Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pats Latest SB Ring Diamond Count

King Colt

1 last note to Bogie: 

I promise to respond to the detailed feedback you left about Rex & Rob Ryan regarding that bar fight as well as your keen insights on hair metal in your status update my friend. I've just been swamped lately. I wasn't blowing you off. I don't do that to smart people I hold in the highest regard. I didn't want you mad at me that's all. 

Okay, back on topic...

18 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Image result for regular ring next to SB ring

When you make a ring big enough to be a Texas belt buckle, you can fit more bling on it.  :P

haha

Beautiful rings. A bit large for my tastes but how can anyone say no to 228 diamonds?

I will admit that if the Colts ever had a comeback like that in the Super Bowl, I would probably want to never forget it too with symbolism.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Anyone remember the 2004 Yankees?

Enough said.

yankees-red-sox-rivalry.jpg

When you win 40% of the pennants in the first 100 years, blowing a 3-0 lead in the ALCS is bound to happen. If only Manny and Papi weren't on steroids.

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I wish NFL Network would do a show on the criteria for creating a SB ring. Is there a standard layout & owners who win SBs get to enhance a basic platform design? Who gets to brainstorm ideas with Tiffany's beyond the owner? Is the HC allowed to offer commentary? The QB?

Are say 3 design options given & integral staff members & elite players allowed to vote on the one they like the best? Or are all players left totally in the dark for maximum intrigue & surprise? 

Ever since I was a little kid, I've wanted a key into the restricted area pulling back the curtain of modern mysteries I guess. I like watching the process of how stuff gets created from an idea to shiny bling in the end. 

Sidenote: After I get a window into SB ring creation, my next thing would be how Oscar winning films are chosen by the Academy of Motion Pictures too. I just saw Manchester By The Sea yesterday. A worthless film & there's no way in hades Casey Affleck should have won a golden statue. Are you kidding me? SMH. Total garbage IMO. End rant. 

SW...take a look ;)

50 minutes ago, bababooey said:

When you win 40% of the pennants in the first 100 years, blowing a 3-0 lead in the ALCS is bound to happen. If only Manny and Papi weren't on steroids.

LMAO... you're the ultimate hater, I have to hand it to you. 

Pretty "clean" era of baseball except for those cheatin' no-good Sox. :lol:  I would bet that half the rosters of both teams were juicing on something back then. 

40 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The rings have become huge, gaudy, obnoxious and stupid looking. The NFL needs to switch to championship belts like pro wresters & boxers wear. Much more photogenic. The pawn shops in America are full of SB rings.

They've become something that no one would ever really wear around... not that most people would be donning that thing daily, like a wedding ring. 

From the first one to the most recent...

Image result for first super bowl ring

Image result for patriots super bowl rings

26 minutes ago, GoPats said:

LMAO... you're the ultimate hater, I have to hand it to you. 

Pretty "clean" era of baseball except for those cheatin' no-good Sox. :lol:  I would bet that half the rosters of both teams were juicing on something back then. 

You are correct.

15 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

SW...take a look ;)

Thank you for this video D13. It answers all the big questions I ever had about the procedure from start to finish. A computer program at Jostens & the owner gets the final say on the grand reveal to the team, coaches, & select staff members. Cool. Congratulations again on your 5th Championship NE fans. I sincerely mean that. Every ring is earned & Brady had quite a yr. 

Speaking of Championships, today on my DVR I watched a Dr. Phil program where the host had a 1 on 1 interview with Shayanna Jenkins, the former fiancee of Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez. Let's get a few formalities out of the way first: 1. I don't hold Coach BB or owner Robert Kraft for drafting him to play on your team in Massachusetts at all. He was an incredible offensive weapon on the field who would have won hardware himself had he not murdered Odin Lloyd at gunpoint. There's no way any GM, HC, or CEO of a premier franchise in the NFL would ever think their elite TE after getting a $40,000,000 contract would believe that a well liked player/difference maker would literally throw their entire life away doing something so stupid & depraved period. 2. I don't cast any negative aspirations against fans who rooted for him on the field because he was on pace to becoming a HOF player had he kept his nose clean & just continued to catch TDs alongside Gronk. That's a fact. 3. The reason I am even discussing this tragedy at all is because I am always fascinated by high profile figures who have the American Dream within their grasp & squander all that opportunity away for selfish & foolish reasons. 4. Yes, I know Dr. Phil is a quack & just barely above tabloid sensationalism regarding his advice & commentary I realize that. However, what intrigued me in this murder case & later prison suicide at Shirley Correctional Facility in Massachusetts was his girlfriend's perspective on the whole situation. 

Even though Shayanna had a very large diamond ring on her finger from her high school sweetheart Aaron Hernandez, the couple was never legally married in the eyes of the state. They did give birth to a little girl named Avielle Janelle Hernandez though. Shayanna claimed in the interview that she did change or take her lover's last name though. I didn't know you change your last name legally without getting hitched. Is this a common law thing? I know Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell have been a couple for decades with no marriage certificate, but you don't see them adopting their partner's last name. Strange. Look, I know a person can pay to change their birth certificate to return to their maiden family name before they walked down the aisle. I just had no idea you could take your boyfriend's last name without a blood test & legal state marriage license that's all. 

