Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Cheating???

indyagent17

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I saw this yesterday.. I'm surprised it took this long for a thread to be started lol

this freaking guy bashed the colts..http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/07/04/former-colts-lineman-admits-to-salacious-cheating-scheme-to-help-peyton-manning/

just salty of the deflatgate

lol reading that makes me want to puke -- guy's a whiny Boston fan who gets paid to write whiny Boston articles.

So if this was Peyton's rookie season, or even the year after, hearing aid technology like that (picking up specific noise and block out background noise), would almost have to require a microphone. Not sure how easy that would be to conceal while still functional.

I wonder if Glenn meant they used ear plugs on the side Manning wasn't on to help block out noise on that side.

Again, skeptical as it came from Florio.

13 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I saw this yesterday.. I'm surprised it took this long for a thread to be started lol

this freaking guy bashed the colts..http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/07/04/former-colts-lineman-admits-to-salacious-cheating-scheme-to-help-peyton-manning/

just salty of the deflatgate

I got into it on Twitter yesterday with a couple of salty Pats fans that were saying Luck should be suspended for the first 4 games. My reply was something along the lines of "In 1998, Andrew Luck was 9 years old and lived in Germany, are you high?"

After realizing how stupid they sounded by suggesting a suspension, they made a couple jokes about our banner and the suck for Luck nonsense, then it was over. Overall I feel like I got off pretty easy, that's fairly mellow when it comes to heated Twitter exchanges with Pats fans.

So wait a minute. . . the entire offense is walking on to the field with electronic devices in their ears on national television...

The cameras never notice this.  The refs never notice this.  The other team never notices this.  

Sure it might not be easy to see with the helmet on, but take the helmet off and it's in your ear and should be obvious.  

I'm not buying it.  

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

So wait a minute. . . the entire offense is walking on to the field with electronic devices in their ears on national television...

The cameras never notice this.  The refs never notice this.  The other team never notices this.  

Sure it might not be easy to see with the helmet on, but take the helmet off and it's in your ear and should be obvious.  

I'm not buying it.  

If you're having a hard time believing it, I was actually able to track down images from that game. Here's Manning & Glenn, clearly communicating with the aid of a hearing device.

611_img-10.jpg

Yeah wanted to post this yesterday but wasn't sure if it was really worth it to be honest.

If they really did cheat, I mean I guess you could say they probably deserved a punishment.

But like, are you gonna really levy a fine or suspension on the team 19 years after something happened? Nah.

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah wanted to post this yesterday but wasn't sure if it was really worth it to be honest.

If they really did cheat, I mean I guess you could say they probably deserved a punishment.

But like, are you gonna really levy a fine or suspension on the team 19 years after something happened? Nah.

Suspend Manning, Jim Mora, Howard Mudd, and Tarik Glenn for the first 4 games next season. Problem solved.

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

FWIW, there was a lengthy disclaimer in the footer of the article, if you could make it past all the terrible pop-ups and spam ads...

DD56vkqWAAA-ceD.jpg

Yeah I did see this. Sir salty here. everyone gets busted for stupid stuff man. maybe the patriots who have highlighted every square inch on the rule book (to know you can "technically" play with 4 down lineman) should've known not to play with the footballs :hat: 

53 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

FWIW, there was a lengthy disclaimer in the footer of the article, if you could make it past all the terrible pop-ups and spam ads...

DD56vkqWAAA-ceD.jpg

Wow, so the Boston guy is trying to give himself a get out of jail free card to sound like a self-entitled Boston fan. I'm seeing red and puking blood; this writer's killing me.

Unless there is a story about the season we won it all, nothing is news worthy. The season we won it all which was 2006 - we didn't cheat, we didn't allegedly pipe in noise that particular season, we didn't film anyone, we didn't Deflate Balls during that season. Our Championship was 100% legit with 0 cheating which we will always have in the publics eye. That eats at certain Patriots fans because a lot of people put an asterisk next to their Championships.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If you're having a hard time believing it, I was actually able to track down images from that game. Here's Manning & Glenn, clearly communicating with the aid of a hearing device.

611_img-10.jpg

That was 1999...

Those arent nearly large enough

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

DD56vkqWAAA-ceD.jpg

Thank you for pointing that out. 

I think a lot of people completely missed the hyperbole here. "Deflategate" was ridiculous. Millions of dollars spent, reputations dragged through the mud, etc-etc, for what amounted to a barely perceptible difference in PSI in a football. Hurley was one of the Boston writers who was all over it from the very start. So reading this recent article in context, well... that probably helps. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Thank you for pointing that out. 

I think a lot of people completely missed the hyperbole here. "Deflategate" was ridiculous. Millions of dollars spent, reputations dragged through the mud, etc-etc, for what amounted to a barely perceptible difference in PSI in a football. Hurley was one of the Boston writers who was all over it from the very start. So reading this recent article in context, well... that probably helps. 

It's so funny how many of the crazies came out yesterday on Twitter to be angry about this LOL. I was actually with my really good friend who lives 2 doors down from me, DIE HARD Pats/Sox/Bruins fan, we mountain biked then grilled out and drank beer with some other friends. Over the course of 7-8 hours of the 2 of us hanging out, this didn't even come up in conversation once. The internet is a such different story altogether.

There truly must be something in the water up there.  Boston seems to breed nit-wits.  Angry, self-conscious and self-absorbed tools.

sox fans are the same as pats fans.  Nit-wits.

ignore them.

so basically you can print any drivel or falsehood as long as you have some illegible disclaimer hidden somewhere?

really good reporting.  Does he work for TMZ too?

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unless there is a story about the season we won it all, nothing is news worthy. The season we won it all which was 2006 - we didn't cheat, we didn't allegedly pipe in noise that particular season, we didn't film anyone, we didn't Deflate Balls during that season. Our Championship was 100% legit with 0 cheating which we will always have in the publics eye. That eats at certain Patriots fans because a lot of people put an asterisk next to their Championships.

Literally ALL their "championships"

Let's get real. If you're not working in the grey area trying to take advantages you're not trying to win. Even when it comes to PED's. If they're testing for it. They make new stuff to get around it. Or you take other stuff to counter. There's always ways to get that extra advantage. 

I find it hilarious that Pats fans, who have a team that has won 5 superbowls since Brady has been there, still obsess with a Colts team that has been an irrelevant 8-8 the past 2 seasons.  Tell ya what, if it was my team that had won those 5 superbowls, I'd be carefree what anybody else thought.

Anxiety runs high in Pats land apparently.

8 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I find it hilarious that Pats fans, who have a team that has won 5 superbowls since Brady has been there, still obsess with a Colts team that has been an irrelevant 8-8 the past 2 seasons.  Tell ya what, if it was my team that had won those 5 superbowls, I'd be carefree what anybody else thought.

It's because deep down they know Peyton was just as great as Brady and BB. They wont admit it but they know it. Andrew has yet to prove his worth on that level but Pats fans are very knowledgeable and they know it's a matter of time that he does. Luck still has 10 years left easily in his career, Tom maybe 2 or 3. Patience.

13 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

They also respect our franchise, they know we have been Great for the last 20 years. Colts don't have the Lombardi's they have but the Colts have been arguably the 2nd best franchise since the 2000's. I admit the Pats have been #1 in the Brady/BB era and they have the Titles to back it up but the Colts/Peyton era have been damn great as well. Even with Luck we have been Good as a whole. Already been to a Title Game.