Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2017

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My fellow Americans, you'll have to excuse me, there's an opening in a PPR league in the next room.

Image result for kicking down the door gif

@Narcosys  I'm in.

LOL, your my new favorite member. Unfortunately you're probably going to be drafting last if everyone else joins from last year.

52 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

LOL, your my new favorite member. Unfortunately you're probably going to be drafting last if everyone else joins from last year.

I see the draft is "offline".  Is it the "snake" format?  I would actually like drafting last if it means I get two picks in a row each time.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I see the draft is "offline".  Is it the "snake" format?  I would actually like drafting last if it means I get two picks in a row each time.

Yes it is snake.  The date and time will be set later once all teams are filled and we can pick a good date.  Should be able to view the league rules and get the jist of everything. 

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Sure why not.

Awesome,  thanks. 

Do you, or anyone else,  have any ideas or changes they may like to see?

Thoughts on how it was run last year?

@BPindy @IndyD4U @Btown_Colt @Coltman51

@Lucky Colts Fan , you weren't here last year but do you have any thoughts after looking things over?

Also, how long do we want to give @PuntersArePeopleToo before we start to look for a replacement?

On 6/21/2017 at 10:32 PM, BPindy said:

Anybody open to making TD passes 6 points for QBs? Makes the difference between good/bad QBs a little more realistic and makes the first few rounds of the draft a bit more interesting IMO

As the league manager I don't consider myself to have too much of a vote, but I can see how it helps non mobile QB's compete against the more mobile,  but less throwing ones.  

Again, I try to get a super majority before I make any changes. Which in this instance it's 7 votes out of 10.

Can I get a vote on this?

I have @BPindy and @Lucky Colts Fan

Voting for.  

I will ask my wife and my friend for theirs. 

@IndyD4U @Bluefire4 @Btown_Colt @Coltman51

What do you say?

I will also go ahead and remove Punters from the league. 

So you anyone else reading this,  we have an opening.

15 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

As the league manager I don't consider myself to have too much of a vote, but I can see how it helps non mobile QB's compete against the more mobile,  but less throwing ones.  

Again, I try to get a super majority before I make any changes. Which in this instance it's 7 votes out of 10.

Voting for.  

What do you say?

I'll vote yea for that

It does make draft strategy more interesting

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Voting for.  

What do you say?

Yes for me.

@BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Btown_Colt, @Coltman51

Currently our draft order will be reverse order of last years final rankings (from championship, not overall season). With how I did it last year, if there was a vacancy I would give people the option to move up or down, and once all that was settled, allow the new people to get the spot that is left.

I could continue to do this, or is there a different way you want to set up the draft?  In another thread they suggested the reverse order pick their positions.  Any thoughts?

@BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @chad72

its still quite early to know for sure, but what timeframe is everyone looking at to do the draft. I prefer the last two weekends in August (18th - 20th / 25th - 27th) or the first weekend of September (1st - 3rd). 

Also, please let me know what time zones you are in. It will be trickier this year and may have an odd time so be flexible. I am working out of the Greenwich mean time zone. That means I am 5 hours ahead of you in the East coast and 8 hours ahead of you in the west coast. However, I promise to get the best possible time for everyone. It might be an afternoon (1pm - 3pm CST) A night time one would be quite difficult for three of us to pull off (three members are in Europe). But I understand the difficulties of trying to conduct a draft with children, that's why nap time or bed time can be best.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @chad72

its still quite early to know for sure, but what timeframe is everyone looking at to do the draft. I prefer the last two weekends in August (18th - 20th / 25th - 27th) or the first weekend of September (1st - 3rd). 

Also, please let me know what time zones you are in. It will be trickier this year and may have an odd time so be flexible. I am working out of the Greenwich mean time zone. That means I am 5 hours ahead of you in the East coast and 8 hours ahead of you in the west coast. However, I promise to get the best possible time for everyone. It might be an afternoon (1pm - 3pm CST) A night time one would be quite difficult for three of us to pull off (three members are in Europe). But I understand the difficulties of trying to conduct a draft with children, that's why nap time or bed time can be best.

September 2nd, that the scheduled time shows is fine with me, from 1 - 4 pm ET.

Just make sure we don't clash with the CFF Elite league draft time. 

(OR)

Make a decision on the time in this league first so that those that are in both leagues can be clear about their availability for the draft in the other league. :) 

On 7/17/2017 at 6:24 PM, chad72 said:

Just make sure we don't clash with the CFF Elite league draft time. 

(OR)

Make a decision on the time in this league first so that those that are in both leagues can be clear about their availability for the draft in the other league. :) 

Can you do September 3rd?

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Can you do September 3rd?

Yeah, I can do September 3rd, I am fine with anywhere between 1 and 5 pm ET. I am afraid both leagues are going to end up on September 3rd with 6 hours of my day spent on FF drafts. :) 

Regardless, setting a time helps us all plan for it.

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I can do September 3rd, I am fine with anywhere between 1 and 5 pm ET. I am afraid both leagues are going to end up on September 3rd with 6 hours of my day spent on FF drafts. :) 

Regardless, setting a time helps us all plan for it.

I haven't seen the scheduling from the other leagues. That sucks. If that is the case then we can try to reschedule for the 2nd if everyone else can make it.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

I haven't seen the scheduling from the other leagues. That sucks. If that is the case then we can try to reschedule for the 2nd if everyone else can make it.

Go ahead and schedule this for September 3rd, the other league has not scheduled anything yet. Then, I can ask the other league for an alternate date.

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

So September 3rd will be our date.  Give me a good 2-3 hour block of time that you will be available to conduct the draft and I will finalize it in our settings. Thank you.

September 3rd is not really a good day for me but if anything I will have my draft queue set up. 1PM-4PM may be the best timeframe for me but even then I may have to exit early.