Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Any Team Go 16-0 This Coming Season?

King Colt

Dallas. Oakland. New England. Seattle. I don't see any team having a clear path to the undefeated season which is good for the sport . If I was forced to pick a team I would go to the Raiders and Dallas but I would not bet a nickel on either team just on their division rivals much less other teams. I have not looked at the schedule and don't care to because it's too early in the season for roster reasons and it never comes true even when the former players predict it on game day. 

I doubt it. The Pats did it that once and well......it is pretty darn rare. If anyone does it, likely them again but I think they lose one or two along the way even if it looks like they are on some major hot streak. But if it's anyone it's NE since they have been down that road before. 

No way to the other teams listed in the original post, no way.........

Seattle has problems, Raiders are still going to have to show us more and are in a tough division and the football Gods would never allow Dallas to go 16-0.

A few teams will go on "hot streaks" to start the year and then people will scream 16-0 but it never happens.

And I seriously hope nobody brings up the 2009 Colts since we don't need to go down that painful road again. lmao Okay I just brought them up but nobody else please even if it's tough. lmao 

Panthers a few years ago also darn near looked to come close to lucking out to a perfect season but nope.........this stuff is very rare. Too much parity in the NFL.

I have been predicting the Pat's perfect season for nearly 50 years.  No reason to stop now.  That said, this looks like a promising campaign.  It's just SO HARD to beat 31 teams over 19 games given all the variables of the campaign -- schedule, injuries, weather, luck.

I disagree with OP that having four good teams is good for the nfl.  Personally, I prefer the 'no best teams' scenario where each Sunday changes the playoff window.  I don't think we will see that again until Belichick hangs up his cleats. 

20 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Colts will go 16-0.

New England goes 0-16.

You heard it here, folks.

If the Colts go 1-0 to start the year I will feel more optimistic about the season. You know our slow starts and all......:hairout:

If anyone can do it is the Pats but I don't think they can even do it again. I see them at 14-2 or so. There will be a couple of teams step up and upset them throughout the long season. They are my early pick to win the SB though but I wont make that final prediction until pre-season is over. It's nearly impossible to go 16-0 as the Pats are the only team to do it which was in 2007, which still has me upset regarding 2009 because we would've went 16-0 as well if Bill Polian wouldn't of pulled our players in game 15. Block out we lost the SB, that has nothing to do with 16-0 which I am 99% sure we would've went.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If anyone can do it is the Pats but I don't think they can even do it again. I see them at 14-2 or so. There will be a couple of teams step up and upset them throughout the long season. They are my early pick to win the SB though but I wont make that final prediction until pre-season is over. It's nearly impossible to go 16-0 as the Pats are the only team to do it which was in 2007, which still has me upset regarding 2009 because we would've went 16-0 as well if Bill Polian wouldn't of pulled our players in game 15. Block out we lost the SB, that has nothing to do with 16-0 which I am 99% sure we would've went.

Yeah me too.  That philosophy (resting/ protecting players) always peed me off.  Not to mention we let the Jets into the playoffs by losing to them.  We walked through that season and would have easily won those last two games..... We were out coached in that SB, we had the better roster IMO.

Still sits in my craw! 

If any team could it would be the Pats but I think it's unlikely even for them.  

There are reasons why undefeated seasons are rare in the NFL.  League parity, injuries, the chances of having a bad game, plus at some point you would have nothing left to play for other then being able to claim an undefeated regular season.  But while that's something that's not that big of a deal because no one cares about that unless you win the SB.  

5 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Yeah me too.  That philosophy (resting/ protecting players) always peed me off.

I remember that season. The issue I'm pretty sure that led up to the decision was we were playing in Buffalo week 16; therefore, we knew it would be snowing (and it did), so we had to wrestle with whether it was worth playing a meaningless snowy weather game.

Furthermore, during week 15, we gave up a special teams TD, and statistically, a team that gives up a special teams TD will go on to lose the game, and I believe that was the catalyst that led coaching (or ownership) to pull the plug on the 16-0 season.

