Narcosys

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2017

Recommended Posts

Am I seeing this right - 8 am ET on September 2nd is our draft? At least that is what my notification says. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Am I seeing this right - 8 am ET on September 2nd is our draft? At least that is what my notification says. :) 

 

I saw that too.  I can make it work, but I thought we were doing Sunday, September 3rd, in the afternoon?

 

No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I saw that too.  I can make it work, but I thought we were doing Sunday, September 3rd, in the afternoon?

 

No?

 

As long as it is not a typo, I will be prepared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 3:34 AM, chad72 said:

 

As long as it is not a typo, I will be prepared.

Sorry, I will change it. The app is adjusting to my time zone, I assumed it was basing it off of Est.  Thanks for the catch. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so i set it again to Sep 3rd, 6pm

 (That's for me,  1pm east coast). 

 

I might have to email then if it keeps reverting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ok, so i set it again to Sep 3rd, 6pm

 (That's for me,  1pm east coast). 

 

I might have to email then if it keeps reverting. 

 

It says 1 pm ET, September 3rd now. So looks like it has settled down. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try to go through and figure out the draft order this weekend. Be on the look for your names being tagged.  Like last year, vacated draft positions will be offered up to the person below that vacated spot and then above vacated spot if not taken.  Once it's all settled down, @Lucky Colts Fan get first dibs on one of the two positions, (as he joined first) and then @chad72. Sorry but you'll be getting what's left.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bluefire4

 

You're in second for draft order.  The first position is available if you want. If you don't,  it will be an option for either @Lucky Colts Fan or @chad72to take. No one will be able to jump you. 

 

The 10th draft position is also available. Since I am in the 9th position, and will not be dropping down, that position is locked in.

 

I cannot remember if I offered up vacated spots (because of moves), to other people or left them open. So I will let everyone decide. 

 

For instance,  if bluefire moves up, do I then offer the #2 position to @IndyD4U (and so on) or leave it as one of the spots for the new guys. 

 

That is a lot of movement in draft order, but if someone devises not to move,  it licks the spot. I'm in favor of just one move,  but it's not my choice.  

 

@Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @BPindy

 

 

Just in case there's confusion, If #3 didn't take #2, #4 would not get offered, and #3 would be locked as vacated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@Bluefire4

 

You're in second for draft order.  The first position is available if you want. If you don't,  it will be an option for either @Lucky Colts Fan or @chad72to take. No one will be able to jump you. 

 

The 10th draft position is also available. Since I am in the 9th position, and will not be dropping down, that position is locked in.

 

I cannot remember if I offered up vacated spots (because of moves), to other people or left them open. So I will let everyone decide. 

 

For instance,  if bluefire moves up, do I then offer the #2 position to @IndyD4U (and so on) or leave it as one of the spots for the new guys. 

 

That is a lot of movement in draft order, but if someone devises not to move,  it licks the spot. I'm in favor of just one move,  but it's not my choice.  

 

@Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @BPindy

 

 

 

I will take draft position #10 if @Lucky Colts Fan doesn't want it. 

 

For some reason, I thought I was locked into the #10 position the last time I checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I will take draft position #10 if @Lucky Colts Fan doesn't want it. 

 

For some reason, I thought I was locked into the #10 position the last time I checked.

Nope. It just so happens one of the vacated spots was 10. If i were to take it, then #9 would be available.  

 

But I'm not.   However,  how do you feel about the #1 spot.  If #2 takes it, should I offer #2 to #3, and so on?  

 

Just in case there's confusion, If #3 didn't take #2, #4 would not get offered. 

 

The other option is if #2 takes #1, then #2 is locked as vacated. Which is currently default. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@Bluefire4

 

You're in second for draft order.  The first position is available if you want. If you don't,  it will be an option for either @Lucky Colts Fan or @chad72to take. No one will be able to jump you. 

 

The 10th draft position is also available. Since I am in the 9th position, and will not be dropping down, that position is locked in.

 

I cannot remember if I offered up vacated spots (because of moves), to other people or left them open. So I will let everyone decide. 

 

For instance,  if bluefire moves up, do I then offer the #2 position to @IndyD4U (and so on) or leave it as one of the spots for the new guys. 

 

That is a lot of movement in draft order, but if someone devises not to move,  it licks the spot. I'm in favor of just one move,  but it's not my choice.  

 

@Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @BPindy

 

 

 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

I will take draft position #10 if @Lucky Colts Fan doesn't want it. 

 

For some reason, I thought I was locked into the #10 position the last time I checked.

