Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning To Host And Presenter For 2017 ESPY Awards

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans!   I just saw the promo that former Colts QB legend, and likely forthcoming PFHOF inductee Peyton Manning is to host the upcoming ESPY Awards next Wednesday.  I don't know if he will be the sole primary presenter during the show, but I am sure in an award program and event like the ESPY Awards, there will be a rotation of various presenters handing out awards to the winners during the ESPY Awards.  I look forward to watching Peyton on stage, probably even wearing a tuxedo.  If any of you remember Peyton in the past hosted NBC's Saturday Night Live while he was a Colt.

They want Peyton to hand over a trophy to Brady, that is what this is all about!!! :) 

I can see him doing several roasts of Brady, Rodgers etc., should be good entertainment. Probably a good live audition for his future entertainment career, to see if he can engage beyond a commercial or few minutes of comedy roast. Knowing Peyton, he will be prepared. :) 

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

They want Peyton to hand over a trophy to Brady, that is what this is all about!!! :) 

I can see him doing several roasts of Brady, Rodgers etc., should be good entertainment. Probably a good live audition for his future entertainment career, to see if he can engage beyond a commercial or few minutes of comedy roast. Knowing Peyton, he will be prepared. :) 

He will be great

Thanks for sharing your sentiment, folks!   Just for the record, the event and ESPY Awards show is happening at the Microsoft Theatre, formerly Nokia Theatre, in Hollywood, CA., a short distance down Sunset Blvd. from the Staples Center, the L.A. Live Entertainment area, and the ESPN West Coast Studios.

Also, while ESPN, The Worldwide Leader In Sports, stands forthe  Entertainment (And) Sports Programming Network,  The ESPY Awards is the acronym  for Excellence In Sports Performance Yearly Awards. 

http://www.espn.com/espys/

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Not an Espy fan and not an ESPN fan I think I'll watch highlights of it the next day. PBS airs "The Big Pacific" at the same time which is a photogenic masterpiece.j

I personally like the Espys.  It is usually very entertaining, and it covers all sports, so it's nice to see some highlights from the year of some phenomenal athletes and what they've done both on and off the field.

On July 5, 2017 at 1:44 PM, chad72 said:

I wonder if Peyton will ask Eli if he can get a hold of an authentic Giants helmet signed by little bro for his NFL memorabilia collection? LOL! 

I love Easy E almost as much as "The Sheriff" but darn it, that would be comic gold. I know; I know. Eli probably won't say anything until the matter is resolved legally 1 way or another. 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Peyton's Super Bowl Party was pretty funny...

Not sure everybody there got the joke....but football fans had to love that

Hilarious.  He's doing a Super job.

I was just chatting with Jvan on a different site about the Super Bowl skit.  Loved it.

Wow did he burn Durant BAD. This makes my summer now. lmao I didn't see it live though.

Gotta admit........come on Durant.......don't look so mad. lmao  It is what it is we know what you did. lmao Gotta take a joke. But also mentioning Westbrook.........:lol: 

hahahaha their faces. Thank you Peyton. lmao 

"I don't think you would start for that team Kevin." lmaolmaolmao 

Gotta admit watching some of this over Peyton is still hilarious with this stuff. I knew he was hilarious when on SNL but I missed it tonight sadly. Will have to watch it online sometime over.

57 minutes ago, Jules said:

Wow did he burn Durant BAD. This makes my summer now. lmao I didn't see it live though.

Gotta admit........come on Durant.......don't look so mad. lmao  It is what it is we know what you did. lmao Gotta take a joke. But also mentioning Westbrook.........:lol: 

hahahaha their faces. Thank you Peyton. lmao 

"I don't think you would start for that team Kevin." lmaolmaolmao 

Gotta admit watching some of this over Peyton is still hilarious with this stuff. I knew he was hilarious when on SNL but I missed it tonight sadly. Will have to watch it online sometime over.

I didn't see it live either but was at work. Just go to YouTube and it shows the full opening monologue. Peyton nailed it tonight, he was the best thing that ever happened to Indianapolis sports and it's not close on my list anyway. I put Reggie Miller 2nd but Peyton won us a SB. Yeah Durant looked perplexed lmao. I think Westbrook wanted to laugh but was stunned when Peyton said what do think Russ haha 

It is very difficult to do stand up comedy....we all know that....

...you've got to to be so confident and fearless because every line wont work and every line wont make everybody happy (talkin to you, Kevin)

(and how did the duck get a front row seat?)

Watching it again........He delivers the lines so well.....and moves from joke to joke right in time..not too fast.....I knew he'd be Okay and I'm still shocked...

I know he had writers.....but live, on national TV? The timing on everything>

... way too good.

I'm shocked....I'm sure stand up comedy is not that easy

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

It is very difficult to do stand up comedy....we all know that....

...you've got to to be so confident and fearless because every line wont work and every line wont make everybody happy (talkin to you, Kevin)

(and how did the duck get a front row seat?)

Watching it again........He delivers the lines so well.....and moves from joke to joke right in time..not too fast.....I knew he'd be Okay and I'm still shocked...

I know he had writers.....but live, on national TV? The timing on everything>

... way too good.

I'm shocked....I'm sure stand up comedy is not that easy

You know he has been preparing that monologue for a long time.  

10 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I missed it too :( I only saw the durrant roast thanks to bleacher report haha. Durrant didn't crack a smile once.. his mom was like come on lighten up. LOL too funny.

can I watch on youtube?

I posted a link  a few comments above.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I missed it too :( I only saw the durrant roast thanks to bleacher report haha. Durrant didn't crack a smile once.. his mom was like come on lighten up. LOL too funny.

can I watch on youtube?

Yeah the whole thing is on YouTube but Gramz also Posted a link above with his opening monologue.

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

can I watch on youtube?

I think Duran'ts mom has become as famous now as Kevin.