Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck interview

TKnight24

I don't know if I'm alone, but I don't fully understand the rationale of being so secretive regarding the plans for return of Luck, Ridgeway or Geathers. We intelligent enough to know that they are just plans and as is the case with injuries, sometimes plans have to be adjusted. Who is the pressure on? The players? The doctors? 

9 hours ago, bleevit said:

I don't know if I'm alone, but I don't fully understand the rationale of being so secretive regarding the plans for return of Luck, Ridgeway or Geathers. We intelligent enough to know that they are just plans and as is the case with injuries, sometimes plans have to be adjusted. Who is the pressure on? The players? The doctors? 

While I understand all the concern about Luck there is still close to three months before the season starts so IMO it's not panic time yet.

14 hours ago, bleevit said:

I think the reason they are being secretive for Andrew is this:

He is one of the biggest names in football, obviously our star QB. So lets say they go out and give a time table of no later than Late July. What if Andrew has a super minor set back and won't be quite ready then? The national media would blow up, questions would poor in. It is a minor distraction right now, but could you imagine how big it would be if the team gave a date and Andrew missed it? I'm sure they have a date, but a little white lie doesn't hurt anyone. It definitely helps, and I'm sure they are taking it slow with him.

As for the other guys like Ridgeway and Geathers, I'm sure its somewhat the same mentality of just not giving a date incase if they miss it, and they don't have to give one, so why give one? Obviously if they don't meet a date given the only people who would really care are in Colts nation and the national media wouldn't pick up on it. But I think it's still somewhat the same idea as the Luck injury.

Just my two cents though.