Apparently, Shayanna had no idea that Aaron was part of a gangster lifestyle capable of shooting anyone. She just saw a loving/tender side of him & her only interaction with Aaron's unsavory friends was cooking food for them occasionally while she left him & his buddies alone to talk sports & bond alone. 

Shay for short never told her daughter that her daddy did anything wrong just that once in awhile they visit the place where he works. Okay, I get it she's young & wouldn't understand the concept of cold blooded murder or lifelong incarceration. But didn't Avielle start to wonder why her father never got to come home with them? 

Shayanna doesn't want to believe that the love of her life was capable of such cruelty & I think part of it is this: If she admitted that her boyfriend killed 3 people, then she be forced to question how she could have been romantically duped by such a monster or that his stupidity put the financial security of his wife & daughter that he swore he loved dearly. According to the trial itself, the prosecution believes that Shayanna got rid of a heavy garbage bag with the weapon that killed Odin Lloyd inside of it. She asserts that Aaron asked her to dispose of the trash bag even though she had no idea of the contents inside. 

Aaron Hernandez had everything man--A pretty wife, a beautiful daughter, life changing money in his bank account, a plush new mansion to live in, luxurious cars to drive, a premier NFL team to play for, legitimate SuperBowls to compete in down the road, & an enthusiastic Boston fan base that revered him & cheered him on during the season. Why wash all those perks down the drain? Alright, I know his dad dying messed him up, but most people who go through the loss of a beloved parent don't turn into a criminal packing heat though. 

The other strange thing was Shayanna's refusal to believe that Aaron committed suicide in prison with a bed sheet. Come on lady, I sympathize with your pain of losing your soulmate & father of your daughter but come on. The guards didn't assassinate your husband or encourage other inmates to do it for cigarettes or other privileges. That's crazy. I think what happened is he got gang rapped in prison by force which jeopardized his masculinity compelling him to end his life or he couldn't handle the prospect of being locked in a cage until he died having all your movements controlled by the warden & his or her staff. 

There was an alleged rumor that Aaron Hernandez was attracted to the same sex in the joint, but I don't buy that & neither does Shayanna either. Fall from grace stories are always compelling. Dr. Phil talked about Aaron's suicide note at the scene. He feels that the note was sort of a last will & testament to his wife confirming as his sole heir she was now "rich" & set for life. Aaron was foreshadowing in their final phone call as a couple that he was ready to leave this world. Shayanna believes however that Aaron was happy & thought he was coming home. What? He was never gonna get paroled lady. Maybe coming home meant crossing over into the afterlife. That seems closer to the truth to me. 

Shayanna Jenkins also said she thinks the note wasn't her man's handwriting either. Oh brother. Denial is not a river in Egypt darling. Wow. I cannot defend that assertion at all. 

Here's a picture of Shayanna & Arielle in court. The 2 people who should have motivated Aaron not to kill anyone IMO: 

I place all the blame on Aaron Hernandez not his wife & child BTW. 

shayanna-jenkins-2000.jpg?w=2000

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Have you ever noticed Jon Gruden fidgeting with his ring on camera?  It's obviously too big to wear like it's a regular ring.  I like Frank Caliendo poking fun at it:

Image result for jon gruden SB ring gif

What makes you say that?!

On 6/14/2017 at 8:19 AM, King Colt said:

The rings have become huge, gaudy, obnoxious and stupid looking. The NFL needs to switch to championship belts like pro wresters & boxers wear.

I doubt you would be saying this if it was your team with one of those new rings. lmao

NFL rings aren't the only ones that have dramatically changed over the years. Have you seen NBA championship rings since the 90's? They are a lot flashier and prettier from the generic designs of the old eras. 

College football rings have become flashy too and almost look like SB rings. Plus, the winner of the championship receives 3 rings; counting their conference title and division title championship games. 

Here are the 3 rings Alabama receives for their last championship title; all of which could pass for NFL rings.  

Image result for alabama 2015 championship ring

On 6/22/2017 at 10:03 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

2:12 left in the 3rd?! Get thee behind me satan!

lmao You are funny with this.

I know though, it's insane. I mean literally when you think back to this SB and how much NE defied pure logic......it is pure INSANITY.  One thing for sure with the Pats, they always deliver a good super bowl win or lose. 

10 hours ago, Jules said:

One thing for sure with the Pats, they always deliver a good super bowl win or lose. 

I've always said this.  Before i die, I want to get drunk in the second quarter of a Patriots blowout.  Three of their championships, I was exhausted and speechless...good for nothing but bed...at the end of the game.  The most fun I ever had at a sbowl was manning getting spanked by the hawks.  just brought home a 60" plasma and was a little tipsy at kickoff.  Had no 'horse' in the race, but was delighted to see the anointed one get his comeuppance.  

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:58 AM, Jules said:

I know though, it's insane. I mean literally when you think back to this SB and how much NE defied pure logic......it is pure INSANITY.  One thing for sure with the Pats, they always deliver a good super bowl win or lose. 

Tell that to the 85 Bears.