At first I was kind of indifferent on the decision, but looking back, it sucks having to constantly ask, "What if?"

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

I remember that season. The issue I'm pretty sure that led up to the decision was we were playing in Buffalo week 16; therefore, we knew it would be snowing (and it did), so we had to wrestle with whether it was worth playing a meaningless snowy weather game.

Furthermore, during week 15, we gave up a special teams TD, and statistically, a team that gives up a special teams TD will go on to lose the game, and I believe that was the catalyst that led coaching (or ownership) to pull the plug on the 16-0 season.

At first I was kind of indifferent on the decision, but looking back, it sucks having to constantly ask, "What if?"

Same here.

I remember the buffalo game too.  And it was pretty heavy snow as I remember.  I want to say that we left our starters (offensive) in long enough for them to get a few records.  Like Dallas Clark gets his 100th reception of the year and other best like that. All in the first quarter if I remember correctly.... then they pulled everyone.  During that quarter they marched down the field and punched it in like they were playing the practice squad.  They just made it look easy that year.

I remember Bill Polian on the Colts radio show Monday after the game (Buffalo) explaining during his interview he that when he was with the Bills they played their starters in a meaningless game before the playoffs and it led to someone getting hurt... Bennett or Bruce Smith maybe?, sorry I forget, but an impact player nonetheless.  Anyway, he said that he would never risk it again for a meaningless game.

I was watching the "classic games" one day last week and it was the SB against New Orleans.  We were working them over pretty good at first and then things came apart after the onside kick at halftime.  Sean Payton said that Bill Parcels told him before the game that they would need to at least steal a possession and turn it into a score to win the game.  As we know they did- X2.  

We had some very good teams from 2004-2009.  I hope we are able to field some competitive teams while Luck is here.  And I don't mean beat the Bengals in the wildcard game.  

Sorry for the extra long post.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Same here.

I remember the buffalo game too.  And it was pretty heavy snow as I remember.  I want to say that we left our starters (offensive) in long enough for them to get a few records.  Like Dallas Clark gets his 100th reception of the year and other best like that. All in the first quarter if I remember correctly.... then they pulled everyone.  During that quarter they marched down the field and punched it in like they were playing the practice squad.  They just made it look easy that year.

I remember Bill Polian on the Colts radio show Monday after the game (Buffalo) explaining during his interview he that when he was with the Bills they played their starters in a meaningless game before the playoffs and it led to someone getting hurt... Bennett or Bruce Smith maybe?, sorry I forget, but an impact player nonetheless.  Anyway, he said that he would never risk it again for a meaningless game.

I was watching the "classic games" one day last week and it was the SB against New Orleans.  We were working them over pretty good at first and then things came apart after the onside kick at halftime.  Sean Payton said that Bill Parcels told him before the game that they would need to at least steal a possession and turn it into a score to win the game.  As we know they did- X2.  

We had some very good teams from 2004-2009.  I hope we are able to field some competitive teams while Luck is here.  And I don't mean beat the Bengals in the wildcard game.  

Sorry for the extra long post.

I honestly still think had we been 15-0 we would've beat Buffalo. It could've snow'd 2 feet and I wont change my opinion on that. Yeah 2003-2009 were 7 years of dominance we will always have. 89-23 in the Regular Season, went to 2 SB's and won 1. Hey 1 is better NONE. Went through Tommy and BB to get our 1 too.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly still think had we been 15-0 we would've beat Buffalo. It could've snow'd 2 feet and I wont change my opinion on that. Yeah 2003-2009 were 7 years of dominance we will always have. 89-23 in the Regular Season, went to 2 SB's and won 1. Hey 1 is better NONE. Went through Tommy and BB to get our 1 too.

No doubt ... makes it even more sweet.  I damn near cried when we got that SB (not really but you know what I mean, lol)

8 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

No doubt ... makes it even more sweet.  I damn near cried when we got that SB (not really but you know what I mean, lol)

I did cry and was very relieved because I talked so much smack to everyone leading up to that game saying how we finally got them in our house and it was butt kicking time! When we fell behind 21-3 I was ready to hide for the year lmao. Once we won that, I knew we would take out Rex.

