Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucas Oil Stadium

TKnight24

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Are you unable to watch the Colts games?

Im out in seattle and usually listen to the 1070 the fan broadcast. Dont feel like playing for the sunday ticket lol. I like the way bob and jim call the games though

21 hours ago, buccolts said:

Cool...........what does it mean? 

Lol..exactly what I said

WOW...wait what??

Here's a quick sample of it I found..

This will undoubtedly get fans to lose there minds on a play where we get robbed, you'll get to see the robbery from every angle :D

21 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Are you unable to watch the Colts games?

I actually get a niece or nephew to "gift" me a student ID so I can get Sunday Ticket, but I'm running out of relatives still in college, lol.  After next year I don't have anyone in college, and I'm not one to lie about stuff like that, so...

22 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

This is going to be pretty neat.  Now we just have to get the games on national TV for those of us not in Indy.

Beautifully stated MB-CF! 

As a displaced Colts fan from the Midwest myself, I wish those of us not living in INDY could see more blue horseshoe games on regular broadcast TV like CBS etc. etc. I might not have NFL Sunday Ticket much longer & that's really gonna bum me out going to a sports bar. I'll adapt I guess. 

I agree 1000% with everything you said my man. Preach my brother! 

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I actually get a niece or nephew to "gift" me a student ID so I can get Sunday Ticket, but I'm running out of relatives still in college, lol.  After next year I don't have anyone in college, and I'm not one to lie about stuff like that, so...

That's actually very innovative on your part MB-CF. Good luck finding another student once your relative graduates my friend. 

That's the 1 thing that irritates about DirectTV all the operators, once you finally get to a person on the phone, wanna rave about all the devices you can watch their programming on. No, I don't have a cell phone or a laptop. I just wanna watch football on my regular 32 inch TV. I must be getting old. Whenever the satellite gets interference from thick snow or heavy rain & nothing comes in, the operator always says can you watch it on another device? Look lady, I'm paying your company good money to watch what I want on TV. I'm not a teenager obsessed with technological devices like some kind of umbilical cord. Sigh. 

I do have an iMAC desktop computer, but I refuse to watch games on that. End rant. haha

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Lol..exactly what I said

WOW...wait what??

Here's a quick sample of it I found..

This will undoubtedly get fans to lose there minds on a play where we get robbed, you'll get to see the robbery from every angle :D

Lin D;

I'm missing the WOW-ness of this. There's 8-10 cameras at every NFL game alrerady , right?

Most plays get replayed 3 times already..

This seems like a movie-making tool.  Great for IU and students learning. Wow for them

But how it helps watching football??...I guess I'll just have to see when the season starts

Sometimes just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

That's actually very innovative on your part MB-CF. Good luck finding another student once your relative graduates my friend. 

That's the 1 thing that irritates about DirectTV all the operators, once you finally get to a person on the phone, wanna rave about all the devices you can watch their programming on. No, I don't have a cell phone or a laptop. I just wanna watch football on my regular 32 inch TV. I must be getting old. Whenever the satellite gets interference from thick snow or heavy rain & nothing comes in, the operator always says can you watch it on another device? Look lady, I'm paying your company good money to watch what I want on TV. I'm not a teenager obsessed with technological devices like some kind of umbilical cord. Sigh. 

I do have an iMAC desktop computer, but I refuse to watch games on that. End rant. haha

I hear you, my friend.  I definitely hear ya'.  My #1 reason for not paying out for Dish is the interference issues due to weather.  If I'm paying for quality service I want quality service, not mother nature's interference.

The only thing I might suggest is getting a Roku device and watching it on there using your Sunday Ticket login.  That's how I do it.  That or hooking up your IMAC's HDMI to your TV - if they exist.  That's how I used to do it via my PC.

Hope it gets better for you in either case.  Not many things more frustrating than watching the game on my phone.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Lol thing is without those devices there wouldn't be a lot of people talking in these message boards. I'm always away from home when I'm reading the forums. 

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Lol thing is without those devices there wouldn't be a lot of people talking in these message boards. I'm always away from home when I'm reading the forums. 

That's perfectly fine NM. Whatever works for you is great. My only issue was with DirectTV thinking that all their customers want to watch programming on other devices. I like my football on TV not on a computer or other devices. To each his/her own I guess. 

On 7/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

This is going to be pretty neat.  Now we just have to get the games on national TV for those of us not in Indy.

I just got the Amazon Firestick & Kodi which allows you to get Colts games streaming through the Sorts devil  app. From what I read, as of right now, it's perfectly legal. You would need internet access and a tv with HDMI input. Here's a link http://firestick.io/what-does-a-jailbroken-firestick-do-and-are-they-legal/

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I just got the Amazon Firestick & Kodi which allows you to get Colts games streaming through the Sorts devil  app. From what I read, as of right now, it's perfectly legal. You would need internet access and a tv with HDMI input. Here's a link http://firestick.io/what-does-a-jailbroken-firestick-do-and-are-they-legal/

Thanks for that, coltsfeva.  I may have to look into that.

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

That's perfectly fine NM. Whatever works for you is great. My only issue was with DirectTV thinking that all their customers want to watch programming on other devices. I like my football on TV not on a computer or other devices. To each his/her own I guess. 

Oh I understand. I like mine on tv too, I just meant the forums is all. I didn't take offense or anything.

On 7/16/2017 at 2:25 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

Thanks for that, coltsfeva.  I may have to look into that.

Since I first posted this, I was informed that it probably isn't legal. (See moderators response to my topic Legal way to watch Colts games?) My intentions were not to promote piracy.

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Since I first posted this, I was informed that it probably isn't legal. (See moderators response to my topic Legal way to watch Colts games?) My intentions were not to promote piracy.

Coolness.  I try to stay away from the piracy things, so thanks for the heads up.

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2017 at 6:29 PM, coltsfeva said:

I don't think it is legal. We can install Kodi on Fire Stick and that is surely legal - https://www.firesticktricks.com/jailbreak-fire-stick-illegal.html

But it is not legal to stream illegally. Sports Devil is an illegal addon as far as I could research

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/05/kodi-fully-loaded-boxes-are-they-legal/

the legal ones are paid

https://thehightechsociety.com/sportsdevil-legal-overview-online-sports-streaming/