Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Safety past and present

Fluke_33

Who is your favorite safety?  Ok who other than bob sanders if that's the answer.  I was a big Belser fan and remember polian saying if you liked Belser you'll love sanders when he drafted him.   He was right for me but Belser was gritty.   I was really sorry to see Adams go but geathers is easy to like.  

I feel like that's been a good position for us.  QBs and safeties have been strong imo. 

If Bob is off the table, I feel like Bethea would be a great answer. Honestly, I thought what Adams gave us was above and beyond what anyone expected and he was a key point in any hope I've had in the Colts D the last few years... but I've got HUGE hopes for Hooker (And Geathers to an extent). If we end up with a high pick next year, then Darwin or Minkah, with Vontae and Quincy could give us one of the best secondaries in the league (projected).

Jason B hands down. He feared no-one that I remember. He also played at a great lvl for a decently long career. His pop was a great Db also, I believe. Also like that Cota's name has been raised, really liked his attitude/motor when he played for us. 

He never lived up to his potential (IMO), but I did not dislike watching Idrees Bashir play.

Belser was a very fun guy to watch, and so was Bethea.

Since Bob and Bethea have been gone, I've liked watching Adams and Geathers (I just hope Geathers doesn't turn out like Bob with a short career due to hitting too hard/playing with too much recklessness).

I still wish we would've gotten LaRon Landry in his prime. Antoine Bethea was a great player, always liked watching him play. I still can't forgive him for running out of gas on the field goal return attempt against the Titans though.

:sarcasm:

4 hours ago, Oldschoolcolt19 said:

Honorable mention to Mike Pryor, he had a book on Marino

Yes, Fans (like me) and the organization liked Mike Prior.  But he was a replacement player in the strike  year 1987. (he was Tampa Bay in 1985 on special teams, and out of football in 1986.) so maybe not so much popular with other players at that time.

The Colts liked what they saw so much, they kept him on the roster when the NFL Players Union returned to the playing field. He was also a good player for Green Bay, and was the defender that 'clipped' Elway and spinning him helicopter style deep in the red Zone on the Broncos epic drive to win the Super Bowl.

later.  He and Bob Sanders for me.

36 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, Fans (like me) and the organization liked Mike Prior.  But he was a replacement player in the strike  year 1987. (he was Tampa Bay in 1985 on special teams, and out of football in 1986.) so maybe not so much popular with other players at that time.

The Colts liked what they saw so much, they kept him on the roster when the NFL Players Union returned to the playing field. He was also a good player for Green Bay, and was the defender that 'clipped' Elway and spinning him helicopter style deep in the red Zone on the Broncos epic drive to win the Super Bowl.

later.  He and Bob Sanders for me.

I have a funny Mike Prior story. He had signed some things for me and my friend, who's a Packer fan offered to get my Colt helmet signed at Packers training camp after Mike joined GB. After telling him what a nice guy Prior was he was all excited....fast forward to training camp, my friend calls me and says "wow, Mike Prior was not in a good mood. He signed the helmet but was not enthusiastic and told me straight up..I'm not a Colt any more." I thanked my friend and read the Daily News and saw that Mike Prior took a huge pay cut for salary cap purposes! It had to be something. The vet minimum will do that to you.