I don't think so. We probably won't see another undefeated team even if the possibility is on the table. 

Carolina almost did it recently back in 2015. The Patriots undefeated record in 2007 had completely exhausted that team and they were so due to finally lose a game. One has to wonder what the Pats chances would've been had they lost a few in the season and were able to regroup and get back on track. I often feel this way about Carolina, that their one loss to the Falcons in 2015 wasn't enough of a wake up call. They went into the SB thinking they were invincible and arrogantly thought they had already won before the game even started just due to their record. 

Losing can be a great eye opener to great teams and help them rebound. No team is perfect, even an undefeated team will have weaknesses. 

I don't think we will ever see a true 16-0 team because the risk it runs with injuries at depth of roster and sacrifice to get that record. Injuries play a much greater role in football than any other sport and a lot of times, it's OK to take that loss in the final week by resting your starters and going into the post season healthy. 

3 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

I don't think so. We probably won't see another undefeated team even if the possibility is on the table. 

Carolina almost did it recently back in 2015. The Patriots undefeated record in 2007 had completely exhausted that team and they were so due to finally lose a game. One has to wonder what the Pats chances would've been had they lost a few in the season and were able to regroup and get back on track. I often feel this way about Carolina, that their one loss to the Falcons in 2015 wasn't enough of a wake up call. They went into the SB thinking they were invincible and arrogantly thought they had already won before the game even started just due to their record. 

Losing can be a great eye opener to great teams and help them rebound. No team is perfect, even an undefeated team will have weaknesses. 

I don't think we will ever see a true 16-0 team because the risk it runs with injuries at depth of roster and sacrifice to get that record. Injuries play a much greater role in football than any other sport and a lot of times, it's OK to take that loss in the final week by resting your starters and going into the post season healthy. 

I agree 100%. I don't think we will ever see it again. Pats had a golden Opp in 2007 to go 19-0 and even had the better team in the SB but just didn't finish.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%. I don't think we will ever see it again. Pats had a golden Opp in 2007 to go 19-0 and even had the better team in the SB but just didn't finish.

Assante Samuel could've ended that SB right then and there had he hung onto that interception. I imagine for Pats fans, they probably hate him as much as 49er fans hate Roger Craig for that fumble in the 1990 NFCCG that screwed their chances of a 3-peat. 

8 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Assante Samuel could've ended that SB right then and there had he hung onto that interception. I imagine for Pats fans, they probably hate him as much as 49er fans hate Roger Craig for that fumble in the 1990 NFCCG that screwed their chances of a 3-peat. 

Yeah Samuel had it, not sure how he missed it. Also when the Patriots got the ball back after the Giants went up 17-14 Brady fired a laser for Moss that was perfect but the Giants defender barley got a finger on it, otherwise that would've been a hailmary for a TD. There were so many close plays in that game besides the helmet catch. Giants had the Football God's on their side bigtime that night. Had Craig not fumbled in 1990 the 49ers would've 3-peated IMO, Football some times comes down to 1 or 2 huge key plays.

It's so hard to go 16-0. The year the Patriots did it they actually beat all the teams they were supposed to and the 3 teams that gave them the hardest time were the Eagles (8-8), Ravens (5-11) who actually really should have beat them, and the Giants (10-6) in the last week of the season. A much better Colts, Chargers, Steelers, and Cowboys team were actually not as competitive against them. You just don't know who is going to show up. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Samuel had it, not sure how he missed it. Also when the Patriots got the ball back after the Giants went up 17-14 Brady fired a laser for Moss that was perfect but the Giants defender barley got a finger on it, otherwise that would've been a hailmary for a TD. There were so many close plays in that game besides the helmet catch. Giants had the Football God's on their side bigtime that night. Had Craig not fumbled in 1990 the 49ers would've 3-peated IMO, Football some times comes down to 1 or 2 huge key plays.

