Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advice

CR91

So I am doing a 10 team league this year (happy @jvan1973) and this is the draft I keep getting so let me know what you think

QB-Wilson, Carr

RB-Freeman, Fournette, Cook, Blount

WR-Landry, Cooks, Hill, Moncrief, Gabriel

TE-Bennett, Doyle

D-Broncos, Chiefs

K-Bryant

Please move mods 

13 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Who was your first round pick? Honestly I would stay away from Freeman. I just don't like have split workloads between RBs (him and Coleman)

It was freeman, but im not a fan of the other backs that are available which are murray howard ajayi and gordon, Yea freeman will lose carries to coleman, but he still had 1000 yards and 11 tds

Murray always seems to have a good season then a bad season and henry will most likely get more carries and I also think the titans will want mariota to throw more

howard is stuck on a bad team that will probably end up playing from behind more often then not

ajayi did have a good season, but that was only one season and I dont trust using my first pick on him

Gordon I wouldnt mind taking, but Id prefer freeman being in a more explosive offense.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It was freeman, but im not a fan of the other backs that are available which are murray howard ajayi and gordon, Yea freeman will lose carries to coleman, but he still had 1000 yards and 11 tds

Murray always seems to have a good season then a bad season and henry will most likely get more carries and I also think the titans will want mariota to throw more

howard is stuck on a bad team that will probably end up playing from behind more often then not

ajayi did have a good season, but that was only one season and I dont trust using my first pick on him

Gordon I wouldnt mind taking, but Id prefer freeman being in a more explosive offense.

Ya I agree with you for those same reasons. Bell might even lose some carries according to their coach. The only backs I would take in the first round are DJ, Zeke, Bell, and Gordon in that order. Gordon was a top 3-5 back until he got hurt. Now they have an improved line and offense so he could be even better. 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Is it ppr?  Who did you take with the wrap around pick in the second?

Non ppr. I took fournette. I like the potential and he'll easily get 20-25 touches

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Whoa,  No way I'm taking him that early.  I don't think he is a top 10 back.  Only because of the team he is on

Problem is if I don't take him at that spot, I won't get him at all and I already listed my issues with the other backs I can get at the same spot. Jags have enough talent to atleast still be in games where fournette will still get touches

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

Problem is if I don't take him at that spot, I won't get him at all and I already listed my issues with the other backs I can get at the same spot. Jags have enough talent to atleast still be in games where fournette will still get touches

There had to be some elite wrs still available at 11

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

There are, but then I'm stick with either Lynch or mccaffery as my two

I'm always weary of rookies early.  Elliott last year I took early because of the boys oline.  I would take an elite proven wr before any of the other backs you mentioned being available

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm always weary of rookies early.  Elliott last year I took early because of the boys oline.  I would take an elite proven wr before any of the other backs you mentioned being available

its a risk, but Id rather have fournette then lynch or mccaffery 

Alright. I'm going to be blunt because that's how it is in the Fantasy Football Advice Chat I'm a part of on Facebook is. I am not a fan of this draft at all. Fournette at 11 is much to early, Jarvis Landry is really only a viable option in PPR, and Brandin Cooks is a huge question mark. Both TEs are boom or bust, and your bench isn't very supportive. I do like both QBs you took, but in most drafts you should only take one. Also, never take multiple defenses, but I do like both which you took and think the Broncos D could be great Trade Bait as well as one of your QBs. It's a rough looking bunch, but you have a lot of trade pieces to work with! Good Luck Brother!!!

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

Alright. I'm going to be blunt because that's how it is in the Fantasy Football Advice Chat I'm a part of on Facebook is. I am not a fan of this draft at all. Fournette at 11 is much to early, Jarvis Landry is really only a viable option in PPR, and Brandin Cooks is a huge question mark. Both TEs are boom or bust, and your bench isn't very supportive. I do like both QBs you took, but in most drafts you should only take one. Also, never take multiple defenses, but I do like both which you took and think the Broncos D could be great Trade Bait as well as one of your QBs. It's a rough looking bunch, but you have a lot of trade pieces to work with! Good Luck Brother!!!

