Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The ultimate Brady vs Manning matchup

CR91

So I'm going to make a team of the best players peyton and tom have played with in their careers and you tell me who do you think would win.

Thomas     Wayne     Pollard Glenn Scott Saturday Lilja Clady   Harrison

Manning

James

Mathis Jackson Knighton Freeney

Talib                                              Miller     Brackett     Ware                    Harris                                  

Ward                                        Sanders

Brown    Welker        Gronk Light Mankins Koppan Neal Solder  Moss

Brady

Dillion

Revis                                    Jones Wilfork Seymour                               Law

Vrabel Seau Bruschi Thomas

Harrison                                       Mccourty

To the best of my knowledge this is best lineup, but if you think changes are needed go ahead and provide your own lineup

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

So I'm going to make a team of the best players peyton and tom have played with in their careers and you tell me who do you think would win.

Thomas     Wayne     Pollard Glenn Scott Saturday Lilja Clady   Harrison

Manning

James

Mathis Jackson Knighton Freeney

Talib                                              Miller     Brackett     Ware                    Harris                                  

Ward                                        Sanders

Brown    Welker        Gronk Light Mankins Koppan Neal Solder  Moss

Brady

Dillion

Revis                                    Jones Wilfork Seymour                               Law

Vrabel Seau Bruschi Thomas

Harrison                                       Mccourty

To the best of my knowledge this is best lineup, but if you think changes are needed go ahead and provide your own lineup

for Brady, McGinest over Thomas by a mile.  

and assuming this is when they played together, Hightower or Ted Johnson over Seau

for Manning its easily Faulk over James

39 minutes ago, BlacknGold77 said:

and assuming this is when they played together, Hightower or Ted Johnson over Seau

Have you watched seau?

55 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Have you watched seau?

Yes but by the time he came to New England he was well past his prime. If you're talking "in their prime" then of course Seau's in. But if it's based on his time with the Patriots, I'd go with Hightower over him. 

As for the hypothetical game itself... tough call. Where's it being played? Neutral field? haha

19 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Yes but by the time he came to New England he was well past his prime. If you're talking "in their prime" then of course Seau's in. But if it's based on his time with the Patriots, I'd go with Hightower over him. 

As for the hypothetical game itself... tough call. Where's it being played? Neutral field? haha

Astro turf haha

I tried to put together the best players. 

Change Manning's defense to a 3-4 and swap Freeney out and put Miller on the right side.  Putting Miller and Ware off the ball would be like putting a wide receiver at running back.  All 4 guys are edge rushers, some of whom can cover, but it's a misuse of their talent.

You can keep Brackett as the Mike and put Danny Trevathan at the Will.

Also Dallas Clark at TE.

Make those changes and we win.

p.s. def Manning. and this is because the Denver side reeealy helps him out on defense. too bad pats always had good defense 2001-2007.. Gronk either becomes a terrorist or a non factor, since he'll have to stay in to chip one of 4 amazing pass rushers.. 

really like someone else mentioned it doesn't even look close until you say bill belicheck and you mention forbourgh.. they just have super powers man..

6 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I'm taking Manning all the way but the logic used in this post above the 400 other things to consider is worse than the formatting (which I didn't notice until the robot pointed it out).

Don't use your phone

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Don't use your phone

That was sarcasm. I truly believe jvan would tell that burning guy from Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood that he was on fire if he were in that waiting room.

people say brady didnt have the weapons, but he played with two of the most physically gifted receivers ever, gronk and moss, and welker was one of the best modern slot receivers.  its odd that dillon has been his best RB, you could make a case for blunt now i think too

i dont know if you would want a defense with miller, ware, mathis and freeney all starting, but that would be ridiculous depth.  maybe on certain downs you could get away with it. 

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

people say brady didnt have the weapons, but he played with two of the most physically gifted receivers ever, gronk and moss, and welker was one of the best modern slot receivers.  its odd that dillon has been his best RB, you could make a case for blunt now i think too

i dont know if you would want a defense with miller, ware, mathis and freeney all starting, but that would be ridiculous depth.  maybe on certain downs you could get away with it. 

it would have been curtis martin, but he wasnt with the pats when brady was

I see where you were going with the formatting. I would have made an image file in just Microsoft Paint, or something, so the formatting is consistent, although I know you were using a phone, so my answer to that would be... don't use a phone, lol.

11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Edelman if not Great is Very Good as well. Tom has had plenty of weapons.

I'd have even a better lineup.

QB: Manning

WR: Harrison, Wayne, Thomas, Sanders

TE: Thomas, Clark, Pollard

OL: Glenn, Orlando Franklin, Saturday, Diem, Clady

DT: Knighton, Jackson

DE: Freeney, Mathis, Wolfe

OLB: Miller, Ware

ILB: Brackett, Marshall, Trevethan

CB: Harris, Talib

S: Sanders, Ward

That team would give lots of Pro Bowl teams trouble.

8 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I see where you were going with the formatting. I would have made an image file in just Microsoft Paint, or something, so the formatting is consistent, although I know you were using a phone, so my answer to that would be... don't use a phone, lol.

Funny thing is, I didn't use my phone haha

On 6/29/2017 at 7:16 AM, BlacknGold77 said:

I don't think it's easily Faulk over James... they're both HOF caliber.  James was on pace for a better career but injury derailed him.

30 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I don't think it's easily Faulk over James... they're both HOF caliber.  James was on pace for a better career but injury derailed him.

Depends on the criteria of this. Faulk is the better RB all-time on a Top 20 list but Peyton only played 1 season with him, he played with James for 7 seasons. Also I would take Dallas Clark over Marcus Pollard.