That whole drive was a nightmare for the Patriots. First off the helmet catch drive was like scripted out of a movie. First off the whole Giants line was holding, that aside Eli was grabbed multiple times to the point where the umpire admitted he was about to blow the whistle at one point, then the helmet catch happens in ridiculously stupid coverage by Harrison. It almost makes you forget that a few plays earlier Samuels could have ended the game. It was just super good luck by the Giants. 

And that kids is why you don't let teams hang around. The biggest problem with that game was the Patriots got too cute trying to force balls to Moss when they should have got Welker in the game earlier and started with a short pass strategy that the Giants left wide open.

Pats were never going to win that SB in 2007 and I still stand by that and I said it all during 2007 to people I knew who at the time thought I was insane after a while, that eventually they WERE going to lose and not go 19-0. I hated how that particular Pats team was constructed as well. And Moss and Welker are freaking jinxes. Jesus I hated that Pats team.........I actually DO respect the recent Pats teams who have won it all but that 2007 Pats team made me go insane hating them. Most Pats teams I can have levels of respect for, but in 2007, nope........

I am the anti perfect season girl, I never think it will happen. Someday I could be proven wrong but it is soooo tough to do and sometimes to me not even worth it. I didn't think Kentucky would have the perfect season a few years back in college basketball and I didn't think the Warriors would have the perfect postseason recently.

I was a firm believer that in 2007 the Chargers win it all and get that one ring they probably were due, IF against the Colts in the divisional they didn't get Rivers and Tomlinson so banged up. But, regardless......I knew the Pats were in trouble based on that one AFCCG.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200801200nwe.htm

Pats win 21-12 and it hardly was a good Patriots performance on offense. I remember this too, Brady threw 3 picks. Chargers could not punch it in for TDs but if Rivers was not on one leg would he have been better? We never will know.

I always felt the Chargers had a missing ring in there in one of those seasons they had so many good teams. They really did beast there for a while.

Pats looked very vulnerable to me in that title game, very vulnerable. The week before I wasn't impressed since they beat up on a crappy Jaguars team in the divisional and it seems NE always gets to beat up on an AFC South team in the playoffs a lot. On the flip side the Giants had a monster playoff climb to even get to the SB in beating the Bucs, Cowboys and Packers all on the road.

29 minutes ago, footballhero1 said:

That whole drive was a nightmare for the Patriots. First off the helmet catch drive was like scripted out of a movie. First off the whole Giants line was holding, that aside Eli was grabbed multiple times to the point where the umpire admitted he was about to blow the whistle at one point, then the helmet catch happens in ridiculously stupid coverage by Harrison. It almost makes you forget that a few plays earlier Samuels could have ended the game. It was just super good luck by the Giants. 

I fully admit hate or not for that Pats team, the Giants o line was MAJORLY holding when that Eli to Tyree catch happened. 

The biggest problem with that game was the Patriots got too cute trying to force balls to Moss when they should have got Welker in the game earlier and started with a short pass strategy that the Giants left wide open.

The Pats playcalling was kinda one dimensional IMO in 2007. And yeah I remember how many times it was just trying to get the ball deep to Moss, sigh.........

The biggest issue with that SB for the Pats was Brady was on his back most of the game too. lmao Justin Tuck IMO was the MVP of the game. But yeah the Pats playcalling made it easier for the Giants.

38 minutes ago, Jules said:

Pats were never going to win that SB in 2007 and I still stand by that and I said it all during 2007 to people I knew who at the time thought I was insane after a while, that eventually they WERE going to lose and not go 19-0. I hated how that particular Pats team was constructed as well. And Moss and Welker are freaking jinxes. Jesus I hated that Pats team.........I actually DO respect the recent Pats teams who have won it all but that 2007 Pats team made me go insane hating them. Most Pats teams I can have levels of respect for, but in 2007, nope........

