Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone on the team with a mean streak?

rock8591

Is there a single player on the team that other players and teams fear? Not just respect, but fear. e.g. someone like Richie Incognito, Ndamukong Suh, or Sheldon Richardson?

Not talking about criminal thugs like Aaron Hernandez, but football is a physical sport, and with it needs certain temperaments that don't exist in sports like Tennis, Soccer, or Bowling. For once, I'd love to see one of our O-Lineman injure another player intentionally, so they think twice about being rough on Luck.

The only players we have that are remotely like that are Clayton Geathers and Antonio Morrison at this point, and Erik Walden previously.

The bengals have several guys like that and their penalties have hurt the team

The three you listed at the top have mostly been on medicore or bad teams and none of them have won much of anything

I dont think geathers is like that either but walden was

I don't EVER want to see one of our guys intentionally injure anyone.  That's not good football.  Vengeance and dirty play only leads to more of it.  I would lose a lot of respect for that player.

Smashmouth football is cool, but just say "no" to intentional injuring someone.

Just my opinion.

53 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I don't EVER want to see one of our guys intentionally injure anyone.  That's not good football.  Vengeance and dirty play only leads to more of it.  I would lose a lot of respect for that player.

Smashmouth football is cool, but just say "no" to intentional injuring someone.

Just my opinion.

I second this.  If one of our players intentionally injured another player I hope Ballard shows him the door.

Having a mean streak if fine, being a goon is not.  These players have families and lives outside of a game that so many of us take way too seriously at times.  

I wouldn't want an opposing player to intentionally hurt one of ours, so I sure don't want one of ours doing it to them.  Nobody should want that reputation, imo.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, rock8591 said:

Is there a single player on the team that other players and teams fear? Not just respect, but fear. e.g. someone like Richie Incognito, Ndamukong Suh, or Sheldon Richardson?

Not talking about criminal thugs like Aaron Hernandez, but football is a physical sport, and with it needs certain temperaments that don't exist in sports like Tennis, Soccer, or Bowling. For once, I'd love to see one of our O-Lineman injure another player intentionally, so they think twice about being rough on Luck.

The only players we have that are remotely like that are Clayton Geathers and Antonio Morrison at this point, and Erik Walden previously.

Wow... So much for sportsmanship and respect for the game huh?  This might be the dumbest statement I've ever read.  :scorebad:

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, rock8591 said:

What I would love to see is you go away.

45 minutes ago, CptHooligan said:

Wow... So much for sportsmanship and respect for the game huh?  This might be the dumbest statement I've ever read.  :scorebad:

Only injure players who intentionally play dirty.

e.g.

If he or any other player does something like that when we play then, then they need to be struck by lightning 100%.

On 2017. 07. 13. at 2:44 AM, rock8591 said:

Wow, I coulnd't imagine I will ever read such a comment from a fan. 

Football is a game, not war. And it is for a reason. In my book, in football, if you are good enough, you should be able to do your job without playing dirty. If you can't block your opponent without wanting him hurt, you are just not good enough. You don't belong there. Whenever a lineman looses a battle to a rusher, I don't want him to think "gosh, I can't block this guy, so I have to hurt him", because that's the mindset of a looser. I want him to think "gosh, I can't block this guy, so I have to go back and work even more on my footwork, technic, conditioning, whatever". Push yourself to or even beyond your limits, that's the mindset of a sportsman.

8 hours ago, rock8591 said:

e.g.

If he or any other player does something like that when we play then, then they need to be struck by lightning 100%.

You have already put your foot in your mouth and coming up with this does not make yourself look or seem like you know what sportsmanship is.

We all know that football is a violent game played within the rules. For you to suggest a player go outside the rules with the intention to hurt another player just shows a lot about your personality. I really cant say what needs to be said to you because I don't want to be banned out of this forum.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, rock8591 said:

For once, I'd love to see one of our O-Lineman injure another player intentionally, so they think twice about being rough on Luck.

I don't support intentionally physically assaulting someone, but I am OK with TY intentionally breaking ankles without ever laying a finger on anyone.

Image result for ty hilton one on one gif

In terms of toughness, what do I want? 

On offense - an OL who can pancake and hold his blocks with a mean streak that is obvious to everyone he plays. A WR or RB or TE who takes a hit from a defender, hangs on to the ball and gets up for a big first down. 

A defense who holds the pass catcher or RB upright and strips the ball on to the field, a defense that makes someone pay in the right way for going across the field, a defense who steps it up on key situations however they have to. 

You do these things consistently, respect for your toughness is obtained automatically. Injuries are a part of football, so an extra effort resulting in an ankle twist is not as dirty as a helmet-to-helmet or intentional stomping. Play for 60 minutes, play smart and tough but no need to be dirty to get respect, IMO. 

On 7/13/2017 at 9:42 PM, rock8591 said:

e.g.

Just when I thought this post couldn't get any more ludicrous... So, you'd rather our players take cheap shots, get thrown out of the game/ suspended instead of ACTUALLY playing the game well and proving their worth out on the field?  Got it.  :wall:

On 7/13/2017 at 2:44 AM, rock8591 said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

As almost everyone has pointed out, the premise of this thread has no place within the Colts franchise, or in the NFL in general...

The league needs more Merle Olsens & fewer Bill Romonowskis