Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think it will be Clemson vs Georgia with Georgia winning. The difference being Kelly Bryant not being the same passer like DeShaun Watson against Georgia's D.

Clemson vs Alabama - Alabama's offense has taken a step back from a year past, not much TE production since Howard left. Hurts stares down Calvin Ridley waaayyyy too much, which hurt him in the Auburn game. If he does that again, Clemson might blow them out. If he spreads it out better, it will be a tight game.

Oklahoma vs Georgia - If Georgia can stay ahead and control tempo vs Oklahoma with good D and running game, it will be Georgia. If Oklahoma spreads it out and forces Georgia LBs to cover more (which I think will be the strategy), it will come down to if the Georgia pass rushers can get to Mayfield which I think they will.

I think Ohio State getting blown out by Clemson last year (though the committee won't admit that) plus their inconsistency this year where they go through streaky offensive production all played a factor too in Alabama getting in outside the obvious road game loss to an unranked Iowa. Wisconsin, if it was in the same Big Ten division as Ohio State, would have had more losses, IMO. It has a serious deficiency in speed and would have been exposed by SEC teams while Ohio State had the speed to keep up, just that its inconsistency did it in.

They beat Michigan pretty easily, and I doubt they would have had much issue with Michigan State. Penn State would have been a challenge, and I honestly see that as a 50/50 game with the favorite being the home team. 

Wisconsin got penalized for losing to the #8 team by 6 in their conference title game, where as Bama gets rewarded by getting beat by 12 to a 3 loss Auburn team who just got smoked in their conference title game. On paper, Bama's and Wisconsin's resume were nearly identical (schedule strength, quality of wins), but again, Bama got rewarded. As I've stated Bama nor Ohio State deserved to get in, and again, honestly I would have been fine with Wisconsin beating Ohio State just so none of this nonsense had to happen. I was really hoping that would happen in hopes of Ohio State and Bama getting a NY6 game. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Stanford player finished second once again in the Heisman voting. Bryce Love was the runner up to the Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield who was outstanding this year. Congrats to Mayfield. Congrats to the other candidates for their great seasons. 

What do people think about Mayfield's prospects for the NFL? I love his competitiveness and he seems to have that "It". Some say he reminds them of Manziel and he will fail. I don't see that. What do folks here think?

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

A Stanford player finished second once again in the Heisman voting. Bryce Love was the runner up to the Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield who was outstanding this year. Congrats to Mayfield. Congrats to the other candidates for their great seasons. 

What do people think about Mayfield's prospects for the NFL? I love his competitiveness and he seems to have that "It". Some say he reminds them of Manziel and he will fail. I don't see that. What do folks here think?

I think Mayfield will be a Good Pro. He has his head on straight where as Manziel didn't. Manziel loved to party and did drugs and drink a lot. Congrats to Bryce Love for finishing 2nd.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I see a lot of Drew Brees in his playing style. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do too, I am not so sure he isn't the best QB in the Draft. You have Rosen and Darnold of course but I like Mayfield too.

Both of them may come back for a year. I think there already were rumors that Darnold was thinking about it, and Rosen may want to come back in Chip Kellys system to help him potentially be the #1 pick next year. Should be interesting to see what those two do.

Pretty excited...UK landed a 3 star Juco QB Terry Wilson and beat out Florida (Dan Mullen knows QBs) for him. 

Maybe we can make a recruiting thread sometime here soon like @NFLfan suggested or just use the new CFB thread which will probably be up as soon as this season ends for it. CFB recruiting is pretty interesting to follow as a lot of crazy stuff is happening with it usually.

21 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pretty excited...UK landed a 3 star Juco QB Terry Wilson and beat out Florida (Dan Mullen knows QBs) for him. 

Maybe we can make a recruiting thread sometime here soon like @NFLfan suggested or just use the new CFB thread which will probably be up as soon as this season ends for it. CFB recruiting is pretty interesting to follow as a lot of crazy stuff is happening with it usually.

Looks like UK's recruiting class is shaping out to be a good one. It is currently ranked in the top 25. Stanford's class currently is not even top 50. I expect we will get more commits before National Signing Day.

https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Looks like UK's recruiting class is shaping out to be a good one. It is currently ranked in the top 25. Stanford's class currently is not even top 50. I expect we will get more commits before National Signing Day.

https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

I like that there's an early signing period now. Some of them will be locked in in about a week.

On 12/11/2017 at 6:26 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I like that there's an early signing period now. Some of them will be locked in in about a week.

I had not realized that there was an early signing period. Do you know why that was instituted?

Signing Day (Feb. 6th, I believe) used to be big. The early signing period probably takes away from the importance of Signing Day, as many of the recruits will have already signed.

23 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I had not realized that there was an early signing period. Do you know why that was instituted?

Signing Day (Feb. 6th, I believe) used to be big. The early signing period probably takes away from the importance of Signing Day, as many of the recruits will have already signed.

I'm not too sure. I think this is the first year it is put in effect,

So Rodney Anderson was interrogated for 3 hours and so was his accuser. His accuser accused him of rape. Rodney passed a lie detector test done by a retired FBI employee and his accuser kept changing her story to the police. After an investigation, no charges will be filed against Anderson by the DA. So she lied about being raped. Yeah way to go lady, you aren't helping out other females that actually go through something like that. Now the next question should be, should she now get in trouble for lying to police about being raped? Should Anderson sue for defamation of character? I hope both happens. My pick is back on, I still have Oklahoma winning it all now.

