Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New highest paid player in the NFL

jvan1973

Blake Bortles was drafted third by the Jaguars, and Johnny Manziel was drafted 22nd by the Browns. The Raiders took Carr at 36, and they are now probably the 2nd best team in the AFC. 

You can't say the Browns and Jaguars haven't had their chances.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Blake Bortles was drafted third by the Jaguars, and Johnny Manziel was drafted 22nd by the Browns. The Raiders took Carr at 36, and they are now probably the 2nd best team in the AFC. 

You can't say the Browns and Jaguars haven't had their chances.

Well then again, the Browns have had like, what, 30 chances?

Good for Carr but I hear some people saying he is better than Andrew media wise. Lets see him win a Playoff game first before we anoint this guy the next coming. Andrew has won 3 Playoff games and been in a Championship Game with a mediocre Defense, no Run game, and bad O.Line. Many in here even think Chuck sucks, Andrew was a total powerhouse for 3 years when you think about it. Carr needs to win in the Playoffs.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Message to all young students, "put down the books and grab a ball".

For real.  I look at that, then I look at this:

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/business-executives/neil-degrasse-tyson-net-worth/

...then I vomit...

Gates, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Buffet, etc. make a strong counter-argument, though (especially when you look at the minuscule success rate of professional players).

Let's not forget that when it comes to the most important number -- GURANTEED DOLLARS --- the number one highest paid player is STILL Andrew Luck.      His contract guaranteed him $87 Mill.     Carr's only guarantees $70 Million.

Here's an ESPN story from this week which shows, the total dollars,  and the GUARANTEED DOLLARS for everym starting QB in the NFL....     that's the one to pay attention to.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19705736/what-every-nfl-starting-quarterback-makes-2017

David Carr is the one I really respect in this scenario for showing his younger brother lessons he learned in the NFL. I bet David wishes that he had Derek's o-line when he was drafted by the Texans in 2002. 

Derek works his tail off, always praises everybody else around him, is easy to root for, & he will win a ring someday. 

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

"highest paid player" only lasts one season.. who's gonna be next? Teddy Bridgwater?

I suspect Matthew Stafford in Detroit. 

Either that or Kirk Cousins who after this yr moves to the Bay Area & plays for San Fran in 49ers Country. 

Kyle Shanahan & Cousins would turn around that franchise & make them relevant again pretty darn quick. 

On June 23, 2017 at 1:24 PM, RockThatBlue said:

That's one expensive carr.

4 thumbs up for this clever & funny reply RTB. :thmup::thmup::thmup::thmup:

I wonder what a Black Hole sweet ride would literally be. A slick BMW decked out with tinted windows & bullet proof glass painted silver & black with the Al Davis slogan: 'Just Win Baby' inscribed on both doors?  

Yeah I know, Derek is a modest guy. I just hope he blows some of that money on a nice gift for himself & that he takes great care of his linemen of course. 

Now you know the fate of the Raiders. Overpaying a quarterback never ends well....

Carr is good but he hasn't won a SB to warrant that kind of insane contract. The Raiders are going to be strapped down paying for him, which will hurt that team in the long run as it did the Saints in 2012 and Baltimore a few years ago when they overpaid Flacco. 

I can't wait for Green Bay to overpay Rodgers. I am looking forward to this, cause no one will be able to complain about the Packers defense terrible anymore when they spend all that money on Rodgers. 

39 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Now you know the fate of the Raiders. Overpaying a quarterback never ends well....

Carr is good but he hasn't won a SB to warrant that kind of insane contract. The Raiders are going to be strapped down paying for him, which will hurt that team in the long run as it did the Saints in 2012 and Baltimore a few years ago when they overpaid Flacco. 

I can't wait for Green Bay to overpay Rodgers. I am looking forward to this, cause no one will be able to complain about the Packers defense terrible anymore when they spend all that money on Rodgers. 

Overpaying good qbs is what nfl teams have to do.