Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies Hung Around

TKnight24

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Newton

Ok, I got ya.  I was thinking that Cam was on the Colts.  I get it.  Apparently Cam Newton had a similar shoulder problem.  Sometimes it takes a while for the old brain to function properly.  Thanks CR91

19 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yep, hoping to see one of these vids for Luck sooner than later...

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Cam-Newton-resumes-throwing/5614e868-1f1d-4c3c-ac3b-a45377ee0662

Me too..

Comparatively speaking is Luck's injury considered more serious or generally the same type of injury/ surgery/ recovery as Cam's?

I know he had a partially torn labrum vs Cam's torn rotator cuff and that people react differently to injury and treatment.  Just curious of the seriousness of either and/ or the likelihood of re-injury. 

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Me too..

Comparatively speaking is Luck's injury considered more serious or generally the same type of injury/ surgery/ recovery as Cam's?

I know he had a partially torn labrum vs Cam's torn rotator cuff and that people react differently to injury and treatment.  Just curious of the seriousness of either and/ or the likelihood of re-injury. 

My understanding was that rotator cuff is worse. But I clearly have no idea, because Cam's already throwing, while Luck's still a few weeks out, and had his surgery months prior to Newton.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

My understanding was that rotator cuff is worse. But I clearly have no idea, because Cam's already throwing, while Luck's still a few weeks out, and had his surgery months prior to Newton.

That was my understanding too.  Certainly thought he would be throwing now too.  Maybe the staff is being overprotective with AL .... which I can understand if that is the case.

6 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm not a doctor, so only speculating: maybe "seriousness" and healing time are not linearly correlated. You might have an injury, which heals faster but has more risk on the long term, while another injury heals slower, but once its healed, it's as good as new.

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

I'm not a doctor, so only speculating: maybe "seriousness" and healing time are not linearly correlated. You might have an injury, which heals faster but has more risk on the long term, while another injury heals slower, but once its healed, it's as good as new.

Yeah I thought about that as well. I've also considered that maybe Cam just heals ridiculously fast, while Luck is on pace for the more realistic recovery time.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm big on food texture as well......probably why I hate mushrooms and oysters (besides the fact they taste like garbage) lol 

My wife is like that too.  Tees me off as I usually do the cooking and there is no luck when it comes to trying something new because she "thinks" she won't like the texture.

So we just rotate days with about 4 meals.  (Not really but it feels like it sometimes)

I do eat my share of mushrooms and raw oysters though.  Club cracker/ Oyster/ dab of Franks Red Hot and a dash of pepper.... down it goes.  Usually chase them down with beer while I am cooking something else.  Like the Fig Newtons too! Sometimes that is.

4 hours ago, BR-549 said:

My wife is like that too.  Tees me off as I usually do the cooking and there is no luck when it comes to trying something new because she "thinks" she won't like the texture.

So we just rotate days with about 4 meals.  (Not really but it feels like it sometimes)

I do eat my share of mushrooms and raw oysters though.  Club cracker/ Oyster/ dab of Franks Red Hot and a dash of pepper.... down it goes.  Usually chase them down with beer while I am cooking something else.  Like the Fig Newtons too! Sometimes that is.

Me eating oysters: 

Image result for oysters gif