Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Coach on Andrew Luck

TKnight24

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

The sack record is telling. Offense can do a great job & defense will still blow the game 

Honestly,   I don't understand the sacks stat.     Someone is going to have to explain that to me,  because it makes zero sense to me.

The interception numbers are easy to understand.     The games total 70, plus his 10 that he's missed due to injury and there are his 80 regular season games in Luck's first 5 years.

But the sacks stats don't add up?     His record is 2-6 in games where he's not sacked?     That seems highly unlikely.      And he's 14-12 in games where he's sacked 3 or more times.      Those games total 33 games.    And they don't include games where Luck is sacked either once or twice?     Why?

Frankly,  I don't think those sack number reveal anything at all....     The only thing they do is cause confusion and muddy the waters.      They're the opposite of the interception numbers.....

Someone want to explain this to me?       Someone?      Anyone at all?

Many thanks....

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly,   I don't understand the sacks stat.     Someone is going to have to explain that to me,  because it makes zero sense to me.

The interception numbers are easy to understand.     The games total 70, plus his 10 that he's missed due to injury and there are his 80 regular season games in Luck's first 5 years.

But the sacks stats don't add up?     His record is 2-6 in games where he's not sacked?     That seems highly unlikely.      And he's 14-12 in games where he's sacked 3 or more times.      Those games total 33 games.    And they don't include games where Luck is sacked either once or twice?     Why?

Frankly,  I don't think those sack number reveal anything at all....     The only thing they do is cause confusion and muddy the waters.      They're the opposite of the interception numbers.....

Many thanks....

I think it says - Luck doesn't play defense.  

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess it's just a statistical extremity/anomaly. Usually, the more pressures you put on a QB, the more sacks you get, but sometimes it just doesn't work like that. Sometimes you can't get to the QB at all, but there are 3 busted plays and you get 3 sacks. And sometimes you harrass the QB from the very first minute till the last, but just can't get to him close enough to sack him.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:44 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Many thanks....

Pretty sure it is saying our defense. But I'm just guessing. 

On 6/27/2017 at 5:44 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Many thanks....

I don't know if this is a good statistic to stand by but I think it is trying to make the point that when Luck is sacked a lot, we still have a winning record; and when Luck throws interceptions we don't. So taking a sack is better than forcing throws under pressure.

I don't think many can deny that Luck has a little bit of Brett Farve in him.  

Honestly I don't think at this point he's very comparable to Manning.  He's more comparable to Ben Rothlisburger and Brett Farve.  

Closer to Big Ben but with just a bit more tendency to make aggressive and dangerous throws ala Farve.  But with the team around him of Dan Marino . . . so far anyways.