Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre Training Camp 53 man roster

CR91

QB-Luck, Tolzien (2)

RB-Gore, Turbin, Mack (3)

WR-Hilton,Moncrief,Dorsett, Aikens,Rogers(5)

TE-Doyle,Swoope,Williams(3)

LT-Castonzo,Cooper (2)

LG-Mewhort (1)

C-Kelly,Schwenke (2)

RG-Haeg,Good (2)

RT-Clark,Banner (2)

DE-Langford,Ridgeway, (2)

NT-Hankins, Parry, Woods (3)

DT-Anderson, Stewart, Hunt (3)

OLB-Simon, Mingo (2)

ILB-Bostic,Walker,Morrison (3)

ILB-Spence,Jackson (2)

OLB-Shread, Basham, Ayers (3)

CB-Davis,Wilson,Melvin,Morris,Hairston (5)

S-Geathers,Hooker, Butler,Farley, Green (5)

K-Adam

P-Sanchez

LS-Hennessy 

PS-Sickles,Crossan, Morris, Aliie-Cox, Daniels, Graham Jr., Muir, Natson, Powell, Wylie

I few things about my prediction.

1.I only have two QBs instead of three because I fully believe Luck will be ready week 1, 

2.We're only carrying three rbs for a few reasons, one I feel like we have a lot more talent to carry on defense then on offense and two I am not in favor of any of the backs past those three. Maybe Crossan, but we can get him on the PS.

3. I kept 8 dlineman which I know is a lot, but I felt like this was probably our best position group on the team and I wanted to keep as many as possible. Unfortunately I  had to cut mcgill which was tough, but I think Ballard really wants to booster the size of the defense and mcgill at 6 foot 300 pounds was a little lacking. I also think he wants to make our run defense better and mcgill was more for pass rushing and with guys like hankins langford and anderson able to apply pressure, it makes mcgil expandable. 

4. I have Bostic starting mostly because the coaches continue to rave about him and his ability to play in space, pair that with spence being more of a run defender and that could make for a good tandem. I still think walker will eventually become the starter and leader of this defense in the future, but for now it is Bostic and Spence.

5. I have us keeping Sanchez instead of locke. Dont be surprised if this actually happens. Locke has an average leg with his power not even close to Patty Mac little do though, but Sanchez has a powerful leg and has done all three phases of kicking FG,punts, and kickoffs.

4 hours ago, twfish said:

I would like to see Morris take over for tolzien personally, everything else I pretty well agree with

If for whatever reason Luck isn't ready week 1 I would put Morris as starter over Tolzien because I think we are more likely to win with Morris than Tolzien mainly because Tolzien sucks.

I think we go with 6 CB's Ballard has singled Milton out. I think he is on the roster. If Geathers is a go it could be at Green's expense. TJ is in trouble with Farley currently ahead of him.  I don't see Morrison making the team. Dude can't move. McGill I have in. Who's returning KO's? I think we go 4 RB's Pope v Crossan for that spot. 

The PS Jhaustin Thomas and T Smith 

I think Vujnovich makes it, he has been seeing time at guard in practice, which should add some value as a backup if he shows promise there. 

The tough cuts will be on the DL... The competition there is real. TC and preseason will be time to "live it" as Ballard is fond of saying.

18 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Pretty solid projection, though with Michael on IR I think we lose one of the DL (probably parry) you have on there and keep either Ferguson or Bray to return kicks and play ST.

rogers can return kicks

On June 16, 2017 at 0:19 PM, CR91 said:

QB-Luck, Tolzien (2)

LT-Castonzo,Cooper (2)

LG-Mewhort (1)

C-Kelly,Schwenke (2)

RG-Haeg,Good (2)

RT-Clark,Banner (2)

OLB-Simon, Mingo (2)

ILB-Spence,Jackson (2)

K-Adam

P-Sanchez

LS-Hennessy 

PS-Sickles,Crossan, Morris, Aliie-Cox, Daniels, Graham Jr., Muir, Natson, Powell, Wylie

1.I only have two QBs instead of three because I fully believe Luck will be ready week 1, 

2.We're only carrying three rbs for a few reasons, one I feel like we have a lot more talent to carry on defense then on offense and two I am not in favor of any of the backs past those three. Maybe Crossan, but we can get him on the PS.

3. I kept 8 dlineman which I know is a lot, but I felt like this was probably our best position group on the team and I wanted to keep as many as possible. Unfortunately I  had to cut mcgill which was tough, but I think Ballard really wants to booster the size of the defense and mcgill at 6 foot 300 pounds was a little lacking. I also think he wants to make our run defense better and mcgill was more for pass rushing and with guys like hankins langford and anderson able to apply pressure, it makes mcgil expandable. 

4. I have Bostic starting mostly because the coaches continue to rave about him and his ability to play in space, pair that with spence being more of a run defender and that could make for a good tandem. I still think walker will eventually become the starter and leader of this defense in the future, but for now it is Bostic and Spence.

5. I have us keeping Sanchez instead of locke. Dont be surprised if this actually happens. Locke has an average leg with his power not even close to Patty Mac little do though, but Sanchez has a powerful leg and has done all three phases of kicking FG,punts, and kickoffs.

A well written post CR91. As always. I just am not ready to think about lineups quite yet. Way too early for that right now. I like how you explained your lineup in detail though just to tap into your reasoning/motivation. Nice work. 

On 6/16/2017 at 9:59 PM, JRnINDY said:

Makes sense, but I feel McGill over Parry

On 6/16/2017 at 5:51 PM, IndyScribe said:

Sounds good, although I'd take McGill over one of the DTs. 

On 6/17/2017 at 11:09 PM, Hoosiernsavga said:

I agree as some of the other posters have stated, I like everything but McGill should make the roster. And I would say it's over Parry or maybe Hunt if Parry shows out. 

T.Y. McGill? Didn't he sign with the Broncos? Or Raiders? 

On 6/16/2017 at 1:19 PM, CR91 said:

QB-Luck, Tolzien (2)

LT-Castonzo,Cooper (2)

LG-Mewhort (1)

C-Kelly,Schwenke (2)

RG-Haeg,Good (2)

RT-Clark,Banner (2)

OLB-Simon, Mingo (2)

ILB-Spence,Jackson (2)

K-Adam

P-Sanchez

LS-Hennessy 

At this time of year, your guess is as good a guess as any.

I do think you are heavy on d-linemen though.  The back-end roster guys need to contribute on special teams (kick coverage) and that is not something that guys generally do.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:31 PM, akcolt said:

I think we go with 6 CB's Ballard has singled Milton out. I think he is on the roster. If Geathers is a go it could be at Green's expense. TJ is in trouble with Farley currently ahead of him.  I don't see Morrison making the team. Dude can't move. McGill I have in. Who's returning KO's? I think we go 4 RB's Pope v Crossan for that spot. 

The PS Jhaustin Thomas and T Smith 

Butler can play S and CB, so I tend to agree w/ CR91's projection (maybe not all the players, but with the numbers in the secondary).  Also, Green's ST abilities should help him out a lot.