Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive line fixed!

bleevit

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this optimism for the season and we still have the glass half-empty doom & gloom.  par for the course around here.

irsay was simply stating that the organization believes the pieces are here.  I believe we will see a big improvement too.  Thats alot better than ASSUMING the line will stink again.

some of these comments embarrass ME, and I didnt even say them.

Colt fans.... i'll never fully understand the constant pessimism and snarky comments toward Irsay. Embarrasing, imo.

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

Ballard must be banging his head against the wall with some of the things Irsay and Pagano say

No. Ballard understands that Irsay needs to light a bit of hope and faith in the fan base after last year (and the year before). If everybody remains negative and depressed about the team, nobody is going to support the team.

This is a sport, emotions are everything: hope, aspirations, optimism: things that make you happy and feeling good about the future. That is why you follow and support a team.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

No. Ballard understands that Irsay needs to light a bit of hope and faith in the fan base after last year (and the year before). If everybody remains negative and depressed about the team, nobody is going to support the team.

This is a sport, emotions are everything: hope, aspirations, optimism: things that make you happy and feeling good about the future. That is why you follow and support a team.

I agree halfway. Emotions are half of it. You can only sell a team so much though before people aren't naive anymore. It's actually about production, backing up your words with wins and progress, and with Andrew Luck as QB and a new GM, Irsay has to do just this. Fans aren't going to remain asleep forever, they are waking up to the fact that Luck is in year 6 and the team has regressed. In fact, most have already woken up.

Ballard must be banging his head against the wall with some of the things Irsay and Pagano say

What in the world has Pagano said since Ballard was hired that would make Ballard even roll his eyes, much less bang his head against a wall?

And the only thing Irsay said that was too much and over the top is that he wants to win multi Lombardi trophies. Yes,  it's not great that he did that,   but there are worse things that an owner could do....    if ths is the worst thing that Irsay does,  Ballard will be a very happy GM...

53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree halfway. Emotions are half of it. You can only sell a team so much though before people aren't naive anymore. It's actually about production, backing up your words with wins and progress, and with Andrew Luck as QB and a new GM, Irsay has to do just this. Fans aren't going to remain asleep forever, they are waking up to the fact that Luck is in year 6 and the team has regressed. In fact, most have already woken up.

LOL, yeah I think about everybody has waked up by now!

I see the Irsay remark more as a chairman or CEO giving the stockholders some reassurance that things are on the right track again after a bad period.

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

LOL, yeah I think about everybody has waked up by now!

I see the Irsay remark more as a chairman or CEO giving the stockholders some reassurance that things are on the right track again after a bad period.

Stockholders?  Last time I heard Irsay is the sole owner so addressing the stockholders is a bad observation.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Stockholders?  Last time I heard Irsay is the sole owner so addressing the stockholders is a bad observation.

I believe he was making and analogy. Using Stockholders as a metaphor for us fans. Perhaps his example would have been better suited if he'd used the term stakeholders -- would that suffice?

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

All this optimism for the season and we still have the glass half-empty doom & gloom.  par for the course around here.

irsay was simply stating that the organization believes the pieces are here.  I believe we will see a big improvement too.  Thats alot better than ASSUMING the line will stink again.

Colt fans.... i'll never fully understand the constant pessimism and snarky comments toward Irsay. Embarrasing, imo.

Yes I agree.  And the "snarky" comments toward Irsay are so old, lame and juvenile.  Embarassing for sure. 

Understand, Jim Irsay knows lots more about football than I'll ever know.  And I believe he meant that the players for a good offensive line are on the roster.  The football world (and Colts fans) will agree with Jim when we see the offensive line play well on the field (and the OL knows this).

10 hours ago, LuckyHooker24 said:

If Irsay actually thinks that our offensive line is fixed, perhaps he should put down the bottle and wake up. This unit still has a lot to prove!

Did you actually read and understand what he said or just spout off?

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What in the world has Pagano said since Ballard was hired that would make Ballard even roll his eyes, much less bang his head against a wall?

And the only thing Irsay said that was too much and over the top is that he wants to win multi Lombardi trophies. Yes,  it's not great that he did that,   but there are worse things that an owner could do....    if ths is the worst thing that Irsay does,  Ballard will be a very happy GM...

"You're our Eddie Reed"

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

As others have pointed out, Irsay was quoting Howard Mudd, one of the best O Line coaches ever, who should know talent.  I also believe the pieces are there and Philbin is doing a great job bringing the young talent along.

I'm very excited for this year, and the years to come.  I try to ignore the ignorant, or at least be amused by them spouting the same tired, whining cliches.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

"Youre gonna be another Eddie Reed for us"

Edit:  okay I'll elaborate.

Ballard has specifically preached competition, not comparing young guys to HOFers, and not making big claims about how good someone is before they can prove it on the field.

Pagano and Irsay have both said things that directly oppose that line of thinking.

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

My god talk about being a drama queen.  I am usually the one defending Irsay and Pagano from unwarranted criticism, but what I said was not unwarranted.

My god talk about being a drama queen.  I am usually the one defending Irsay and Pagano from unwarranted criticism, but what I said was not unwarranted.

I'm the drama queen?  You're the one with your bananas in a bucket.

48 minutes ago, #12. said:

Ballard said had Hooker not fallen he was looking at few offensive players.  Lamp, I'm sure.  I highly doubt he sees this current O-line as a finished product.

I doubt he was looking at Lamp.  Sure, he was looking at a few offensive players.....and a dozen defensive players.

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

"Youre gonna be another Eddie Reed for us"

Edit:  okay I'll elaborate.

Ballard has specifically preached competition, not comparing young guys to HOFers, and not making big claims about how good someone is before they can prove it on the field.

Pagano and Irsay have both said things that directly oppose that line of thinking.

Personally,  I thiink you're making way too much out of way too little,  but at least you had an example.     One example.

people are taking stuff that chuck and irsay say a little too seriously

who cares if they compare our rookies to hall of famers?  if this bothers you, rethink your priorities

hopefully the oline is fixed, i wouldnt expect them to say any differently

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wow, Irsay makes a comment and then gets bombarded with so much negativity it's crazy.

I do notice it's pretty much the same ones who troll the sight just to say sarcastic things. Very rarely do they have anything positive to say.

Seriously. He was in a room full of Colts season ticket holders, what's he supposed to say, "OL sucks, defense is terrible, we're screwed, we'll be lucky to win 9 games"?

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Hey, don't judge his bucket of bananas.

He's just waiting for the Tally Mon to come tally he banana.  Daylight come and he wan' go home.

:lol:

Isnt banana bucket slang for something?

similar to banana hammock