Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ezekiel Elliott

oldunclemark

3 hours ago, Synthetic said:

That's on Goodell being the clown commissioner he is. If he wanted to suspend Elliot, he should've did it last year when the incident was first reported. 

Goddell is the law in a lawless land.

I don't know if there's a statute of limitations but is this the drunk driving incident?

Edited by oldunclemark

4 hours ago, Synthetic said:

That's on Goodell being the clown commissioner he is. If he wanted to suspend Elliot, he should've did it last year when the incident was first reported. 

You have to wait until the case plays out obviously.   This isn't a unique case

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Goddell is the law in a lawless land.

I don't know if there's a statute of limitations but is this the drunk driving incident?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday that Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is bracing for a "short suspension" stemming from an investigation into a 2016 domestic violence allegation.

Schefter added that the NFL's inquest isn't completed but that it is nearing the latter stages.

9 hours ago, Synthetic said:

What you need to understand is Goodell is the face and the mouth of the NFL owners. He gets paid very well to take the heat from fans like you and the media who what to point a finger at.

Goodell makes no decisions without the majority owners say so.

He is good at his job in the owners eyes because he does what they want him to do and makes them tons of money. If you think he runs the NFL follow the money and the real answer will come to you.

I honestly wish DeflateGate would've never happened. Ever since that has happened the media makes snide remarks toward the Colts organization and the way they act they want us to fail. Elliott Harrison is a huge face of the NFL Channel and he just disses all the time so is Heath Evans. The Colts get no calls either, they gain 10-20 yards on a Gore run or a Luck to TY pass and it gets called back on a bogus hold that the Patriots or Steelers would get away with. When they show a replay it's not even a penalty lmao. I have seen this a lot. We weren't the one's that cheated but yet because we reported something and the commissioner took it court we get curb stomped over it. Just freakin ridiculous. If I was Andrew Luck I would retire and just read books on an ocean somewhere, Baseball is the best sport by far IMO.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What you need to understand is Goodell is the face and the mouth of the NFL owners. He gets paid very well to take the heat from fans like you and the media who what to point a finger at.

Goodell makes no decisions without the majority owners say so.

He is good at his job in the owners eyes because he does what they want him to do and makes them tons of money. If you think he runs the NFL follow the money and the real answer will come to you.

Yes and no..

Goddell doesn't suspend people....The discliplinary officer does.

Goddell handles appeals, I believe....

But I agree..owners want players suspended for what ever wrong doing.

That;s why its in the basic agreement...

Fans and media want a scapegoat..so its all good

Goddell takes the heat....That's what hes paid (extremely well) for.

..and as long as he keeps cutting deals to make the owners money. Its a win win.,

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:29 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see a strike coming soon, just a hunch

Judging from what I saw this past weekend on this subject on Mike & Mike a strike has zero chance of happening. One reason given was the last strike when they simply replaced striking players as easy as buying a new dog.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Judging from what I saw this past weekend on this subject on Mike & Mike a strike has zero chance of happening. One reason given was the last strike when they simply replaced striking players as easy as buying a new dog.

Oh I hope I am wrong, Sundays without Football would stink.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Yeah,  the game suffered greatly.  That's how the players got their demands met.  Free agency was born after that strike

One of the reasons given for the "no strike" idea was unlike basketball where the players presence is only a few feet away and you can see their faces in football all you see is the uniforms and from far away and to a point I agree. Even Richard Sherman said there is no chance for a strike. The immense power of the owners was brought up more than once. The Cowboys are valued at 4.1 billion last I read.

You won't see a strike for this reason.

1. The players you would need to strike are the stars who are already making money and will have long careers.

2. The players that benefit from a strike the most are the mid and lower tier players who can't afford to miss out on pay when they might only get 5 years in the league or sustained lower contract. 

So so even if you have a lightning in the bottle situation where a player like Tom Brady might be willing to get other stars on board so they could check Goodell's power, the lower guys who can't afford to miss pay would just kill it anyways. 

In the NBA you have less players making more money. It's easier for Lebron to make noise and get everyone else on board. 

On 7/15/2017 at 5:31 PM, Synthetic said:

When has the NFL EVER taken action when an incident was first reported?  they have always waited to let the legal process play out first.  

On 7/16/2017 at 0:16 PM, oldunclemark said:

Yes and no..

Goddell doesn't suspend people....The discliplinary officer does.

Goddell handles appeals, I believe....

But I agree..owners want players suspended for what ever wrong doing.

That;s why its in the basic agreement...

Fans and media want a scapegoat..so its all good

Goddell takes the heat....That's what hes paid (extremely well) for.

..and as long as he keeps cutting deals to make the owners money. Its a win win.,

I'm not even sure why fans boo him all the time.  Are NFL fans seriously upset that players who act up off the field get suspensions?  

Don't know how Goodell became the bad guy in most fan's minds.  

But you are right, he's there because the owners want him there and he answers to the owners collectively.  In their eyes he's doing a good job.

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm not even sure why fans boo him all the time.  Are NFL fans seriously upset that players who act up off the field get suspensions?  

As sad as it is...yes, a lot of NFL fans are of the mindset that "as long as he plays for my team and helps us win then he can do whatever he wants"

5 hours ago, J@son said:

When has the NFL EVER taken action when an incident was first reported?  they have always waited to let the legal process play out first.  

Or, completed their own investigation aside form the legal process and carried out punishment based upon that determination the personnel conduct policy had been violated, even if the legal process lets the guy off the hook in some fashion.

How many "incidents" will Elliott create before he gets suspended. It may be the NFL has another head case whose life could be wonderful but instead a small brain will lead him in another if not, opposite direction. Children should be disciplined at a young age not when they are in their 20's.

20 hours ago, King Colt said:

How many "incidents" will Elliott create before he gets suspended. It may be the NFL has another head case whose life could be wonderful but instead a small brain will lead him in another if not, opposite direction. Children should be disciplined at a young age not when they are in their 20's.

Just seen that two. Kid best snap out of it or he's gonna blow his chances

Heard this today on the radio- the tape of the bar incident has been erased. Not one witness is talking and the guy that got whacked is no where to be found. So the logical conclusion : The bar owner is a Cowboys fan. The patrons that witnessed it were told by the bar owner "You saw nothing"!. The guy that got hit or whatever recently made a large deposit to his savings account. "How bout them Cowboys!