Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How The Draft Should Play Out

I say, don't trade the first pick or draft a qb----i know you can get a lot with that pick but look at my thought

1)Matt Kalil if we trade that first pick we will not get him. a great OL will help the colts now and in the future we would have a great young line with our draft last year I think Ben I could play G

2) Jose Chapman NT. a great fit to go with Nevis and if we keep both Frenney and Matis and good front 4--yes i know we are going 3/4 some of the time.

this is good because it will keep our older DE's around for a few more years because they will not be playing every snap

3) Nick Foles QB --not Luck but Luck is not PM either. he would be a desent backup to PM and could be good enough to be the future colts qb when PM hangs it up

4) Eddie Whitley S-- a good player that may work well with Bethea

5) Keith Tandy cb-- a desent man on man cover and can play zone

i just think Matt Kalil is the best pick that will not be a bust --not saying Luck would--but MK is a sure thing

think what PM could do behind a great OL

you're right that if we trade, we probably wouldnt be able to get Kalil...but if we did trade, we could still improve the O Line...by either having the trading team include one of their top O Linemen in the deal, or by still having Riley Reiff/Johnathan Martin/Mike Adams available in the draft as OTs and also the possibility of letting Ijalana play RT and drafting an OG with David DeCastro/Cordy Glenn/Kelechi Osemele and Kevin Zeitler available.

I do agree that we need a little more help on the O Line, but not so much that i would take an OT #1...i think with a full off season and a return to health, Castonzo will be a good LT

Castonzo off the top of my head was the best tackle taken in last years draft. I see no reason why the Colts would take MK. Also what is concerning here is you say not to draft a QB then draft one in the 3rd? Why not take Luck with #1 overall if you're going to draft a worse QB in the 3rd?

Also what makes MK a sure thing? Why not Luck?

I say, don't trade the first pick or draft a qb----i know you can get a lot with that pick but look at my thought

1)Matt Kalil if we trade that first pick we will not get him. a great OL will help the colts now and in the future we would have a great young line with our draft last year I think Ben I could play G

2) Jose Chapman NT. a great fit to go with Nevis and if we keep both Frenney and Matis and good front 4--yes i know we are going 3/4 some of the time.

this is good because it will keep our older DE's around for a few more years because they will not be playing every snap

3) Nick Foles QB --not Luck but Luck is not PM either. he would be a desent backup to PM and could be good enough to be the future colts qb when PM hangs it up

i just think Matt Kalil is the best pick that will not be a bust --not saying Luck would--but MK is a sure thing

Dude, NO!!!!! We cannot pass on Luck for a OT when we already have our LT in Costanzo. Luck is the type of QB who makes his OL look better than they are too so we dont necessarily need a Jake Long type of LT.

And Im not a fan of the rest of your draft either. We could get Chapman in the 3rd or later, and the other guys are reaches too. Would MUCH rather have Andrew Luck over Nick Foles.

Dude, NO!!!!! We cannot pass on Luck for a OT when we already have our LT in Costanzo. Luck is the type of QB who makes his OL look better than they are too so we dont necessarily need a Jake Long type of LT.

And Im not a fan of the rest of your draft either. We could get Chapman in the 3rd or later, and the other guys are reaches too. Would MUCH rather have Andrew Luck over Nick Foles.

You just completely made up that statement...

Castonzo off the top of my head was the best tackle taken in last years draft. I see no reason why the Colts would take MK. Also what is concerning here is you say not to draft a QB then draft one in the 3rd? Why not take Luck with #1 overall if you're going to draft a worse QB in the 3rd?

Also what makes MK a sure thing? Why not Luck?

I wouldn't call either player a sure thing, but they are both very good prospects.

No I actually didnt. Analysts everywhere say that Luck made his OL better than what they really were because of his mobility and awareness in the pocket.

If your going to say that Luck makes his O-line better because of how he moves around, then you've got to acknowlodge all the other quarterbacks who do that. Luck is not the only one.

No I actually didnt. Analysts everywhere say that Luck made his OL better than what they really were because of his mobility and awareness in the pocket.

did he help the o line look better while they were averaging over 200yds a game rushing, too? and they even had a game last year where they ran for 400+ yards

Chris Polian, is that you?