Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard on Andrew's recovery (re-visit)

TKnight24

47 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Irsay said he'd be back in time for the regular season, so take that for what you will. 

Not much!! Irsay's not a doctor or Andrew Luck.So what does he know? We won't know until he starts throwing and doesn't have pain. 

34 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Not much!! Irsay's not a doctor or Andrew Luck.So what does he know? We won't know until he starts throwing and doesn't have pain. 

Irsay is paying the doctors.   I'm guessing he knows.   But he could also be blowing smoke to make sure tickets get sold

52 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

What does Jim Irsay know?       He's the owner.     He knows EVERYTHING!

Irsay is never the last to know.      He's in the building everyday.     He talks to Chris Ballard every day.     He talks to the doctors overseeing Luck's recovery.     And just as important,   he talks to Andrew Luck!

Irsay is never finding out information by reading it on this website,  or watching ESPN or the NFL Network.

Before the team goes public with any news,  they're keeping Irsay in the loop.

Irsay knows EVERYTHING.

Hope we've cleared that up.........

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Irsay is never the last to know.      He's in the building everyday.     He talks to Chris Ballard every day.     He talks to the doctors overseeing Luck's recovery.     And just as important,   he talks to Andrew Luck!

Irsay is never finding out information by reading it on this website,  or watching ESPN or the NFL Network.

Irsay knows EVERYTHING.

I would concur.  The man writing the checks knows everything there is to know.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Assuming I won't be seeing Andrew Luck against the Lions in week 1 of the preseason for my bachelor party.

I would say that's a fairly safe assumption.  There's really no reason he would HAVE to play in that first one anyway.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Irsay knows EVERYTHING.

I don't think anybody knows's until he starts throwing without pain that's all I'm saying. 

19 hours ago, bababooey said:

Assuming I won't be seeing Andrew Luck against the Lions in week 1 of the preseason for my bachelor party.

I don't see any reason why he'd have to miss your bachelor party.

What time should I be there?

2 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't think anybody knows's until he starts throwing without pain that's all I'm saying. 

Fair enough....

But as much as there is to know will be known by Ballard,  Irsay,  Pagano,  team doctors and Luck long before it becomes public.

I'm expecting Luck to start throwing the ball in July....     when, exactly,  is still a major unknown......

from what little information we've been given we can be pretty confident Luck will be throwing in the next 30 day's; serious problems wouldn't stay private very long with the Colts. Irsay has always been one of the most honest and knowledgeable owners when it comes to his team (not saying he has always done the right thing) and just like with the Manning surgery'S he went directly for LUCK WHEN HE FELT IT WAS NEEDED'

I've had a lot of surgery's do military injuries and certain parts of our bodies will have pain even fixed when they start getting used at a high level , It's the type of pain that Luck feel's once he starts letting that gun loose that will tell even Luck what he'll be doing before the last pre-season game. 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, superrep1967 said:

Since Irsay owns the team I dare say he knows more than any of us guessing on an internet forum.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, superrep1967 said:

That's true but like any surgery I am sure there is a timetable the doctors gave them that they expect Luck to be good to go.  Now just because they aren't telling us doesn't mean it's not there.  Judging by what the Colts are saying and more importantly not doing (bringing in another QB) they seem to feel fairly confident Luck will be ready by the season opener.  Could he end up not being ready then?  Sure.

On June 7, 2017 at 0:32 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Love the mentality.  We need to put enough talent on the roster that we can win even if our QB misses time with injuries. 

This is where I come down on Chewbacca's recovery too. We are now at a point with an experienced GM in Ballard who knows that Luck can't be expected to carry this team on his shoulders every darn week & that our previous GM was too TE & WR centered. 

Ballard gets that if Luck knows our defense can stop somebody; he can breathe a little easier & turnovers are no longer quite as catastrophic. That's what INDY needs: A stout DL when the weather turns cold & wet after Halloween & beyond. 

On 6/7/2017 at 8:16 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Don't bring him back until he's ready. The poor guy looks like he lost a bunch of weight, and doesn't look ready

He looked pretty healthy at the town hall meeting, his size was evident on stage, but he did look 10 lbs light in the upper body. I really don't think dropping from 240 to 235 will have much of an impact, by the fourth game he'll be at a comfortable weight

Colts fan since 57.

I still see problems at the ROL and DE positions. Langford and Anderson, definitely need to play at a high level while our younger players develop including the OLB's, the backfield is full of talent with Adam's retired that spot in the beginning of the season can actually be improved by Butler. We can't count or Geathers, with neck injuries you really don't know how they will go until the hitting starts. We are going to need a run game other teams have to prepare for. Gore, well is Gore he'll (if he starts all season) see another 950 to 1,100 year, but not in the chunks we need to force opponents to adjust for. Don't surprised if Mack or Micheal ends up supplanting Gore.. With so many changes on the team this could be a 9-6 year or an 11-5 year. Let's hope it;s the latter, we'll be at the top and in control of the AFC South again.

I haven't heard the usual statement of a team when they feel their starting QB won't be, you know; " if A... can't start (isn't ready, healed, comfortable etc.,) we've got a real completion between our backup's" This is when you get some concern.

Luck doesn't need more than 1 or 2 series in the pre-season anyway to be ready and a week of practice with his new weapons