31 members have voted

1. 1. Worst teams in 2017

• Bears
    • Jets
    • Rams
    • Other

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Titans?  

Seriously,  you included Tennessee?      And the Jags too?     Goodness gracious....   

The early call is the Browns and the Jets....

They both picked top-5 this past draft...  And a lot of previous drafts...  Texans too, but they've been decent the past few years.  I wouldn't put it past ALL of our AFC South counterparts to be picking top-10 next year.

Please realize, this doesn't necessarily mean they are the worst teams in the NFL.  Tennessee ended up in the top-5 this year because of previous trades.

You could justifiably say that the Pats end up with the #1 pick next year because BB...  just because BB... he will somehow do it, and nobody would be surprised.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

They both picked top-5 this past draft...  And a lot of previous drafts...  Texans too, but they've been decent the past few years.  I wouldn't put it past ALL of our AFC South counterparts to be picking top-10 next year.

Please realize, this doesn't necessarily mean they are the worst teams in the NFL.  Tennessee ended up in the top-5 this year because of previous trades.

You could justifiably say that the Pats end up with the #1 pick next year because BB...  just because BB... he will somehow do it, and nobody would be surprised.

Remember.....

Tennessee's pick in the top-5 wasn't because the Titans weren't any good.    I think they finished 9-7.

It was because of a 2016 trade with the Rams.      Tennessee had the Rams pick.    

J'Ville has accumulated a ton of talent over the last few years and the two things holding them back are (A) QB with Borltes and (B)  their offensive line.

Both may be improved this year given the draft,   free agency and the new coaching staff and front office.

Both the Titans and Jaguars should be improved over last year.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember.....

Tennessee's pick in the top-5 wasn't because the Titans weren't any good.    I think they finished 9-7.

J'Ville has accumulated a ton of talent over the last few years and the two things holding them back are (A) QB with Borltes and (B)  their offensive line.

Both may be improved this year given the draft,   free agency and the new coaching staff and front office.

Both the Titans and Jaguars should be improved over last year.

Exactly, Tennessee was in the top-5 due to a trade.  Thank you for making my point.

So theoretically, ANY team could end up with the #1 pick in the next draft.

There's absolutely no reason to scoff at any team having that pick.  I'm just interested in WHO you think will be picking #1, not who you think will be the worst team or have the worst record.  Otherwise, that would be the name of the thread...

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Exactly, Tennessee was in the top-5 due to a trade.  Thank you for making my point.

So theoretically, ANY team could end up with the #1 pick in the next draft.

There's absolutely no reason to scoff at any team having that pick.  I'm just interested in WHO you think will be picking #1, not who you think will be the worst team or have the worst record.  Otherwise, that would be the name of the thread...

Excuse me?

Making YOUR point?       On what planet?

You made your argument that Tennessee just wasnt' any good.     And then I noted that they were -- in fact -- a good team.    

Having a top pick because of a trade doesn't mean any team can get the top pick,   because if that was the case,  you'd put all 32 teams on your list of who is likely to get the top pick.     But you didn't do that.      You were only thinking of who was a bad team and your wrongly put teams on the list that didn't belong there.

Don't try to change the argument after the fact....       Sorry,   but no.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Excuse me?

You made your argument that Tennessee just wasnt' any good.     And then I noted that they were -- in fact -- a good team.    

Having a top pick because of a trade doesn't mean any team can get the top pick,   because if that was the case,  you'd put all 32 teams on your list of who is likely to get the top pick.     But you didn't do that.      You were only thinking of who was a bad team and your wrongly put teams on the list that didn't belong there.

Jets or 49ers.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Excuse me?

This is my OP:  

15 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Which team ends up with the #1 overall pick?

I didn't ask which team will be the worst, or have the worst record.  If you think that's what I implied, fine. 

I guess I could have added "either through record or trade" to the end of my question to be a little more clear.

:sorry:  

(I didn't feel like listing all 32 teams, so I listed 10 and then added "Other")  :dunno:

31 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Jets or 49ers.

Humor me here:  

What if there's an early-season trade this year, where a team like the Browns, 49ers or Jets get desperate, due to injuries, and send their 2018 1st rounder to the Pats for Jimmy Garoppolo?

They could still end up with the worst record, giving the Pats the #1 overall pick next year...

:Gaah:

I know I'm nit-picking here, but this is what I said:

13 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And then you said:

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We said the same thing, so I don't understand why you attacked me?

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Excuse me?

I don't see where I said the bolded and underlined...  Anyway, hope we're on the same page now.

:hat:

I'm selfish haha but honestly I wish it was us lol I'd take 1 more down year for a top pick in every round and for chuck to disappear.

I could only imagine Ballard picking first in every round! :excited:

And yes I know that the chances of this are very very small lol  

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm selfish haha but honestly I wish it was us lol I'd take 1 more down year for a top pick in every round and for chuck to disappear.

I hear what you are saying but I don't think I can take 1 more year of missing the Playoffs. These last 2 seasons haven't been the same without us in it.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hear what you are saying but I don't think I can take 1 more year of missing the Playoffs. These last 2 seasons haven't been the same without us in it.

Yeah I know it would suck I could handle it just cause I would love to see Ballard pick first plus we could get a killer pass rusher finally!!

31 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

13 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Probably going to be the 49ers. Of all the teams on this list, they are the most unpredictable as we have no idea what is going to happen with Lynch running their front office. 

I wish we had a Garoppolo in our back pocket to trade to the 49ers for their 1st-rounder.  Then we really could have the #1 overall pick without having to be the worst team in the league to get it.

