Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best all-time position groups

Lucky Colts Fan

Alright, bear with me here, I've seen a few writers and analysts flirt with this idea.  The premise is "What team has the best all-time group at each position group?"

So, for example, who has the best all-time group of QBs?  Green Bay with Bart Starr, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers?  Or the Colts with Unitas, Manning, and Luck?  Or the 49ers with Montana and Young?  Or the Cowboys with Staubach, Aikman, and... Romo...?

I think the Colts rank near the top when it comes to the QB group, WR group, and pass-rusher group.  There are multiple HoFers in each group.  If you include Marshall Faulk and Eric Dickerson along with Edge, the RB group is pretty good too.  We've had some pretty good TEs as well, Mackey, Dilger, Pollard and Clark.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Of course.   I don’t think I disagree.   But I think Ballard knows his players and if/when to gamble on bringing them back.     Not sure I follow your comment about the draft behind him with Pierce be the same as pass rusher?   Can you elaborate?  
    • Last year was brutal for you?   Seriously?   Last year was one of the most enjoyable seasons of my 12+ years of Colts fandom!   A season where the Colts exceeded expectations while playing their backup quarterback.  Watching Steichen coach the heck out of this team!   A real pleasure.  Honestly.    And given the nature of how negative things are around here I’ll share a thought that I fully expect to get laughed at over… Ballard didn’t take the job over Luck.  Ballard took the job over Irsay.   I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Irsay, who had been a GM, then hired Bill Polian,  then Ryan Grigson who got exec of the year one year, then Ballard who also got executive of the year one year.   I don’t believe in coincidences like that.   Irsay knows the complexities of the job.   When Ballard took the job it wasn’t clear what was happening with Luck?   The one constant was Irsay.    Plenty of decisions were made with the trio…. Irsay, Ballard and Reich.     After the Luck retirement the Colts were in win-now mode.  They had a young team built to win and weren’t going to tell them the team was going to be in re-build mode for 2-4 years while a young quarterback learned on the job.     Things look obvious in hind sight.  The Colts plans were known in real time and they made what they felt were the only decisions that they could.   Try to win every year.  And part of the reason Ballard hasn’t been fired is that Irsay approved of those plans, he signed off on them.     Im sorry you may not watch this year.  Steichen is a really sharp guy.  Fun to watch.   I hope you’ll reconsider.   
    • Anyone interested in the #3 position, the Patriots are considering trading down.  Send me a message if you’re interested.
    • not without risking him leaving. Of course. The argument could be made that the draft behind him in Pierce could be the same situation with a pass rusher. 
    • That's cool!   I was fortunate enough to catch him on his last tour just before he passed. Great concert.
  • Members