Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly

TKnight24

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

:colts:

How did he not make the pro bowl then? I feel like so many of the voters get a sour taste in their mouth when they think about acknowledging any of the OL players for the Colts, due to their recent struggles. Which isn't fair to the young talent Indy now has on the OL. 

32 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

How did he not make the pro bowl then? I feel like so many of the voters get a sour taste in their mouth when they think about acknowledging any of the OL players for the Colts, due to their recent struggles. Which isn't fair to the young talent Indy now has on the OL. 

Media controls the masses. NFL network, ESPN, FS1 or whoever can't talk about the Colts without saying our offensive line stinks and Luck gets hit/sacked every play 

You know, a lot of people (even Colts fans) didn't know that over the last 7 weeks of this past season, Andrew Luck was the 5th least sacked QB 

Not only is 0 sacks in 16 games impressive in itself, but this was done by a rookie.  I'm sure opposing defensive coordinators thought a rookie center would get easily overwhelmed and tried to send a lot of heat up the middle.  I don't know how many A-gap blitzes we faced, but I'm sure it had to have been a decent amount.  Can't wait to see how he does in the near future

The center historically is not a position that gives up  too many sacks. 1-2 a season seems to me the league average. I like Kelly, and think he is going to be special, but too much is going into thd no sack stat. 

Media controls the masses. NFL network, ESPN, FS1 or whoever can't talk about the Colts without saying our offensive line stinks and Luck gets hit/sacked every play 

You know, a lot of people (even Colts fans) didn't know that over the last 7 weeks of this past season, Andrew Luck was the 5th least sacked QB 

Talk about double standards with the damn media. Super glad I don't watch or listen to them. 

Kelly had his bad plays. Not giving up a sack isn't something a blocker can own entirely, especially when the QB can escape pressure like Luck can. I just watched Kelly give up a bad pressure on a critical drive in the Chiefs game.

That said, he's obviously very good, and hopefully he continues to get better and blocks for Luck for a long time. 

This is true..

National media cant watch every team...so they get caught up in general perceptions

..and they hang onto them even after they get old.

It'll be midseason before people who don't watch us closely see our current strengths and weaknesses and not the ones we had the last time they paid close attention

4 hours ago, bananabucket said:

I won't hear a good word said about the man.  We all wanted Kelly.

No.     We ALL didn't.

There were many who argued that you shouldn't take a center in the first round.    And there were those who wanted Whitehair in the 2nd round.     Or the center from Notre Dame who went to Houston.

There were lots of folks on this website who didn't want Kelly,   especially in the 1st round.

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.     We ALL didn't.

There were many who argued that you shouldn't take a center in the first round.    And there were those who wanted Whitehair in the 2nd round.     Or the center from Notre Dame who went to Houston.

There were lots of folks on this website who didn't want Kelly,   especially in the 1st round.

hardly anyone said kelly was their first (realistic) choice

i wasnt super excited myself, but i grew to like him pretty fast.  also in hindsight no one jumps of the page and screams they would have been a better choice.  the only pro bowlers were dak, howard and hill, none of which would have made sense for us at that pick

On 7/12/2017 at 6:22 PM, Track Guy said:

He was a really nice addition to our O-line. We're going to be relying pretty heavily on a couple of young, unproven guys on the right side holding up well this season. If they do, we will have a really good offense. 

I also think that we have some decent depth with Schwenke, Goode and Banner. Having 2 proven NFL players as backups along with that gigantic rookie should help a lot when the inevitable dings occur throughout the season. 

9 hours ago, bleevit said:

I also think that we have some decent depth with Schwenke, Goode and Banner. Having 2 proven NFL players as backups along with that gigantic rookie should help a lot when the inevitable dings occur throughout the season. 

Goalline formation - Goode and Banner at TE, Grover Stewart at FB. The 3 folks should be able to push 11 defenders out of the stadium.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:04 AM, bleevit said:

Banner isn't good depth. He can only play one position. For that reason I would be surprised if he made the 53 man. We want back up's who can play multiple spots. Schwenke G/C Good G/T and Vunjovich G/T are the OLineman I think round out the roster. 2 of the 3 can play RT. 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Banner isn't good depth. He can only play one position. For that reason I would be surprised if he made the 53 man. We want back up's who can play multiple spots. Schwenke G/C Good G/T and Vunjovich G/T are the OLineman I think round out the roster. 2 of the 3 can play RT. 

With the lack of depth at tackle I think he makes it.