Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pats Latest SB Ring Diamond Count

King Colt

No more cheesy than the $24.10 grocery bill for Peyton in the Direct TV commercial correlated to his Broncos' 24-10 win over the Panthers.

It's their moment that they earned, let them have it their way!!! That is how I see it.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Image result for regular ring next to SB ring

When you make a ring big enough to be a Texas belt buckle, you can fit more bling on it.  :P

haha

Zoinks!

Well, all I can say is those rings must be V pricey.  If Kraft is willing to spend it then it's fine by me

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

The Pats last SB ring has 283 diamonds in them for the 28-3 comeback. Cheesey? In your face? Or OK?

I don't think it's cheesy or a troll job, honestly. A lot of teams put some additional symbolism in their championship rings...many times it has to do with diamond count. The Patriots' 2004 rings have 21 diamonds around the logo to represent their winning streak that season, I think one of their others had a certain number of diamonds representing their home win streak at the time...stuff like that.

If I remember correctly, I think the Colts ring had a red rivet or something on the horse shoe to represent blood and leaving it all out on the field.

It's a nice way to add a bit of a personal touch to the bond of a championship team and what it means.

10 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I don't think it's cheesy or a troll job, honestly. A lot of teams put some additional symbolism in their championship rings...many times it has to do with diamond count. The Patriots' 2004 rings have 21 diamonds around the logo to represent their winning streak that season, I think one of their others had a certain number of diamonds representing their home win streak at the time...stuff like that.

If I remember correctly, I think the Colts ring had a red rivet or something on the horse shoe to represent blood and leaving it all out on the field.

It's a nice way to add a bit of a personal touch to the bond of a championship team and what it means.

Boston's little brother syndrome.

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Honestly those rings are so huge they look uncomfortable to wear.  

That's the case with all SB rings though. 

Some people wear them all the time, I met Joseph Addai and saw his ring close up and it looked really beat up, like the blue horseshoe jewel cracked, several missing diamonds, and the metal faded and scratched (obviously not platinum).

5 minutes ago, bababooey said:

New York City, obviously.

So....you're saying that the fact the Patriots put symbolism in their championship rings is proof that the city is overcompensating for their desire to be like New York? That we somehow have a big brother complex even though a generation and a half have now grown up literally seeing New York's 37 teams collectively win once?

That's a bit of a stretch, bud. I know you've spent some time here, but your expertise on the area is a bit dated...

Just now, dynasty13 said:

So....you're saying that the fact the Patriots put symbolism in their championship rings is proof that the city is overcompensating for their desire to be like New York? That we somehow have a big brother complex even though a generation and a half have now grown up literally seeing New York's 37 teams collectively win once?

That's a bit of a stretch, bud. I know you've spent some time here, but your expertise on the area is a bit dated...

Not really, since I have lived in both areas my whole life.

9 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Well that seals it, I guess!

Everyone outside of the area sees it too. One city is the center of the world, the other a great regional city. Great sports teams, no doubt. But nobody forgets how athletes like Joel Ward, Adam Jones, or the Senators get treated there by racist, garbage throwing fans.

8 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Everyone outside of the area sees it too. One city is the center of the world, the other a great regional city. Great sports teams, no doubt. But nobody forgets how athletes like Joel Ward, Adam Jones, or the Senators get treated there by racist, garbage throwing fans.

No doubt every city has its bad fans, and up here there is an unfortunate history of poor race relations that goes back further than within the sports context. But that has nothing to do with what we're talking about...and for some reason you are feeling compelled to use it to talk down on the place that was good enough for you to live in and learn in, but now that you've left it has apparently fallen so far down that only the scum of the earth still live here. 

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

You being a member here, on a Colts forum, that only comes in to defend or gloat about the Pats on a random Tuesday morning is a perfect example as well.

And please, I've been a member of this forum for over a decade. I'm not gloating about anything 'on a random Tuesday'...I'm responding in a thread talking about the hidden symbolism in many championship rings. I didn't rush here and post a picture of the Patriots ring and disparage anyone...a Colts fan started a topic about the ring's symbolism and I chose to contribute. I apologize if that offended you in any way.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

This is how MOST of Boston responded to what happened with ONE FAN yelling racist comments at Adam Jones...

So yeah... don't do that. We may not always agree, but you're better than that. You don't paint an entire region of people with the same brush because one racist donkey did something ridiculously inappropriate and offensive. 

10 minutes ago, bababooey said:

You being a member here, on a Colts forum, that only comes in to defend or gloat about the Pats on a random Tuesday morning is a perfect example as well.

i always get a kick out of that too

i think its borderline trolling for them to come to this colts forum to gloat when they win and the vast majority of them would never post here when they lose

4 minutes ago, GoPats said:

This is how MOST of Boston responded to what happened with ONE FAN yelling racist comments at Adam Jones...

So yeah... don't do that. We may not always agree, but you're better than that. You don't paint an entire region of people with the same brush because one racist donkey did something ridiculously inappropriate and offensive. 