I am the anti perfect season girl, I never think it will happen. Someday I could be proven wrong but it is soooo tough to do and sometimes to me not even worth it. I didn't think Kentucky would have the perfect season a few years back in college basketball and I didn't think the Warriors would have the perfect postseason recently.

I was a firm believer that in 2007 the Chargers win it all and get that one ring they probably were due, IF against the Colts in the divisional they didn't get Rivers and Tomlinson so banged up. But, regardless......I knew the Pats were in trouble based on that one AFCCG.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200801200nwe.htm

Pats win 21-12 and it hardly was a good Patriots performance on offense. I remember this too, Brady threw 3 picks. Chargers could not punch it in for TDs but if Rivers was not on one leg would he have been better? We never will know.

I always felt the Chargers had a missing ring in there in one of those seasons they had so many good teams. They really did beast there for a while.

Pats looked very vulnerable to me in that title game, very vulnerable. The week before I wasn't impressed since they beat up on a crappy Jaguars team in the divisional and it seems NE always gets to beat up on an AFC South team in the playoffs a lot. On the flip side the Giants had a monster playoff climb to even get to the SB in beating the Bucs, Cowboys and Packers all on the road.

IMO between seasons 2004-2007 the Chargers were by far the best team that failed to win a Ring. Pats won in 2004, Steelers won in 2005, and we got ours in 2006. In 2004 they went 12-4 but lost to the Jets in the Playoffs, in 2005 they beat us when were 13-0, in 2006 they were 14-2 and just gave that Playoff game away vs the Pats, 2007 you already broke it down. Football is strange sometimes, I would've never predicted the Giants would win the SB in 2007 before that season. I thought the Pats would crush them on that SB Sunday once that was the match up. I was way wrong.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO between seasons 2004-2007 the Chargers were by far the best team that failed to win a Ring. Pats won in 2004, Steelers won in 2005, and we got ours in 2006. In 2004 they went 12-4 but lost to the Jets in the Playoffs, in 2005 they beat us when were 13-0, in 2006 they were 14-2 and just gave that Playoff game away vs the Pats, 2007 you already broke it down. Football is strange sometimes, I would've never predicted the Giants would win the SB in 2007 before that season. I thought the Pats would crush them on that SB Sunday once that was the match up. I was way wrong.

The Chargers did us a favor in 2006, I was not as confident we go win in SD. I was rooting for the Pats in that game and wanted them to come to Indy since well......as cliche as it sounded it was time. It was time. I knew either team would be brutal but I preferred it at home. We had to beat the Pats with Manning in the big one......it was time.

In 2009 I hate to say it folks, not sure we beat SD if we got them at home in the AFCCG either. Brees vs. Rivers sounded kinda fitting to me that year too, even though we did have the perfect season drama and did tank the Jets game......I was very hesitant in 2009 in my gut on our chances to win it all. I have no idea how the Chargers lost to the freaking Jets, omg no idea........I think it was their kicker who blew easy FGs. And I honestly even think the Chargers could have given the Saints some hell too.

SD did blow a lot of big games but their super duper clutch mentality often showed up vs. the Colts. And we just seemed to match up horribly vs. them. Jesus, I remember us even looking SMALL compared to them. They seemed like monsters back then with height and weight at times. They had all this depth and everything but would blow these big games vs. teams not called the Colts.

I am often wrong, but in 2007 it was one of those rare years I was correct. I mean something about that Pats team just seemed so "off" to me. 

And keep in mind the Giants did nearly beat NE in the final week of the regular season, that showed me a ton. Just like NE nearly beat the Rams in the regular season in 2001 but then got payback later in the SB. Pats seemed kinda comparable to me to the 2001 Rams at times in my head for some reason.......

Also fun note; Jordin Sparks is a perfect season killer. She did the national anthem for the Pats/Giants SB in 2007 and she did the national anthem for Warriors/Cavs game 4. lmao I swear that girl needs to be on speed dial for anyone who wants to beat someone shooting for the perfect regular season or postseason.

