Worst Team  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Worst teams in 2017

• Bears
    • Jets
    • Rams
    • Other

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

I don't know how it CAN'T be the Jets. I honestly can't name half their roster right now with the 11 vets who've been cut this season. 

They're obviously tanking. With Cleveland's bevy of picks it's the only way they're guaranteed to get the top QB, whoever that ends up being. 

Is fireman Ed going to games yet? I doubt it. I do feel bad for that guy in New Jersey. Nobody else though. 

I always remember what you said a few yrs ago GP. Something to the effect of "The Jets have a playbook? Since when?" :lol:

I know; I know. SW1 shouldn't enjoy that line so much, but I do man. The gift that keeps on giving. 

On 6/3/2017 at 5:16 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's hard to pinpoint who will be the worst team in the league at this point? Maybe the Bears?

It definitely won't be the Bears. The team picking first will select a QB. The QBs entering the draft next year are supposed to be very talented. The Bears already got their QB of the future. If the Bears have the worst record, they can trade the pick for a boatload of picks.

The team that will end up selecting first is one that needs a QB. So, it sounds like the 49ers, the Jets, or the Browns. I bet it is the Jets because they may end up having the worst record. 

On 6/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, southwest1 said:

I always remember what you said a few yrs ago GP. Something to the effect of "The Jets have a playbook? Since when?" :lol:

Ha, I think I remember that... it was something about the Patriots stealing playbooks. Can't steal it if it doesn't exist right? Haha... 

7 hours ago, GoPats said:

Ha, I think I remember that... it was something about the Patriots stealing playbooks. Can't steal it if it doesn't exist right? Haha... 

Yeah, it's always fun to watch the Pats knock the Jets around. It was nice to see NE help Darrelle Revis get a ring too. Other than Revis Island the only other Jets over the yrs I respected on that squad was Curtis Martin, Jason Taylor, & Nick Mangold. The rest. Who cares.

Uh huh. You always had gang green's number as a team & even when Rex Ryan was running the show in NY; usually Brady had figured out their defense by the 3rd quarter anyway. I still can't believe Mark Sanchez was ever considered a quality QB. Please. My favorite is when the Pats play the Steelers. You always neutralize them when the games really matter. 

Yep, the Jets are like the illegitimate stepchild that just can't get any love in the Big Apple. 

I hope you are doing well man. Sorry about the difference of opinion we had over Deflate Gate. Water under the bridge now. Brady is the man after winning that SB vs Atlanta. I still think Joe Montana is the best QB in SBs but Tom Brady is #2 easy. 

On 6/2/2017 at 11:39 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Titans?  

Seriously,  you included Tennessee?      And the Jags too?     Goodness gracious....   

The early call is the Browns and the Jets....

Titans you are correct on lol but the Jags?  You can never count them out to be one of the worse teams lol.  They have a lot of talent on paper but don't always live up to it.  Maybe they will break through this year and be competitive.

On 6/6/2017 at 4:41 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I already went through this with NewColtsFan, and it's my fault.  I should have been more clear with my OP.  :sorry:  It's not necessarily who will have the worst record this year.

The Bills have the Chiefs 1st-pick in the next draft, so if the Chiefs end up with the worst record (doubt it, but you never know), then it doesn't matter how the Bills season went, they have the #1 overall pick.  Same with Cleveland, even if they don't end up with the worst record, if the Texans do, then the Browns still end up with the #1 overall pick.

And those are just the trades that have already happened.  Any combination of trades could end up with any of the 32 teams picking #1 in the next draft.  If the Colts had substantial trade-capital (which we don't, at this point), we could make a shrewd trade, make the playoffs, and still end up with the #1-overall pick.

:hat:

your question is a little confusing

we are speculating on who will have the top pick, factoring trades along with records?  thats tough, almost like doing mock drafts with trades.  its a total crap shot becasue some random unexpected team could get it due to trade

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Worst Team in 2017 [Merge]
3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Titans you are correct on lol but the Jags?  You can never count them out to be one of the worse teams lol.  They have a lot of talent on paper but don't always live up to it.  Maybe they will break through this year and be competitive.

The Jags havea new coaching staff, and a new front office...    and a ton of talent.

People here always says the Jags win the off-season,  but suck during the regular season.     I'm not in that camp.      Bortles should get better and that's a talented roster they've assembled.

I'm not saying they couldn't screw things up so they finish with a top-10 draft pick.     

But in contention for the number one pick?      No,  sorry,   I don't see it.     Way too much talent for that to happen.

56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Jags havea new coaching staff, and a new front office...    and a ton of talent.

People here always says the Jags win the off-season,  but suck during the regular season.     I'm not in that camp.      Bortles should get better and that's a talented roster they've assembled.

I'm not saying they couldn't screw things up so they finish with a top-10 draft pick.     

But in contention for the number one pick?      No,  sorry,   I don't see it.     Way too much talent for that to happen.

I totally agree.  The real head scratcher was the titans though.  I think it'll be the Jets or Browns. 

30 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I totally agree.  The real head scratcher was the titans though.  I think it'll be the Jets or Browns. 

Yup.....    as we hit the summer break,  the Jets and Browns would be my two front runners as well.

I suppose SF could give them a run for their money,  I think it's still Hoyer as their QB.     But that team has some talent on it,   and I think Shannahan can coach-up a 4-5 wins so the 9ers could finish with a top-5 pick  but perhaps not the top overall pick.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup.....    as we hit the summer break,  the Jets and Browns would be my two front runners as well.

I suppose SF could give them a run for their money,  I think it's still Hoyer as their QB.     But that team has some talent on it,   and I think Shannahan can coach-up a 4-5 wins so the 9ers could finish with a top-5 pick  but perhaps not the top overall pick.

Agreed.  I think Hoyer and Matt Barkley(The two Bears Back up's last year) are there QB's right now.  I think they'll be a bit better than the Jets or Browns and the our Colts better not lose to the Browns or 49ers this year haha