 

It doesn't matter to me where I draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Nope. It just so happens one of the vacated spots was 10. If i were to take it, then #9 would be available.  

 

But I'm not.   However,  how do you feel about the #1 spot.  If #2 takes it, should I offer #2 to #3, and so on?  

 

Just in case there's confusion, If #3 didn't take #2, #4 would not get offered. 

 

The other option is if #2 takes #1, then #2 is locked as vacated. 

 

Yeah, tell me when I can make my choice without someone with higher dibs rights in the way i.e. after all those with higher rights have chosen. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

It doesn't matter to me where I draft.

 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Yeah, tell me when I can make my choice without someone with higher dibs rights in the way i.e. after all those with higher rights have chosen. :) 

 

 

Lol, 

 

But I need a vote on the options.

 

Do I lock after one move,  or continue to offer down until someone chooses not to?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

But I need a vote on the options.

 

Do I lock after one move,  or continue to offer down until someone chooses not to?

 

If @chad72 wants spot 10 and spots 3-9 are already set, let @Bluefire4 pick 1 or 2, and I'll take the other.  That seems easiest, but if anyone else really wants 1 or 2, it doesn't matter to me, I'll take whatever position nobody else wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol,

 

Current draft order, reverse of last year's season standings and taking into account teams that left.

 

1.

2. @Bluefire4

3. @IndyD4U

4. Luck be a lady

5. @BPindy

6. @Btown_Colt

7. Team hulce 

8. @Coltman51

9. Me

10. 

 

We have to fill the vacant spots with @chad72 and @Lucky Colts Fan

 

However, to prevent new people from possibly getting best positions, I offer vacant spots first to the person below and then above.

 

So #1 is being offered to #2. If he doesn't take it,  and since there is No one above #1, it is locked as vacant and will be filled by one of the new guys. 

 

#10 is also vacant,  since I do not want to drop down,  that spot is locked. 

 

Here is where things change and a vote is needed.  If #2 takes #1, that leaves #2 vacant.  If I follow like I did last year, #2 would be locked and become a vacant spot for one of the news guys to fill.

 

However, the league has the option to change that and have sort of a continual offering.  In this setting, #2 would then be offered to #3. IF #3 takes it,  then #4 would be offered #3.

 

However, if #3 declines #2, Then #4 would not get offered #2 and would become locked.

 

So, do you want me to lock it after one move like last year or do a continuous offering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

If @chad72 wants spot 10 and spots 3-9 are already set, let @Bluefire4 pick 1 or 2, and I'll take the other.  That seems easiest, but if anyone else really wants 1 or 2, it doesn't matter to me, I'll take whatever position nobody else wants.

Ya, bit I'm trying to confirm a  system for future use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Lol,

 

Current draft order, reverse of last year's season standings and taking into account teams that left.

 

1.

2. @Bluefire4

3. @IndyD4U

4. Luck be a lady

5. @BPindy

6. @Btown_Colt

7. Team hulce 

8. @Coltman51

9. Me

10. 

 

We have to fill the vacant spots with @chad72 and @Lucky Colts Fan

 

However, to prevent new people troll possibly getting nest positions, I offer vacant spots first to the person below and then above.

 

So #1 is being offered to #2. If he doesn't take it,  and since there is No one above #1, it is locked as vacant and will be filled by one of the new guys. 

 

#10 is also vacant,  since I do not want to drop down,  that spot is locked. 

 

Here is where things change and a vote is needed.  If #2 takes #1, that leaves #2 vacant.  If I follow like I did last year, #2 would be locked and become a vacant spot for one of the news guys to fill.

 

However, the league has the option to change that and have sort of continual offering.  In this setting, #2 would then be offered to #3. IF #3 takes it,  then #4 would need offered #3.

 

However, if #3 declines #2, Then #4 would not get offered #2 and would become locked.

 

So, do you want me to lock it after one move like last year or do a continuous offering?

Gotcha. I say lock after one move. Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Lol,

 

Current draft order, reverse of last year's season standings and taking into account teams that left.

 

1.

2. @Bluefire4

3. @IndyD4U

4. Luck be a lady

5. @BPindy

6. @Btown_Colt

7. Team hulce 

8. @Coltman51

9. Me

10. 

 

We have to fill the vacant spots with @chad72 and @Lucky Colts Fan

 

However, to prevent new people from possibly getting best positions, I offer vacant spots first to the person below and then above.

 

So #1 is being offered to #2. If he doesn't take it,  and since there is No one above #1, it is locked as vacant and will be filled by one of the new guys. 

 

#10 is also vacant,  since I do not want to drop down,  that spot is locked. 

