Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unbreakable NFL Records

Lucky Colts Fan

Unbreakable NFL Records  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What NFL Record will stand the test of time?

• Brett Favre starting 297 consecutive games at QB
    • Derrick Thomas 7 sacks in one game
    • Marvin Harrison 143 receptions in one season
    • Dick Lane 14 interceptions in one season
    • Jerry Rice 22,895 career receiving yards
    • Emmitt Smith 18,355 career rushing yards
    • Other

Brady's QB win record is going to be one. Even if he falls off this year and never has another winning season. 

He's 208 all time. 2nd is Manning at 200 who beat 3rd place Favre (199) in his final game. Brady has half a season of wins ahead of 2nd place. After the top 3 the next best is Elway with 162. The best active QB right now is Ben Roethlisberger who is at 136 (meaning he'd need another 5 seasons of 16-0 and then some change to tie it, which is not happening, he'd need to virtually play another 8 or 9 years to have a shot if Brady retired today). Also you have to go down to the 76 spot with Otto Graham who only has 61 wins to find someone even close to the win percentage. So even if he retired today, it's unlikely to be broken. If he plays another 2-3 seasons it's probably out of reach forever until there is a move to an 18 game schedule. 

3 minutes ago, footballhero1 said:

Brady's QB win record is going to be one. Even if he falls off this year and never has another winning season. 

He's 208 all time. 2nd is Manning at 200 who beat 3rd place Favre (199) in his final game. Brady has half a season of wins ahead of 2nd place. After the top 3 the next best is Elway with 162. The best active QB right now is Ben Roethlisberger who is at 136 (meaning he'd need another 5 seasons of 16-0 and then some change to tie it, which is not happening, he'd need to virtually play another 8 or 9 years to have a shot if Brady retired today). Also you have to go down to the 76 spot with Otto Graham who only has 61 wins to find someone even close to the win percentage. So even if he retired today, it's unlikely to be broken. If he plays another 2-3 seasons it's probably out of reach forever until there is a move to an 18 game schedule. 

I agree, Peyton winning 200 is unreal, Tom is at 208. I doubt anyone beats that. Tom will probably add 30 or so more wins before he's done too.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

But just imagine what will happen when defenses start using 6 DBs on every down (some go 4-2-5 now)

..When you have 4 corners and 2 safeties on the field  at all time..there isn't much option but to run

Jimbo Fisher would pass. Every time. He's obviously not in the NFL yet but his trailblazers like Jay Gruden are. 

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:16 AM, AZColt11 said:

I would have to say Favre if only because most QB's won't ever even dress in almost 300 games, let alone start them consecutively.  That's insane!

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I also voted for Farve.   18+ seasons is a long time to start every game.  

While I agree with him starting almost 300 games there were quite a few of those games he had no business starting. While keeping his streak alive he actually hurt his teams chances of winning. He didn't have a coach who had the guts to bench him even though he needed it.