8 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Oh God, Polian did go off on some Bills player who got hurt in a meaningless game and I forget who too, but he kept saying it. Then he said to some lady too who called in something like "You got the first seed and a healthy team. What else do you want?." lmao 

I think Dungy kinda said it best when he said he was for resting (as we all know) but he didn't like how the Colts did it with the timing and everything. Just bad timing during the game or something.

I still can remember seeing Curtis Painter going in there and then getting SMASHED by the Jets defense. And I hate to laugh now but I kinda am since it looked so damn pathetic.:lol: I mean literally you threw out Painter and then the Jets who had the top D that year just kinda foamed at the mouth and went wild on him. lmao 

It's possible that if then we had a backup like Matt Hasellbeck that we still win the game and the Bills game. But we had.........Curtis Painter.  I think thats why people thought we legit did tank in 2011, since everyone KNEW how horrible Curtis Painter was.

Okay nevermind, wasn't going to get into the 2009 blunder and said not to but here I am.......okay carry on.:hide: Thats it folks, no more 2009.:popcorn:

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Chargers did us a favor in 2006, I was not as confident we go win in SD. I was rooting for the Pats in that game and wanted them to come to Indy since well......as cliche as it sounded it was time. It was time. I knew either team would be brutal but I preferred it at home. We had to beat the Pats with Manning in the big one......it was time.

In 2009 I hate to say it folks, not sure we beat SD if we got them at home in the AFCCG either. Brees vs. Rivers sounded kinda fitting to me that year too, even though we did have the perfect season drama and did tank the Jets game......I was very hesitant in 2009 in my gut on our chances to win it all. I have no idea how the Chargers lost to the freaking Jets, omg no idea........I think it was their kicker who blew easy FGs. And I honestly even think the Chargers could have given the Saints some hell too.

SD did blow a lot of big games but their super duper clutch mentality often showed up vs. the Colts. And we just seemed to match up horribly vs. them. Jesus, I remember us even looking SMALL compared to them. They seemed like monsters back then with height and weight at times. They had all this depth and everything but would blow these big games vs. teams not called the Colts.

I am often wrong, but in 2007 it was one of those rare years I was correct. I mean something about that Pats team just seemed so "off" to me. 

And keep in mind the Giants did nearly beat NE in the final week of the regular season, that showed me a ton. Just like NE nearly beat the Rams in the regular season in 2001 but then got payback later in the SB. Pats seemed kinda comparable to me to the 2001 Rams at times in my head for some reason.......

Also fun note; Jordin Sparks is a perfect season killer. She did the national anthem for the Pats/Giants SB in 2007 and she did the national anthem for Warriors/Cavs game 4. lmao I swear that girl needs to be on speed dial for anyone who wants to beat someone shooting for the perfect regular season or postseason.

I was shocked the Chargers lost to the Jets in 2009. I was already figuring on having to play them in the Championship Game which would've been real tough. In 2006 I was glad we didn't have to go there and play, LT was a beast. I wanted the Pats as well, not because I thought it would be easier but I just wanted to beat them + we were unbeatable at home that season finishing 10-0 including Playoffs. Always better to be at home for that game.

19 minutes ago, Jules said:

I forgot she sing the National Anthem in 2007, that is insane considering she did it again in these Finals and Warriors lost a game.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Oh God, Polian did go off on some Bills player who got hurt in a meaningless game and I forget who too, but he kept saying it. Then he said to some lady too who called in something like "You got the first seed and a healthy team. What else do you want?." lmao 

I think Dungy kinda said it best when he said he was for resting (as we all know) but he didn't like how the Colts did it with the timing and everything. Just bad timing during the game or something.

I still can remember seeing Curtis Painter going in there and then getting SMASHED by the Jets defense. And I hate to laugh now but I kinda am since it looked so damn pathetic.:lol: I mean literally you threw out Painter and then the Jets who had the top D that year just kinda foamed at the mouth and went wild on him. lmao 

It's possible that if then we had a backup like Matt Hasellbeck that we still win the game and the Bills game. But we had.........Curtis Painter.  I think thats why people thought we legit did tank in 2011, since everyone KNEW how horrible Curtis Painter was.