I didn't mention it being one fan, it was more than one as Jones (and CC Sabathia later) said. I also mentioned Joel Ward of the Caps, who was taunted by racist fans after eliminating the Bruins in 2012, and the Ottawa Senators, who received a confetti of trash after eliminating the Bruins this year. For a city so used to winning, it's pretty ugly to see. It's not one racist donkey lol, there is a reason why Boston has that reputation.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Honestly those rings are so huge they look uncomfortable to wear.  

That's the case with all SB rings though. 

Have you ever noticed Jon Gruden fidgeting with his ring on camera?  It's obviously too big to wear like it's a regular ring.  I like Frank Caliendo poking fun at it:

Image result for jon gruden SB ring gif

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Boston's little brother syndrome.

2 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

That we somehow have a big brother complex even though a generation and a half have now grown up literally seeing New York's 37 teams collectively win once?

Easy fellas.  The Giants actually won twice, but that doesn't really make them the big brother since NE has won more than twice that amount.

Maybe NY is a bigger city with more people, but Boston has enjoyed more sports success than just about any city in the country in the past 15 or so years.

Now let's touch gloves and get back to your corners.  Fight's over.  :shake:

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Easy fellas.  The Giants actually won twice, but that doesn't really make them the big brother since NE has won more than twice that amount.

Maybe NY is a bigger city with more people, but Boston has enjoyed more sports success than just about any city in the country in the past 15 or so years.

Wow, what a total brain fart! I completely wasn't even counting the Giants...whoops! I guess I did better than I thought getting those two Superbowls out of my head ;)

Atlanta will forever be remembered as the team who blew a 28-3 lead. 

Happy%203-28%20Day_1490734719393_9058030

Lovely rings. Say what you want about the Patriots, but they certainly make the most beautiful rings of any Super Bowl winning team. Each one has it's own style and class to it. Let the haters complain all they want, they can never take the ring away, no matter how hard they cry over it. 

Thanks again for preventing the Falcons from getting a Lombardi and for completely clowning Roger Goodell. We needed someone to slap Goodell down for good. Saints fans will forever be grateful for this past SB on both counts. Thanks again.  

18 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Yep, I think it's not a direct shot at the falcons but a reminder of the achievement and overcoming the biggest deficit in a sb ever.

That's how I look at it too IWF. No one & I mean no one believed the Pats were going to tie that game up & then win it the way they did. So, if NE wants to commemorate closing that gap in a lopsided game after throwing a rare pick early, Foxboro has earned the right to gloat a little bit or at least brag that they crossed the finish line while Matty Ice choked. Facts are facts. 

25 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

We needed someone to slap Goodell down for good. Saints fans will forever be grateful for this past SB on both counts. Thanks again.  

Bogie, 

Because I respect you, SW1 is going to honest with you & admit that I was wrong about Bounty Gate. I put too much stock in a supposed ledger documenting pay for play hits where the severity of the collisions against N.O. opponents was given a monetary value. Clearly, there was no ledger at all. I just wanted to believe that it existed because DC Gregg Williams allowed his defense to pancake Peyton Manning high & low simultaneously when he was the DC for the Redskins. I was wrong. Sean Payton should have never been banned for coaching for over a yr in the NFL & the Commissioner did not have the factual evidence to verify that players in the Bayou did anything illegal. 

You have a right to be furious at Goodell & I can admit when I bleeped up in my assessment of the Saints staff. 

I kept thinking that this mysterious & so called ledger was going to be released to cooperate the claims of illegal activity & it was never produced. Gavin challenged me on this once saying let's see it already & I let my Manning injury bias that contributed to his neck surgeries cloud my judgment because I disliked Williams & I regret that now. I will own that. 

15 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Image result for regular ring next to SB ring

When you make a ring big enough to be a Texas belt buckle, you can fit more bling on it.  :P

haha

You do bring up an interesting point LCF. I kind of miss the days when SB rings would never be confused with a pair of brass knuckles. Translation: Can't they make Championship rings that look like elegant, sophisticated dinner rings anymore?

Look, I'm not slamming Robert Kraft who I like, I just mean that owners are allowing rings to look like miniature aircraft carriers now. 

11 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Anyone remember the 2004 Yankees?

Enough said.

yankees-red-sox-rivalry.jpg

I wish NFL Network would do a show on the criteria for creating a SB ring. Is there a standard layout & owners who win SBs get to enhance a basic platform design? Who gets to brainstorm ideas with Tiffany's beyond the owner? Is the HC allowed to offer commentary? The QB?

Are say 3 design options given & integral staff members & elite players allowed to vote on the one they like the best? Or are all players left totally in the dark for maximum intrigue & surprise? 

Ever since I was a little kid, I've wanted a key into the restricted area pulling back the curtain of modern mysteries I guess. I like watching the process of how stuff gets created from an idea to shiny bling in the end. 

Sidenote: After I get a window into SB ring creation, my next thing would be how Oscar winning films are chosen by the Academy of Motion Pictures too. I just saw Manchester By The Sea yesterday. A worthless film & there's no way in hades Casey Affleck should have won a golden statue. Are you kidding me? SMH. Total garbage IMO. End rant.