Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen struggling in New England so far

AZColt11

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

This is newsworthy?  I bet every coach on every team does this when a player that previously played for another team makes a mistake.  It's a way to knock a rival, set expectations and build team pride.

and how can you be struggling in OTAs when you are a multi-year vet?

Its June

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2017 at 0:21 AM, AZColt11 said:

According to a source from camp, Belichick ripped into Allen after numerous drops, Belichick shouted to him “This isn’t Indy, those drops matter here”.

This may be my most favorite quote ever from Belichick. Damn right, this isn’t Indy, we don’t hang participation banners, this is the big show. If you can’t get on the same page, you sit, or better yet, get cut.

http://www.offthemonstersports.com/2017/06/belichick-telling-former-colts-te-dwayne-allen-who-struggled-with-drops-this-isnt-indy-pumps-me-up/

Belichick said the samething I once said about divisional banners. It means nothing. If you want to be champions, 2nd place don't count. Stop settling (accepting or being happy) for Divisional champions, Teams like the PATS, PITTS, SEAHAWKS, etc are laughing running circles around "division Champs". Superbowl or Else. 

You might not wanna hear it, but there's a reason why teams like Pats, Pitts, Seahawks are in the conversation of Superbowl year in and year out, while teams like Indy are in the discussion of Division champs. Adjust our focus.  (Yes I know division champs are step 1, but after that, it doesn't matter).

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:21 AM, AZColt11 said:

“This isn’t Indy, those drops matter here”.

"This isn't rest of the NFL , those drops matter here.

Fixed it for ya Bill. New England is the other place in the land where players don't fumble, throw interceptions, jump offsides, hold, drop a pass, sneeze cough or * without asking. We don't strive for perfection. We just happen to be perfection.

8 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Do you think it's possible he gets cut, or is that impossible given his contract?

I don't know the current status of DA's contract and how it impacts NE, but I believe it was fairly front loaded by Grigson, paying him a lot last season.  Not knowing the specifics, I don't think the cap hit to NE would impact any decision to cut him.

4.5 cap hit won't stop Belichick from cutting Allen if he thinks so. He will not be shy to make the move just because he spent a 4th rounder on him a couple of month ago neither

What might be on Allen's side is that the Pats are surprisingly thin at TE at the moment, outside of Gronk and Allen. They have O'Shaughnessy, whos been traded this year from Kansas, a guy who's yet to catch an NFL pass. And they have Matt Lengel their own 2016 UDFA, who they use mostly in spec team an at blocking, and they have 2 new 2017 UDFA's. Considering Gonks injury history, even the Allen we saw last year is better option than those other guys. So, unless he really falls apart or does something stupid, I think his roster spot is safe for 2017. But for 2017 only.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:21 AM, AZColt11 said:

According to a source from camp, Belichick ripped into Allen after numerous drops, Belichick shouted to him “This isn’t Indy, those drops matter here”.

This may be my most favorite quote ever from Belichick. Damn right, this isn’t Indy, we don’t hang participation banners, this is the big show. If you can’t get on the same page, you sit, or better yet, get cut.

http://www.offthemonstersports.com/2017/06/belichick-telling-former-colts-te-dwayne-allen-who-struggled-with-drops-this-isnt-indy-pumps-me-up/

Yeah they may cheat BUT they're a whole heck of a lot more disciplined also.  You screw up over there you won't last long.  You can ride out a couple years of doing nothing for the Colts. haha 

I'll still always bring it up and never forget when I peed on Dwayne Allen's little pug Roxy.  Buddy used to date his dog/house sitter, she brought him over and we all tied one on and I was outside and Roxy just kind of walked into a bad area and was peed on.

I've pretty much forgot about him.  I liked what he did for the community but he's isolated himself from people in Indy he knew well, removing them from Twitter, not reaching back to others, so I don't feel to bad for him.  Sides he has a good shot at getting a ring even if he's on the bench and is getting paid millions.