Okay nevermind, wasn't going to get into the 2009 blunder and said not to but here I am.......okay carry on.:hide: Thats it folks, no more 2009.:popcorn:

Painter.... what a doof....... I couldn't stand him (the QB not the person) when he was at Purdue, but for the Colts to sign him???? Wow, I never figured that one out. 

Man...if the Raiders and the Cowboys are the best chances at 16-0 then it ain't happening lol! This is the equivalent of chancing the Pats at 0-16. They could lose the 1st and 2nd string to raging diarrhea 2 minutes before the start of every game and still probably win 8 if Bill is the coach. The Cowboys and Raiders could also lose 8. The Raiders were as synonymous with losing as the Browns were for years and it will take another good year for the stench to wear off, and a good year isn't guaranteed after how last year ended. Meanwhile the Cowboys have fail to respond to good years where they came up short. 

On 6/25/2017 at 2:46 PM, wizwor said:

I have been predicting the Pat's perfect season for nearly 50 years.  No reason to stop now.  That said, this looks like a promising campaign.  It's just SO HARD to beat 31 teams over 19 games given all the variables of the campaign -- schedule, injuries, weather, luck.

I disagree with OP that having four good teams is good for the nfl.  Personally, I prefer the 'no best teams' scenario where each Sunday changes the playoff window.  I don't think we will see that again until Belichick hangs up his cleats. 

I would say it's impossible to beat 31 teams over 19 games.

On 6/26/2017 at 8:54 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would just love to see another Colts vs Patriots AFCCG where the Colts and their new defense just bust their chops. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, Synthetic said:

I don't know, it looked like the ball was too high for Samuel. He had to jump as high as he possibly could and it still hit off the top of his fingers. At best it was a pretty tough catch, not something that hit him right on the chest.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, King Colt said:

Dallas. Oakland. New England. Seattle. I don't see any team having a clear path to the undefeated season which is good for the sport . If I was forced to pick a team I would go to the Raiders and Dallas but I would not bet a nickel on either team just on their division rivals much less other teams. I have not looked at the schedule and don't care to because it's too early in the season for roster reasons and it never comes true even when the former players predict it on game day. 

Nobody is going unbeaten.

32 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Nobody is going unbeaten.

I agree but if anyone could do it, it would be New England. Every Sunday they will be favored to win. They will have to beat themselves if they do lose and the other team they play will have to play perfect to beat them. I have them 14-2 projection.

43 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I don't know, it looked like the ball was too high for Samuel. He had to jump as high as he possibly could and it still hit off the top of his fingers. At best it was a pretty tough catch, not something that hit him right on the chest.

That was plain and simply a crazy game, Giants got the most insane breaks of all-time to win that game much like the Jets got against the Colts in 1968. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they did but man they got lucky. As a Colts fan I was happy to see it and I didn't want them going undefeated but Giants had lottery type luck to win that.

Off topic but for fun, what do you guys/gals consider the biggest upset (or shock) of all-time for all the marbles/for the Championship? Here are the choices:

1. Jets over Colts in the 1968 SB.

2. Giants over Pats in the 2007 SB.

3. Cavs over Warriors(4-3)in the 2016 Finals, being down 3-1 without HCA. They had to win Game 7 on the road.

4. Cubs over Indians(4-3)in the 2016 WS, Cubs had to win Game 6 and 7 on the road to pull that out, not an upset but shock definitely. A team has never won 6 and 7 on the road to win a WS until the Cubs did it.

5. Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson in Tokyo being a 40-1 underdog. At the time Mike Tyson was invincible at 37-0 33 KO's and Douglas had a Rep of being just another good fighter that was never in shape.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree but if anyone could do it, it would be New England. Every Sunday they will be favored to win. They will have to beat themselves if they do lose and the other team they play will have to play perfect to beat them. I have them 14-2 projection.

Everybody is overhyping the pats and the only one of their traded for players that are good is cooks the rest are below average to average at best.