 

Here is where things change and a vote is needed.  If #2 takes #1, that leaves #2 vacant.  If I follow like I did last year, #2 would be locked and become a vacant spot for one of the news guys to fill.

 

However, the league has the option to change that and have sort of a continual offering.  In this setting, #2 would then be offered to #3. IF #3 takes it,  then #4 would be offered #3.

 

However, if #3 declines #2, Then #4 would not get offered #2 and would become locked.

 

So, do you want me to lock it after one move like last year or do a continuous offering?

 

I'm fine with just locking it after one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BPindy said:

 

I'm fine with just locking it after one

 

AGREE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say,  I am slacking this year.  Haven't even looked at doing a mock draft, nor even looked at a top 300 PPR board. 

 

Who's like me,  and who's already number crunching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Bluefire4

 

You're in second for draft order.  The first position is available if you want. If you don't,  it will be an option for either @Lucky Colts Fan or @chad72to take. No one will be able to jump you. 

 

The 10th draft position is also available. Since I am in the 9th position, and will not be dropping down, that position is locked in.

 

I cannot remember if I offered up vacated spots (because of moves), to other people or left them open. So I will let everyone decide. 

 

For instance,  if bluefire moves up, do I then offer the #2 position to @IndyD4U (and so on) or leave it as one of the spots for the new guys. 

 

That is a lot of movement in draft order, but if someone devises not to move,  it licks the spot. I'm in favor of just one move,  but it's not my choice.  

 

@Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @BPindy

 

 

Just in case there's confusion, If #3 didn't take #2, #4 would not get offered, and #3 would be locked as vacated.

 

I'll take the number one spot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I gotta say,  I am slacking this year.  Haven't even looked at doing a mock draft, nor even looked at a top 300 PPR board. 

 

Who's like me,  and who's already number crunching?

 

I am already number crunching. :) However, there is still plenty of time. A handful of mocks, you pretty much know who is going to be around and what mistakes you made those mocks, in your own terms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chad72

 

I still need to go through and delete the trophies I can from you. some can't be without deleting the whole tropht. Those are usually the espn season awards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@chad72

 

I still need to go through and delete the trophies I can from you. some can't be without deleting the whole tropht. Those are usually the espn season awards.

 

Only the trophies from last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

@Btown_Colt When's the draft?

September 3rd @ 1 pm but this is Narcosys league. I was just notifying you and him because I saw where you had asked to join but it was already full. It looks like someone has dropped out now so there should be a spot open, but it is up to @Narcosys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, Coltman51 said:

Dropped out of all leagues this year,  just feel burnt out.   my spot open to whoever wants it.

Sorry to hear man. Hope you get to feeling better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Everyone forgets that Brissett is still learning. He got thrown to the wolves last year with no history with the team and becoming an immediate starter. MOST players would struggle badly in that situation, Jimmy G. excepted. He learned a great deal last year and will be better this year. The offensive play calling HAS to be better this year as does the O-line. He’ll be fine. Pick some other target. 
    • But a team might evaluate their own O line and it just might not be as good as our revamped line.  Thus, last years performance under pressure is on tape, and telling.     Draft QB's in round 1 are cheap, and you control them for a minimum of 5 years.  The price for starting QB's (even unproven) not on a rookie contract are astronomical.     Draft QB's in round 1 are cheap, and you control them for a minimum of 5 years.  Backup QB's are often 2nd and 3rd day picks, have some NFL experience and teams have a fairly decent (yet not perfect) grasp of their ceiling.  JB has much work to develop more than Jimmy Garopolo has.
    • He holds the ball too long and is slow to recognize when a WR is coming open.   Some of that is because he was hammered every play. AND... he has a slow release.   I hope he develops into a great backup........  but I would also say, my confidence, until he proves quite a bit more, is lacking
    • Brissett will be better than last year.  Its surprising how everyone forgets he was running for his life every play.  Even Andrew struggled with that pressure... all QBs do.  Brissett will be much better with a year's experience under his belt and an OL that can protect him. other GMs know this and it WILL affect his value.  The way teams spend on unproven QBs, i can see a team or two offering a 2nd or 3rd.  Heck, the Jets gave up 3 to move up only 3 spots to land an unproven QB.  And they really didnt even know WHICH unproven QB they would get.  Some teams get desperate for a starting QB, as we have seen over and over. if we dont get the trade we want, use him until FA in  2 years. i think, under the circumstances (which were stacked against him), Brissett performed better than people give him credit for.
    • If I’m a GM I say one thing.. ‘Good lord no.’   He’s a garbage person.
  • Members