Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donte Moncrief Tweet

Case

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No matter how you slice it, it makes for good conditioning.

Agree.  I also like the thoughts of Pags Making them work that hard in those conditions.

If I remember correctly,  there were players that thought practices could be harder.  Maybe the coaching staff will crank it up a bit this year with a younger core?

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Maybe it'll finally make us a tough team

Honestly,   I don't recall a time in my five years as a fan when the Colts weren't a tough team.

We were a tough team when the Colts were going 11-5 in Pagano's first three years and the reason why we went 8-8 for two years was (A) in 15 we used 5 different QB's and in 16 we had a terrible defense lacking talent.

But I don't think we lacked toughness....

But your mileage may vary.....

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly,   I don't recall a time in my five years as a fan when the Colts weren't a tough team.

We were a tough team when the Colts were going 11-5 in Pagano's first three years and the reason why we went 8-8 for two years was (A) in 15 we used 5 different QB's and in 16 we had a terrible defense lacking talent.

I don't think so. It always seems to be lacking something when we're playing teams like Steelers or pats. We don't show up. Maybe its lack of toughness maybe it's not. All I know is something about this team needs to change if we wanna get past this hurdle

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't think so. It always seems to be lacking something when we're playing teams like Steelers or pats. We don't show up. Maybe its lack of toughness maybe it's not. All I know is something about this team needs to change if we wanna get past this hurdle

Exactly right CR91. Nicely put. 

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It always seems to be lacking something when we're playing teams like Steelers or pats. We don't show up.

Thank you for crystalizing the situation so well & saying what needed to be said like you always do. Preach...

4 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Hard work pays off!  I live in southwest Florida and know all about humidity.....

What comes after the...no creampuffs allowed? I'm not mocking you at all. I just like the tenacity of your post. 

Can you coach our defensive line RR7? We would be mean & nasty under your tutelage & supervision man. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

We lack talent.

We're not the only team that gets run over by the Pats and the Steelers.      Most everyone else in the NFL does too.

Hopefully things will change under Ballard.     He's had a promising first half year so far........

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We're not the only team that gets run over by the Pats and the Steelers.      Most everyone else in the NFL does too.

Usually one of those teams is a thorn in their backside not both squads like Bill & Mike's organizations are in reference to us [meaning INDY] though NCF. 

I can rationalize a loss to NE because I respected Bill from his NY Giants days as DC & even Reggie Wayne said Bill was like no other HC he'd ever been taught by before. 

It's Steelers losses that get under my skin though because we're not even competitive at all in any quarter with them. INDY always gets humiliated by them on NATL TV especially if it's MNF or SNF & I hate that. I really do. 

I respect Big Ben & Mike Tomlin. I have nothing against either man personally. It's just that we will never win another SB, if we can't beat Pittsburgh. I can be patient, but I need to see signs or flashes that the Colts are no longer a laughing stock against the killer bees in the playoffs my friend. 

Give me like a 10 minute stretch where Tomlin is looking at his DC like don't make me come over there & start calling plays. The Steelers don't really think INDY can get a W against them right now. Show me stages where we can hang not dominate them for 1 quarter minimum. That'd be a good start. Just so fans can go we had them on the ropes & anxious for about 12 minutes. The arrow is starting to point up. I'm not greedy. That's all I want as a springboard for now. Something positive to hang my hat on. 

You made good points NCF. I wasn't mad at you. Just frustrated that the Steelers have had our number for awhile now that's all. I apologize if I came across as dismissive or lashing out at you. That wasn't my intention. You're a talented writer on here. I just get upset over hitting the same black & yellow wall. 

I'm working through it gradually--My realistic expectations for where we are defensively & you're right; we are devoid of talent on defense at the moment, which can't be fixed over 1 season. I agree 100%

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is that all you can bring into the thread? 

It's a valid question, one I was wondering as well.... perhaps this is another case of meddling by Grigs and now the gloves are off with him gone? Or did Chuck finally wake up and decide the Mr nice guy approach was gonna end up costing him his job?

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

It's a valid question, one I was wondering as well.... perhaps this is another case of meddling by Grigs and now the gloves are off with him gone? Or did Chuck finally wake up and decide the Mr nice guy approach was gonna end up costing him his job?