-I have Oklahoma over Georgia and Bama over Clemson. Then Oklahoma over Bama for the Title.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now the next question should be, should she now get in trouble for lying to police about being raped? Should Anderson sue for defamation of character?

Yes. Absolutely! Lying about being raped is reprehensible. She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if in fact she made false accusations of rape. 

On 12/19/2017 at 4:20 PM, MTC said:

Sorry to hear that. He left Minnesota because of his seizure disorder. 

6 hours ago, MTC said:

Yeah, unfortunately he suffers with epilepsy. 

Many folks have epilepsy but it is controlled. They live pretty normal lives. Jerry Kill seemed to have uncontrolled epilepsy. 

Perhaps Stanford is planning to sign more players by February. I don't know. Their early signing period recruiting class is ranked 50th. The last couple of years they have been top 15 after Signing Day (Feb 6th or so).

@RockThatBlue UK's class is top 30.

@2006Coltsbestever Nebraska is closer to Stanford but they have a new coach. That is not surprising. They may pick up more guys by February.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Perhaps Stanford is planning to sign more players by February. I don't know. Their early signing period recruiting class is ranked 50th. The last couple of years they have been top 15 after Signing Day (Feb 6th or so).

@2006Coltsbestever Nebraska is closer to Stanford but they have a new coach. That is not surprising. They may pick up more guys by February.

I am just glad we hired Frost. That alone has me pumped for next season.

Stanford signed 10 players but expects to pick up about 6 to 9 more. 

"Stanford’s early group includes four four-star athletes: Alabama quarterback Jack West, Maryland defensive end Thomas Booker, Georgia cornerback Kendall Williamson and Southern California wide receiver Michael Wilson."

"The Stanford class is heavy on cornerbacks: Ethan Bonner of Texas, Donjae Logan of Arizona and Kendall Williamson of Georgia. ... West was rated the second-best recruit in Alabama by ESPN and PrepStar. He passed for 1,907 yards and 22 TDs as a senior at Saraland High, giving him 4,869 and 56 in his career. ... Wilson was the all-time leading receiver at Chaminade-West Hills with 2,000 yards."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfgate.com/collegesports/amp/Thanks-to-early-signing-date-Stanford-class-is-12445355.php

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, NFLfan said:

Kentucky will get 3 or 4 more recruits. And yeah, Stanford probably is doing that.

Kentucks plays their bowl game this Friday against Northwestern. I just realized today that Northwestern was ranked in the top 25. Definitely won't be an easy game for my cats.

Also, excited that the CFB playoff games are just one week away.

When does Stanford play their bowl game @NFLfan and @GOZER when does Purdue play their bowl game? I'll try to catch both 

50 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Kentucks plays their bowl game this Friday against Northwestern. I just realized today that Northwestern was ranked in the top 25. Definitely won't be an easy game for my cats.

When does Stanford play their bowl game @NFLfan and @GOZER when does Purdue play their bowl game? I'll try to catch both 

Purdue plays Arizona Weds at 8:30, hoping for a good game, that Arizona QB is a definite threat!!!

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Stanford plays TCU in the Alamo Bowl at 9pm ET on Thursday, Dec. 28th in San Antonio. There will likely be many TCU fans there. I don't know much about this TCU team but they have a good head coach.

Purdue vs. Arizona -- high-scoring game. Purdue leading 28 --14. 2nd Quarter, 4 min left.

I like this QB for Purdue (Sindelar).

Texas vs. Missouri -- Texas leading 14 to nothing.  13 min left in the 2nd quarter.  Boring game. The Texas punter Dickson may be NFL material. The Vikes could use a punter. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Purdue vs. Arizona -- high-scoring game. Purdue leading 28 --14. 2nd Quarter, 4 min left.

I like this QB for Purdue (Sindelar).

Texas vs. Missouri -- Texas leading 14 to nothing.  13 min left in the 2nd quarter.  Boring game. The Texas punter Dickson may be NFL material. The Vikes could use a punter. 

This Purdue game is really good. Both teams have played relatively well.

Btw, Drew Locke for Missouri is such an underrated QB going into the coming draft, IMO. He has a cannon for an arm. 

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, NFLfan said:

Stanford plays TCU in the Alamo Bowl at 9pm ET on Thursday, Dec. 28th in San Antonio. There will likely be many TCU fans there. I don't know much about this TCU team but they have a good head coach.

I am off work tomorrow night so I will be able to watch some of the Stanford game. I will flip between that and Basketball.

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

This Purdue game is really good. Both teams have played relatively well.

Btw, Drew Locke for Missouri is such an underrated QB going into the coming draft, IMO. He has a cannon for an arm. 

This games got me on the edge of my seat....Purdue Offense started strong but Arizona seems to have figured them out. And don’t get me started on this officiating, some of the worst I’ve ever seen, and not just against Purdue, my God. 

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

This games got me on the edge of my seat....Purdue Offense started strong but Arizona seems to have figured them out. And don’t get me started on this officiating, some of the worst I’ve ever seen, and not just against Purdue, my God. 

Good ole CFB officiating. Ha.