Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Will Rise This Season?

Dark Superman

Note: This post was created simply for fun and to generate some positive vibes for the fans of this forum. Feel free to post your predictions below! Have a great week everyone! Go Colts!

- Colt-King21

Rookie Standout: I think Malek Hooker will show the world why he was picked in the top 15. I absolutely love the Marlon Mack pick and I have have a good feeling about Basham, but I feel like Hooker will see a lot more snaps over everyone we drafted (with the exception of Quincy Wilson)

Breakout Star (Offense): I want to go with the obvious and choose our franchise QB, but I wanted to pick someone not so obvious. I have a feeling that Donte Moncrief is going to explode this season.

Breakout Star (Defense) There's a lot of good choices here, but I think we finally get a healthy and motivated Henry Anderson back in 2017. I really like the pieces that Ballard brought to Indianapolis, and there's a few guys I can't wait to see what they bring to our team. But if we can get Henry Anderson back on track, I will feel a lot more confident moving forward with our defensive line.

Rookie To Watch: I see a lot of people mentioning are 7th Rd pick, Anthony Walker Jr. I haven't seen much tape on the guy and really have no idea if getting him where we did was a steal or not. A lot of people seem high on him and some even think he could end up starting at some point during the season. I can't wait to see him get on the field and play.

Expectations: I can see the Colts making some strong sides this season with a revamped roster and new GM. I'm thinking we end the season with a record around 9-7 or even 10-6 if we enter the season with a healthy Andrew Luck. I see this season as a feeling out process, where a lot of the players will establish their new roles here and begin to build chemistry together. Chris Ballard will have nearly 50 million dollars to work with next off-season and I can only hope he can bring back Davis, Mewhort and Moncrief. If all three of those guys come back, he can use the rest of the money to lure some talent to Indianapolis in free agency and of course the NFL Draft.

For the first time we drafted Andrew Luck in 2012 I feel pretty optimistic with the direction I believe this team is headed in. I think our Colts will be in great hands under CB and perhaps a new coach after this season. Chris Ballard actually made me a fan of the NFL Draft and Free Agency again. If the Colts have another strong off-season, this team could potentially make a SB run as early as 2018. Thoughts?

45 minutes ago, Colt-King21 said:

Note: This post was created simply for fun and to generate some positive vibes for the fans of this forum. Feel free to post your predictions below! Have a great week everyone! Go Colts!

- Colt-King21

Rookie Standout: I think Malek Hooker will show the world why he was picked in the top 15. I absolutely love the Marlon Mack pick and I have have a good feeling about Basham, but I feel like Hooker will see a lot more snaps over everyone we drafted (with the exception of Quincy Wilson)

Breakout Star (Offense): I want to go with the obvious and choose our franchise QB, but I wanted to pick someone not so obvious. I have a feeling that Donte Moncrief is going to explode this season.

Breakout Star (Defense) There's a lot of good choices here, but I think we finally get a healthy and motivated Henry Anderson back in 2017. I really like the pieces that Ballard brought to Indianapolis, and there's a few guys I can't wait to see what they bring to our team. But if we can get Henry Anderson back on track, I will feel a lot more confident moving forward with our defensive line.

Rookie To Watch: I see a lot of people mentioning are 7th Rd pick, Anthony Walker Jr. I haven't seen much tape on the guy and really have no idea if getting him where we did was a steal or not. A lot of people seem high on him and some even think he could end up starting at some point during the season. I can't wait to see him get on the field and play.

Expectations: I can see the Colts making some strong sides this season with a revamped roster and new GM. I'm thinking we end the season with a record around 9-7 or even 10-6 if we enter the season with a healthy Andrew Luck. I see this season as a feeling out process, where a lot of the players will establish their new roles here and begin to build chemistry together. Chris Ballard will have nearly 50 million dollars to work with next off-season and I can only hope he can bring back Davis, Mewhort and Moncrief. If all three of those guys come back, he can use the rest of the money to lure some talent to Indianapolis in free agency and of course the NFL Draft.

For the first time we drafted Andrew Luck in 2012 I feel pretty optimistic with the direction I believe this team is headed in. I think our Colts will be in great hands under CB and perhaps a new coach after this season. Chris Ballard actually made me a fan of the NFL Draft and Free Agency again. If the Colts have another strong off-season, this team could potentially make a SB run as early as 2018. Thoughts?

I don't think Anthony Walker Jr. was a 7th round pick.  I believe he was our 7th pick but in the 5th round.

On 7/17/2017 at 0:29 PM, Colt-King21 said:

- Colt-King21

I personally think that Wilson will have more of an impact on the defensive side of the ball than Hooker will this year. I hope im wrong

13 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I pick Cap Space as my pick for who will rise. Cap is a key player in our plans & I like him a lot. Here's a picture of him now, I'm hoping he rises up by the end of the season :)

Is this accurate? I thought the Titans have more space than us next offseason?

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Is this accurate? I thought the Titans have more space than us next offseason?

That doesn't take into account cap rollover from 2017, and it doesn't project any cap increase in 2018, so it's basically useless. Based on each team's 2017 cap standing today, assuming they both roll forward all unused cap space, and assuming next year's cap goes up about 7% to $178m, the Titans would have ~$63m cap space in 2018, and the Colts would have ~$75m. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

All these numbers will change as the season progresses. 

On 7/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, Superman said:

That doesn't take into account cap rollover from 2017, and it doesn't project any cap increase in 2018, so it's basically useless. Based on each team's 2017 cap standing today, assuming they both roll forward all unused cap space, and assuming next year's cap goes up about 7% to $178m, the Titans would have ~$63m cap space in 2018, and the Colts would have ~$75m. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

All these numbers will change as the season progresses. 

Superman. Who would you like the Colts to target in either the Draft or Free Agency (or both) next off-season at the Cornerback position?

On 7/19/2017 at 3:52 AM, akcolt said:

Rookie stand out: Q Wilson 

Breakout Offense: Clark 

Breakout Defense: Simon

Rookie to watch: Stewart  

Rso: hooker - I'm believing the hype!

bo: I agree with Clark but think Luck will show what he really can do and will be in serious MVP discussion 

bd: tough one as the d needs to gel.  I'm going vontae 

rtw: I'm really excited to see marlon Mack 

mist improved from last year to this: Chester rogers