:td:

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Humor me here:  

What if there's an early-season trade this year, where a team like the Browns, 49ers or Jets get desperate, due to injuries, and send their 2018 1st rounder to the Pats for Jimmy Garoppolo?

They could still end up with the worst record, giving the Pats the #1 overall pick next year...

:Gaah:

Ya because the team is terrible QB isn't going to help if he has no team around him as we have learned by not giving Luck the team he needs to win championships.

I think the Bears have the best shot at the number 1 pick. They were already the 3rd worst team, they lost Alshon Jeffrey, didn't gain much talent in FA, and they gave up a ton in the draft to get a risky rookie QB (after paying Mike Glennon). The only bright spot is Jordan Howard. If Trubisky kills it, I think they are still only a 3 or 4 win team.

On 6/3/2017 at 0:39 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Titans?  

Seriously,  you included Tennessee?      And the Jags too?     Goodness gracious....   

The early call is the Browns and the Jets....

Jags have an outside shot of having the #1 pick.  They are always in the top 5.

The only ones on there that I would say are extremely unlikely to get the #1 pick are the Titans, Bills, and Chargers.

Titans where pretty solid last year, so there is no reason why they would drop off that far.  Bills where also fairly solid last year, again no reason why you would see that big of a drop off.

Phillip Rivers is too talented to let the Chargers fall that far.  He might not be able to get them a winning season, but you can be sure that he's not going to let them win less then 3 games.  (Which is how bad you have to be usually to get the #1 pick.)

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Jags have an outside shot of having the #1 pick.  They are always in the top 5.

The only ones on there that I would say are extremely unlikely to get the #1 pick are the Titans, Bills, and Chargers.

Titans where pretty solid last year, so there is no reason why they would drop off that far.  Bills where also fairly solid last year, again no reason why you would see that big of a drop off.

Phillip Rivers is too talented to let the Chargers fall that far.  He might not be able to get them a winning season, but you can be sure that he's not going to let them win less then 3 games.  (Which is how bad you have to be usually to get the #1 pick.)

I already went through this with NewColtsFan, and it's my fault.  I should have been more clear with my OP.  :sorry:  It's not necessarily who will have the worst record this year.

The Bills have the Chiefs 1st-pick in the next draft, so if the Chiefs end up with the worst record (doubt it, but you never know), then it doesn't matter how the Bills season went, they have the #1 overall pick.  Same with Cleveland, even if they don't end up with the worst record, if the Texans do, then the Browns still end up with the #1 overall pick.

And those are just the trades that have already happened.  Any combination of trades could end up with any of the 32 teams picking #1 in the next draft.  If the Colts had substantial trade-capital (which we don't, at this point), we could make a shrewd trade, make the playoffs, and still end up with the #1-overall pick.

:hat:

My gut says Bears.  No proven QB and their defense isn't very good either.  The Colts could be here if Luck is not healthy.  The Rams at least have a defense and the Jets have a decent roster that just hasn't put it together.  None have proven QB's though, which is probably why all are on this list to begin with.

The NFC North doesn't do them any favors either.  I think it's stronger than either the AFC East or NFC West.

EDIT:  Check that.  I just saw NFL Network and they were showing all the guys the Jets have either lost to FA or just released (not including Eric Decker yet), and this roster is not good anymore.  They won't be good on either side of the ball and don't have a good QB either.  I would be surprised if they win 3 games.  They are clearly in rebuilding mode.  So my new pick is the Jets followed by Chicago.

3 hours ago, BlacknGold77 said:

I'd say its the Jets....but the Jets are so inept they'll manage to even fail at tanking

I voted for them to be the worst team, but you never know.  I was going to joke about "now watch them beat NE twice, win 10 games, and be a wild card team"...

haha

On June 7, 2017 at 8:37 PM, AZColt11 said:

My gut says Bears.  No proven QB and their defense isn't very good either. 

Yeah, Da Bears do have a this is gonna be a l-o-n-g yr vibe about them don't they? I have a feeling Fox will be gone after this season. Trubisky or Glennon don't evoke winning face of franchise to me either. 

It's between the Bears and the Jets as of now, but the easy (and correct) choice, is the Jets. The Bears probably will end up having the worst NFL Draft this year (because of the lack of picks and trading of such picks which resulted in getting lower picks), but the Jets HAVE ALREADY had a few bad draft that HAVE ALREADY affected the team negatively. The Bears have some key players like Jordan Howard, Leonard Floyd, and Cody Whitehair from last years draft that hit, along with a few young offensive pieces like Trubisky and Shaheen that may or may not be hits. In other words, they are on the rebuild. The Jets, on the other hand, are in the middle of dismantling their team. Getting rid of most of the veterans and older players, a lot of salary cap space, and poor drafting have left them in a huge mess. They are very young and inexperienced now. They basically have Matt Forte and nothing else on offense now, along with a strong D-Line, and two highly regarded Safeties they drafted in Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye. They don't have much, and even Jamal Adams won't be able to have a huge impact by himself as a Safety. He will make a huge impact as a leader in the locker room, but they need more talent, as well as a QB, before they can even be mentioned as a decent team. Two more drafts is realistic for them, and that's if they get an elite QB in next years draft.

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

The jets and it won't even be close.... they are flirting with 0 - 16 right now... (even if it is by design)... 

Their roster moves look as if they are purposefully tanking the season for the #1 pick.  

I don't know how it CAN'T be the Jets. I honestly can't name half their roster right now with the 11 vets who've been cut this season. 

They're obviously tanking. With Cleveland's bevy of picks it's the only way they're guaranteed to get the top QB, whoever that ends up being.