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciate. Unfortunately I can't help my wrs. Those are the best I can get if I take fournette at 11. I really want him and I can't get him if I don't take him at that spot. Landry and cooks are not 1s, but they are serviceable. I take two QBs to make up not taking a top tier QB and go with the best match-up. Same with my defense. Cook I actually think has s lot of potential if he can win the job over Murray and hill is now the top target in KC with maclin gone. Moncrief and blount are beasts in the red zone

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else play in dynasty leagues? I have the 4th pick in our startup draft and I'm trying to decide if I'd rather go with Le'veon Bell or a young WR like Mike Evans. I'm leaning towards Evans since he will last longer and doesn't have the past injury issues that Bell has had.

But I also really don't want to be weak at RB either. Some later targets at RB if I go WR early will probably be Ty Montgomery, Isaiah Crowell, Tevin Coleman, and a few promising rookies like Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, and Elijah McGuire. 

It's also a 2 QB dynasty league so I'm sure QBs will go much earlier than usual. So if I want Luck or Rodgers I'd probably have to draft them in the 2nd round. Guys like Winston, Mariota, and Carr will probably go shortly after that.  

Is this a PPR league? I am not in love with your runningbacks, but could be swayed, because of who you picked first.

You HAVE to nail your first two picks. If you take Freeman then as your league mate I am happy. He will be good but you won't get enough value at that draft position. It's all about value. If you had a David Johnson, definitely take a chance on Cook, Fournette, McCaffrey, but I don't love your RB group.

In my 12 team league last year, I got David Johnson w the 4th pick, a great pick. I didn't select another RB until 5th round (Gore), 7th (Deangelo Williams - got me 3 wins in the 3 weeks Bell was out, then I was able to release him when he got injured), and 9th (Theo Riddick). Grabbed Montgomery later in the year.

I can't hate it too much though, because I like the rest of your team. Doyle and Bennett should be pretty good this year and looks like you got a lot of value based on when you drafted him judging by your other positions.

Carr and Wilson is a fun tandem at QB as well, although IMO why waste higher picks on them when you can get better value elsewhere? If you have an not-quite-Elite QB don't pick two who are around the same level that high. You are losing value elsewhere.

My suggestion is grab the higher of Carr or Wilson then wait until the end of the draft and grab a Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Jameis Winston, Prescott. Last year I got Cousins in the 10th and Stafford in the 14th and won the league bc they both ended in the top 10 (Cousins 5, Prescott 6, Stafford 7) but my first four picks were Johnson, Jordy, Mike Evans, Greg Olsen. I nailed the top of the draft and filled the rest of the team with value picks like Cousins and Riddick.

• 4 weeks later...

so my draft is about a month away and this is the best team I get. Thoughts?

QB-Newton, Carr

RB-Freeman, Fournette, Lynch, Cook

WR-Hopkins,Crowder, moncrief, maclin, Taylor Gabriel, Curtis Samuel

TE-Bennett

D-Broncos, Vikings

K-Tucker

I like having two defenses so im not stuck playing a bad matchup

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

so my draft is about a month away and this is the best team I get. Thoughts?

QB-Newton, Carr

RB-Freeman, Fournette, Lynch, Cook

WR-Hopkins,Crowder, moncrief, maclin, Taylor Gabriel, Curtis Samuel

TE-Bennett

D-Broncos, Vikings

K-Tucker

I like having two defenses so im not stuck playing a bad matchup

You may have to wait till September 3rd, when all the forum posters that participate in the same drafts are done with theirs. I for one don't want to share my thoughts on players I am leaning towards prior to the draft, can't speak for others. :) 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You may have to wait till September 3rd, when all the forum posters that participate in the same drafts are done with theirs. I for one don't want to share my thoughts on players I am leaning towards prior to the draft, can't speak for others. :) 

Pm then haha

I'm not in your FF league

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Pm then haha

I'm not in your FF league

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, WarGhost21 said:

We all have different opinions on how to draft but IMO having two QBs is just like hand cuffing. If you lose your starting QB due to an injury you then don't have much of a chance to win. Plus you do have to cover the bye week. If you have two QBs then it can help you with matchups also.