I would go with chuck realizing its a make or break kind of season. The gm should not tell the HC how hard to make the practices. 

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

. Just frustrated that the Steelers have had our number for awhile now

heres a fun stat

the colts are 6-23 all time against the steelers.  we have only beat them 3 times since moving to indy and one of those was in 1984

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

It's Steelers losses that get under my skin though because we're not even competitive at all in any quarter with them. INDY always gets humiliated by them on NATL TV especially if it's MNF or SNF & I hate that. I really do. 

The Colts played 3 times with the Steelers during the Pagano era, and 2 out of the 3 they played without Luck. The first one without Luck was a beatdown in Pittsburgh, that team was all over injured, not just Luck. Hasselbeck could not finish that game neither. The second game was last year in Indy, the Colts QB was Tolzien, and despite the subpar defense last year, they actually put up an admirable effort to stop that Steelers offense.

The only game Luck played against the Steelers was in 2014 in in Pittsburgh. That game was a crazy scoring fest, both teams scoring TD's almost at will. Landy was injured, so Sergio Brown played at FS. Vontae got hurt in the 1st quarter, Josh Gordy and Toler got the job to stop Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant. Well, it didn't go too well with that secondary.... The offense played quite well though. The Steelers got away early by 2 scores aided by a Luck picksix, but then they came back nicely, so the game was a one score game, until Luck thew his second int 5 minutes left from the game. The Steelers took advantage of the short field, got their final TD, then it was pretty much it.

So, imo 3 games, 1 of them being competitive on the road and 2 of them without Luck is not the sample size to say they "always get humiliated". Teams usually got humiliated by elite offenses when they miss their starting QB's and they don't have an absolute stud defense like Denver or Houston. Sometimes even elite defenses got humiliated, if their offenses can't stay on field enough to give them enough time to rest.

Honestly, the only team I think the Colts does have an uphill battle against are the Patriots. That Belichick&Brady duo is too good to beat with a flawed roster. Other than the Patriots, I don't worry about any team in the NFL. Neither the Steelers. They are good yeah, but give this team a healthy Luck, and a not-elite-but-decent defense, and the Colts will be up there with them. As they were up there with practically every other better teams in the past five years, let them be the Seahawks, the Harbaugh Niners, the Ravens, the Bengals, the Giants, the Packers, the Chiefs, the Broncos and so on.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

No, it was a dig on Pagano that has been a long running broken record.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?  The Colts have been a soft finesse team for the last few years. The have been run over and couldn't run the ball. I don't consider that the definition of a tough team.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your right mental toughness the Colts have had, A physicality or Physical toughness Is what I would like to see more, and I bet Pagano too. I want the Colts to go out and just whip the opponent PHYSICAL!!

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

It always seems to be lacking something when we're playing teams like Steelers

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

It's Steelers losses that get under my skin though because we're not even competitive at all in any quarter with them.

I remember that one game when we were lacking Vontae Davis, and nobody could cover Antonio Brown.

But every team that plays the Steelers suffers the same problem.  Nobody can cover Antonio Brown.

3 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Really?  The Colts have been a soft finesse team for the last few years. The have been run over and couldn't run the ball. I don't consider that the definition of a tough team.

I think we lacked talent,  but not toughness...

2 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Your right mental toughness the Colts have had, A physicality or Physical toughness Is what I would like to see more, and I bet Pagano too. I want the Colts to go out and just whip the opponent PHYSICAL!!

I do too.

I think we'll be able to do that more this year because this team has much,, much more talent than the last two year's teams did....

the best teams practice very hard and do not fool around with players feelings. Belichick, Tomlin, Carroll and many others run grueling practices and it pays off 

By the way if you type Belichek the spell checker tries to change it to "bellyache" lol or even funnier or to the point "bellicose" (look it up)

On 6/14/2017 at 8:29 AM, crazycolt1 said:

No, it was a dig on Pagano that has been a long running broken record.

No, it was not a dig on Pagano.  The question is why now, this offseason, after having two or three with the Colts before, did Moncrief have the hardest practice of his life.  What is the significance?  

Why does this tweet matter?  The HC is the same guy who held the previous less than toughest practices of his life.

Maybe it was the humidity. Maybe he's trying harder during a contract year.

Or maybe people simply think a new GM changes everything for the better, when it really doesn't.