DB Keon Lyn

Montreal Aloudttes

WR Sam Giguere

Ottaw Redblacks

WR Joshua Stangby

Toronto Argonauts 

QB Jeff Matthews

7 minutes ago, Pat Beach 81 said:

Newsome was a name I wouldn't expect. Hope he has it together. I really thought he was turning into a good player 

6.5 sacks his rookie year. Top 5 among rookies. Had a huge strip sack on Peyton in a playoff game. Remember Talks of getting 10 sacks as a sophomore, and then proceeded to have one the worst seasons for a second year player I've ever seen. Pretty disappointing.

18 minutes ago, Pat Beach 81 said:

Newsome was a name I wouldn't expect. Hope he has it together. I really thought he was turning into a good player 

I was upset that he was let go after his weed charge. He had a bad soph season but we had no one behind him. I was equally upset when we let Freeman walk for peanuts.

I was in Canada last week and tried to watch a game.  They were broadcasting in French which made it even more confusing.   

Surpried to see Chick still playing.  Wonder what ever happened to Sam Gig...something or other?

48 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I was in Canada last week and tried to watch a game.  They were broadcasting in French which made it even more confusing.   

Surpried to see Chick still playing.  Wonder what ever happened to Sam Gig...something or other?

He is with Montreal

18 hours ago, colt18 said:

I was upset that he was let go after his weed charge. He had a bad soph season but we had no one behind him. I was equally upset when we let Freeman walk for peanuts.

Those peanuts turned into a suspension for PED's

On 6/23/2017 at 10:43 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

As the new CFL season starts there are several former Colts in the league

BC Lions

RB Chris Rainey

DB Loucheiz Purifoy

Calgary Stampeders

OL Daniel Federkeil

Edmonton Eskimos

RB Ladarius Perkins

DE Marcus Howard

DE Phillip Hunt

Saskatchewan Roughriders

WR Duron Carter

DE Jonathan Newsome

LB Henoc Muamba

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

QB Dan LeFevour

WR Ryan Lankford

DL Jamaal Westerman

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

OL Xavier Fulton

DE John Chick

LB Kavell Conner

DB Keon Lyn

Montreal Aloudttes

WR Sam Giguere

Ottaw Redblacks

WR Joshua Stangby

Toronto Argonauts 

QB Jeff Matthews

I forgot to add 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

QB Dominique Davis

DL Drake Nevis

2 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

Does this mean Grigson was a Great (CFL) GM?

Give me three steps, give me three steps, give me three steps towards the door!  Give me three steps, and you'll never see me no more!!!!!!!

Some of those guys were before RG, others were long shots and a few "played" their way out of the organization 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

He had Great on the field talent but made some mistakes off the field

Weed? I can't recall. If he had solid NFL talent and we cut him for that reason, some other team having lower standards would have picked him up for a look. Maybe he was facing year long suspension and teams just said not worth the flack. Idk

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

Weed? I can't recall. If he had solid NFL talent and we cut him for that reason, some other team having lower standards would have picked him up for a look. Maybe he was facing year long suspension and teams just said not worth the flack. Idk

He was picked by Seattle after the Colts waived him on a 1year contract. He was facing a 10 game suspension for the 15 season for violation of the Substance Abuse Policy and no one picked him up

Wow, Grigson should be a GM in the CFL! 

This is what I said during the black period where he got fired. He scouts CFL talent really well. His issue was that he couldn't consistently scout NFL level talent. Too many project players that never did anything in the NFL and would have been better served as CFL guys. He's with the Browns but if that doesn't work I think a CFL team should hand him the keys to their franchise.

• 5 weeks later...

Older thread I realize, but I think that some of you guys might enjoy this: Duron Carter with a great catch yesterday, 

He made a few other great catches, but before this one, he made an incredibly boneheaded catch. Running a pattern out to the sideline, he caught the ball in the air, but well in bounds. Only one foot in bounds is required in the CFL. Easy-peasy, any CFL receiver in the league could drag a foot on that play, but not Carter. He stretches out a leg and lands out of bounds for no catch. Brain switched off. 

5 hours ago, watter said:

Older thread I realize, but I think that some of you guys might enjoy this: Duron Carter with a great catch yesterday, 

He made a few other great catches, but before this one, he made an incredibly boneheaded catch. Running a pattern out to the sideline, he caught the ball in the air, but well in bounds. Only one foot in bounds is required in the CFL. Easy-peasy, any CFL receiver in the league could drag a foot on that play, but not Carter. He stretches out a leg and lands out of bounds for no catch. Brain switched off. 

The last part is why he is in the CFL not NFL today

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Exactly and why I included it. Up until this game he has been practically non-existant, sitting a fourth in stats amongst the receivers just on the Riders roster. League wide, he had fallen off the bottom of the board. He has a pretty big salary for the CFL and had done nothing to earn it so far this season. You could see the resentment in the body language of his teammates. 

Then he has a game like this. If he could have kept his head in the game and his butt out of trouble, he has the physical assets to be a no. 1 or 2 receiver on any NFL team. Instead he shows up for three of four games a year in the CFL.

Remember how upset the forum was when he was cut to the PS? People swore some team was going to snatch him up. No one ever did....

6 minutes ago, watter said:

Exactly and why I included it. Up until this game he has been practically non-existant, sitting a fourth in stats amongst the receivers just on the Riders roster. League wide, he had fallen off the bottom of the board. He has a pretty big salary for the CFL and had done nothing to earn it so far this season. You could see the resentment in the body language of his teammates. 

Then he has a game like this. If he could have kept his head in the game and his butt out of trouble, he has the physical assets to be a no. 1 or 2 receiver on any NFL team. Instead he shows up for three of four games a year in the CFL.

Agreed he has been very non existent this season 

Remember how upset the forum was when he was cut to the PS? People swore some team was going to snatch him up. No one ever did....

I had high hopes for him 

I thought he got way too much stock because of his last name. Seemed no better than your average 6th round receiver on tape.

18 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I thought he got way too much stock because of his last name. Seemed no better than your average 6th round receiver on tape.

The problem with players like Carter is they frequently don't play up to their capabilities. They coast along on their physical gifts, then all of a sudden they wake up and we see what they really could have been. Then they goes back to sleep for the rest of the game, or the next few games - or the rest of their short careers. 

Despite having had some great games for Montreal, they cut him because of his inconsistencies and his attitude. Jones in Saskatchewan signed him, just like he picked up Vince Young, hoping he could get something out of him. Young ended up going the same route as every other ex-NFL QB not named Flutie. Unless Carter can start producing like this game, on a reasonably regular basis, I'm sure Carter will be joining Young in the "out-of-football" crowd by season's end.

• 2 weeks later...