Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo Bills trade Cardale Jones to LA Chargers

RockThatBlue

It's a conditional 7th round draft pick.  Trades of this type this time of year indicate-

A. Player traded was going to be cut soon anyway

B. Receiving Team knows player was likely to be cut, but wanted the guy and not chance that a waiver or a F/A deal (depending upon player and years of service) would bring him on board with their team.

I didn't think he would ever be picked up in the first place.  Sure, he had the three monster games and a national championship but never played to that caliber again.  To me, he is not all that interesting (good).  Watched all of his games by the way.

On 7/28/2017 at 8:01 AM, BR-549 said:

I didn't think he would ever be picked up in the first place.  Sure, he had the three monster games and a national championship but never played to that caliber again.  To me, he is not all that interesting (good).  Watched all of his games by the way.

I remember all the crazy hype he was getting just a few years ago. He did have a heck of a 3 game run at OSU but that wasn't enough to justify the insane hype, IMO.

21 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I remember all the crazy hype he was getting just a few years ago. He did have a heck of a 3 game run at OSU but that wasn't enough to justify the insane hype, IMO.

Right and the following year he didn't do well at all.  Those three games were fun to watch... I thought, at the time, that he might be something special.  Huge arm, and the way he used his size to plow over people was impressive.  Then he fell off a cliff the next year, or was figured out.