* PUP Luck, do you think the Colts will roll with Tolzien and Morris?

Depends on preseason. If neither looks good, they might bring in another QB. There's also Walker, and I read he had some nice reps the first two days, but I know nothing about him. 

If Tolzien and Morris look capable -- and let's hope they do -- I think they'd roll with the two of them, and PS Walker. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Edit: By the way, no knock on OP, sorry if it came across that way. 

Considering he is throwing I don't see him missing 6 weeks I think at most first game or two if not ready.

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Considering he is throwing I don't see him missing 6 weeks I think at most first game or two if not ready.

He could be throwing Nerf balls at this point, we really don't know yet, and no one has asked. (Seriously, after Ballard said last week that he was throwing, someone should have immediately asked whether he's throwing actual footballs overhand yet. Nope.)

But assuming his throwing program progresses according to plan, he shouldn't be out for 6 weeks. 

The Colts have lied to all of us for years about player injures. We thought the same about Manning during the neck injury. We’re told he’d miss a few weeks. A writer then came out tell us the severity of the injury and that Manning would miss the entire season. So I’m not believing anything. I’m on the speculation that ALuck will miss 6 games. I’m fine with it. The way he talks during his interviews has me to believe this. The concern is all about him recovering to 100%. This surgery was done for the long term. He couldn’t even practice to get timing down last season. I’m perfectly fine with the long term process. He keeps mentioning this being a team game. Rewatch the interviews. After such we all need to have a discussion to what each individual believes.

4 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We thought the same about Manning during the neck injury. We’re told he’d miss a few weeks. A writer then came out tell us the severity of the injury and that Manning would miss the entire season.

That's not what happened.

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

Wade Phillips is going to make that defense interesting from Day 1. I think they'd destroy Tolzien. 

True. Their D will no doubt be good, but they were good even before Wade landed there. 

Outside of Gurley, they have a ton of questions on offense. 

Of course, they smoked us a few years back, but hopefully we will have a healthy Luck and a better defense than we did that game.

And this just in from the "rumblings hotline"...

When Luck misses those 6 games, Peyton has agreed to fill in at QB. With this "news" there are further rumblings that a quarterback controversy is brewing in Indy.

Also related... Matt Hasselbeck left the ESPN office early today and was spotted rumbling westward while juggling footballs singing "Here I come to save the day".

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I am well aware of the Colts' current run against the Titans, but do you honestly think fear Indy?  Respect?  Sure.  Fear?  Hard to see that.

22 minutes ago, MAJHooligan said:

"Bring me Curtis Painter!" *said like the coach from Major League*

I'll take Kapernick, not confident in Tolzien & it seems the coaches aren't confident in Morris. 

I wanna see Morris, Tolzien progression is over, he is what he is. Morris at least can develop 

I saw this story, too.

But wouldnt you have a player on the PUP list in pre-season so he wouldn't count against your numbers on cutdown days?

The logic that 'There's no other reason to place him on PUP' ...he's physically unable to perform right now.

If he's throwing a football now, he can play a month from now.

And, like James said, He can be activated and simply not play in week one if he is not ready.

We open on Sept.10..this is Aug. 1...40 days? 

I understand speculation but if he's throwing now..he can play in 40 days

2 hours ago, Superman said:

That's not what happened.

I remember hearing someone speculate Manning would miss the entire season. It was an article I read via Bleacher Report. That season we also didn’t know Manning had two surgeries. 

This or something similar is what Luck is doing under supervision of the medical team. 

http://drwaltlowe.com/media/files/page/Interval-Throwing-Program-Football_1.pdf

My guesstimate  is still that he'll be off the PUP and doing team drills within about 4 weeks.  That doesn't give him much time to practice the playbook throws in team drills before the first game of the season.  Not sure he gets any pre-season game action at all.  We'll see shortly enough.

I dont think Andrew Luck needs any pre-season games.

I wouldn't want to see him in the pre-season...

He's there at practice every day, this is the same offense and this is basically the same unit he played with last year..

If he can practice fully by Labor Day (still a long way off) , he can start the opener

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont think Andrew Luck needs any pre-season games.

I wouldn't want to see him in the pre-season...

He's there at practice every day, this is the same offense and this is basically the same unit he played with last year..

If he can practice fully by Labor Day (still a long way off) , he can start the opener

Since Andrew is on the Active/PUP list, he is at the facility and in team meetings.  However, he_is_not on the practice field with his Colts teammates.  It is not allowed.  Luck is on a throwing regimen (rehab protocol) under medical supervision to generate strength and stability in his shoulder.  When cleared by the medical staff, the Colts will take him off the PUP and he can then practice with the team in game plan specific drills.