Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes gets 5 year, 70 million extension

RockThatBlue

We could have had him on a rookie deal for 4 years instead of Bjoern Werner, we had the need and he had the length and man CB skills for Pagano's style of D he wanted to run. So, scheme fit was there too. 

Oh well, it is just more Grigson water under the bridge!!! :( 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

We could have had him on a rookie deal for 4 years instead of Bjoern Werner, we had the need and he had the length and man CB skills for Pagano's style of D he wanted to run. So, scheme fit was there too. 

Yeah, this one hurts, though. Rhodes was pretty much a consensus favorite. To me, this is the one time Grigson actually leaned toward need in the first round, and it burned him badly. 

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, this one hurts, though. Rhodes was pretty much a consensus favorite. To me, this is the one time Grigson actually leaned toward need in the first round, and it burned him badly. 

Like he said after the Ryan Kelly pick that he went against his gut when he made the pick, his gut flat out stunk with first rounders not named Luck. :yuk:

3 hours ago, Superman said:

And those who didn't want Rhodes wanted D'Andre Hopkins, who, of course,  went to Houston.

Honestly,   I think of these two picks,  the other player was the back-up choice.

We would have been dramatically better off had we gone in either direction.....     Could.   Not.    Lose.

And yet,   we lost......

Oh well........    onward.....

On 7/31/2017 at 3:50 PM, chad72 said:

Like he said after the Ryan Kelly pick that he went against his gut when he made the pick, his gut flat out stunk with first rounders not named Luck. :yuk:

Technically, from the stories I read, Jim Irsay picked Luck, not Grigson. Irsay was not budging on that pick. For all we know, maybe Grigson wanted RGIII.

I remember that draft day like it was yesterday.  Staring at the TV hoping and praying that Rhodes fell to our pick.  Then the time for our pick came and I remember being so freaking excited that he was actually still on the board for our pick.  The guy I knew our team needed, I wanted us to pick him, was not a reach in any way, had a high floor and extremely high ceiling, no risk, instant starter...............and we picked Bjeorn Werner.  It was like a kick in the nuts then and feels like a stab in the back now.  

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

I remember that draft day like it was yesterday.  Staring at the TV hoping and praying that Rhodes fell to our pick.  Then the time for our pick came and I remember being so freaking excited that he was actually still on the board for our pick.  The guy I knew our team needed, I wanted us to pick him, was not a reach in any way, had a high floor and extremely high ceiling, no risk, instant starter...............and we picked Bjeorn Werner.  It was like a kick in the nuts then and feels like a stab in the back now.  

The highest of highs & lowest of lows. It happens to the best of us Kyle. Hang in there.

What's done is done. We can't rewrite history now. I'm just glad Rhodes is playing for Mike Zimmer & making Aaron Rogers think twice about launching the ball in Xavier's vicinity anyway. GB needs some competition in their division since Chicago & Detroit aren't any real threat right now. 

On 7/31/2017 at 0:11 PM, chad72 said:

Imagine if we had Rhodes and Landon Collins. Too late now but still... That could've happened.

I'm very pleased that the Vikings are resigning their valued players. Not only did we extend Rhodes, we gave Everson Griffen and Linval Joseph extensions. They are all signed through 2022. Last year, Harrison Smith got his extension. Re-signing your own players is important for continuity; so, I am very pleased.

Next comes the quarterback. Who will it be? That has me worried. 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, chad72 said:

Gotta stop going back over old drafts and playing

'woulda, shoulda'"

Every team in the NFL can do that.....its just a real criticism.

We could starts 22 all-pros is we'd just wait until a year or two after the draft and change our picks

Edited by oldunclemark